Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Swapping 2006 engine, harness, ecu into 2007 problem?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 08:09 PM

Default Swapping 2006 engine, harness, ecu into 2007 problem?!?!?!?!

Alright guys here is what i have. I have a 2007 Scion TC the engine was knocking, it ran but was knocking, so i picked up a wrecked 2006 TC. I pulled the entire engine, 5 speed trans, engine harness, and the ecu all together from the 2006 and put it all in the 2007. It ran completely fine in the wrecked car before i pulled it. Now i know the ecu is different it has more plugs then the 07 so i put the 06 ecu in it. Also i found that the mass air sensor is different so i swapped those as well...... Now to my problem. It will crank just fine but it will not start. I also have a solid check engine light and when i hook my SnapOn Solus scanner it will not communicate to give me Engine codes. PLEASE HELP!!!!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
Old 01-31-2017, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not positive as I never did this, but isn't the immobilizer tied to the ECU? I though it had to be reprogrammed when changing computers but I don't know for sure. Search through these forums to read up on this. I think someone had similar challenges recently when swapping a 2AZFE into their Toyota MR2.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:57 PM

We at Reliable Glass focus on providing our customers with only the best customer service as well as top-notch mobile glass repair work, from home to auto to commercial, and as a result our rating with the Better Business Bureau continues to be an A+.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^WTF??? Keep your spam out of here. Thanks.