Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   Is the throttle that sensitive? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/throttle-sensitive-123764/)

Jailbird 12-31-2007 11:53 PM

Is the throttle that sensitive?

I have 4500 miles on my '08 and the throttle seems very sensitive. I'm not sure if it's just me or if there is something wrong. When I drive there doesn't seem to be a smooth transition between on and off throttle. Is this common?

-Brian

boostedbox06 12-31-2007 11:55 PM

can you elaborate on the problem a little more?

ZTC 01-01-2008 12:02 AM

i notice it too. when i drive up the hill to my house it almost always used to bite as soon as i finished the turn and throw me back into the seat. i figured out how to avoid that but sometimes when going from a dead stop it jerks too.
i think thats what he's talking aboute

Jailbird 01-01-2008 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by ZTC
i notice it too. when i drive up the hill to my house it almost always used to bite as soon as i finished the turn and throw me back into the seat. i figured out how to avoid that but sometimes when going from a dead stop it jerks too.
i think thats what he's talking aboute

This is a pretty good explaination. It seems "jerky". When I apply the throttle, there is nothing for just a bit (maybe .25" of travel in the pedal) then the throttle comes on with a jerk. The same thing happens when I let off the throttle. Ease it out and the car slows down, then again with about .25" of travel left in the gas pedal the throttle just cuts out.

I realize the tC has a drive by wire throttle but other cars I've had with this were much smoother, witch leads me to think there might be problem.

-Brian

boostedbox06 01-01-2008 02:28 AM

do you guys have stock exhausts and catalytic converters? I have heard that sometimes if the cat gets clogged it won't accelerate as it should....what other parts have you guys done engine wise?

scionteecee 01-01-2008 04:49 AM

This happens on my other Toyota but service dept said that's how it's supposed to be so i dunno.

IcetC 01-01-2008 05:08 AM

yea I noticed this happens to b/c of the drive by wire throttle it happens to me when I hit bumps I bounce off the throttle a little bit a the throttle jumps a little I know what he is talking about

boostedbox06 01-01-2008 05:15 AM

ya I wondered it the drive by wire had anything to do with it

jiggadomino 01-01-2008 09:40 PM

i remember this was covered in a previous post
it is just the computer processing the info for throttle or no throttle

when i took off my gas pedal to install my gts pedals, you can really see how thorttle by wire works. Old cars have a metal wire directly connected to the throttle; but with throttle by wire, the pedal tip spins a small lever connected to the computer by wire