Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

possible bent lower control arm or strut

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Default possible bent lower control arm or strut

alright guys this might be a long shot wanted to get some insite info before i take the car into a mechanic
so before i bought the car it was previously hit in the driver side rear quarter.
so when i put 18's on and the 225/40 tire it started to rub my quarter panel when i would take like a right hand turn into my driveway. so i took it in and got all the body worked done and everything straightned out and when i got home turned into my driveway it still rubs on the bumper. so not happy i take it back to the body shop and they checked everything over and said it was fine and asked if i could show them where its rubbing so i did and they lifted the car and said from the looks they could tell it was hit there and i was like ya it was and they said that there was a spot on the lower control arm where it had rusted which he said leads him to believe that piece was bent causing the paint to chip and then they straightned it and it still inst right causing the tire to not align in the wheel well right or he said it could be a bent or un infalted strut. he said if i take it in for a alignment they should be able to tell whats wrong and i have a lifetime alignment at firestone

so what im asking is does all this sound like it could be the problem or is he blowing smoke up my ___
Old 09-12-2010, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

if its an alignment, then holy crap, ur alignment is hella off... if u have lifetime alignment, then i might as well take it there and see what they say, then go from there.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

ya im so confused as to what it could be anymore as the car doesnt seem to pull at all so im gonna take it in for that alignment. it makes sense that something could be bent or tweeked as i know metal does bend when impacted and if nothing was replaced down there then that could make sense
Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

i just realized this is in the wrong section. can this be moved it was late and i was tired