Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   Ticking coming from engine on passenger side (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/ticking-coming-engine-passenger-side-79794/)

Gmoney 11-03-2006 12:32 PM

Ticking coming from engine on passenger side

I noticed about a week ago that at idle i heard a slight ticking noise. It sounds like its coming from the passenger side engine bay. I cant really hear it while looking into the engine bay but in the car i can. I have roughly 36k miles on the car. It sounds like something around the pullies or it could also be an injector......but i noticed something else this morning, it started ticking and then increase it ticks. not noise but ticks. when i start to go again i dont hear it, could be cause of engine noise but im not sure. as far as engine mods, i have k&n intake, nst crank pully, cc catback exhaust. It has also been pretty cold this past week or lets just say colder this past week. also i have no loss in power or can feel any differences in the car just the ticking. any ideas?

11thhour 11-03-2006 02:53 PM

its normal, i got that too (only 5k miles for me)

kanundrum 11-03-2006 02:56 PM

RUNNN!!!!!!!!!!

lmaoo sounds like VVTI ticking.

g3kko 11-03-2006 03:37 PM

Check your oil level? Most cars exhibit more valve noise when the oil levels are low. Does it seem to do it more on a cold start? Does it seem to go away if you raise the RPMs (in neutral) to, say, 2k? Not a hard rev, but but just with the engine above idle?

MysTiKchRis 11-03-2006 04:06 PM

Have you changed you spark plugs recently? If you have remember not to over tighten them cuzz the tip of the spark plug can tap angst the piston if over tighten causing the ticking noise.

Gmoney 11-03-2006 04:58 PM

i just got an oil change last weekend.....though i have been pushing the car pretty hard this past week......maybe its vvti telling me it needs a rest....haha.

Gmoney 11-04-2006 10:14 PM

found out the tick is coming from the vaccum hose close to the TB. actually its the assembly near the intake mounting postion. you have to unhook it when you get an aftermarket inatke. could i have a loose connection or a bad hose somewhere?

gottea 11-09-2006 01:35 AM

i hear the same ticking from the same place.. mine is stock.. about 33k miles... i sure hope its normal.. my warranty is almost up.

JOEinSD 11-09-2006 11:04 AM

been hearing this for the past 2 weeks, and had my oil changed 3 weeks ago..

Stealthx017 11-09-2006 02:54 PM

cliking noise

change to synthetic oil on your next oil change

tCizzler 11-09-2006 03:15 PM

Everyone has this its normal, just louder than usual sometimes, and now that you know about it, it is on your mind and you won't stop thinking about it. Seems to get louder when cold, sounds like it comes from the belt housing on the side of the motor