Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   AEM F/IC/Dezod PnP harness (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/aem-f-ic-dezod-pnp-harness-117014/)

ladlus 10-13-2007 02:16 AM

AEM F/IC/Dezod PnP harness

Question: I'm not sure if it's a wiring issue with the harness, but I have the AEM F/IC with the Dezod harness and something seems screwy. Do you guys with the F/IC and the harness notice a mechanical humming noise coming from it(or from the stock ECU, that particular area behind the glovebox) when the F/IC is plugged in? And is it possible it's draining my battery because my car has a problem starting from time to time and it's starting to annoy me. Battery life seems to be fine... If it matters, I have the Dezod Auto S1 kit.

aen 10-13-2007 06:21 AM

thats.....a bit wierd. theres nothing mechanical in the f/ic...shoudln't drain your battery either, the way it works is that it's plugged into the factory ecu. so when that's off. the f/ic is off too. unless you wired it up all weird.

do you have a map on it? because if you plug it in without a map the car will have trouble starting and whatnot.

you think you have something hitting hte fan behind hte glove box?

ladlus 10-13-2007 06:59 AM

Yeah, it's strange. It does make a strange humming noise. I hear it when I've driven the car and when I turn it off. And if it's off for awhile (like the next day) I don't hear it at all and then sometimes the car barely turns over... Everything for the F/IC is wired up correct(I think..I hope). I had it tuned (somewhat successful) but it still needs to go back to be worked on some more. Bogs down big time ~40 to 55mph and runs really rich. They were having huge problems tuning it (this is their first F/IC) and after a week or so I picked it up Tuesday and it started off/drove fine (except bogging at 40 to 55).

Wednesday, CEL came on (code said car running too rich) and it drove okay (except still bogging), Thursday car barely cranked over and still had a CEL.

Friday car started in the morning but at 5pm it wouldn't start, and even went dead at an intersection, till I started it again and put it in neutral and kept the revs up, then shift to D. Checked the battery, fully recharged it and everything seemed okay.

Will the tC not start when it has a CEL (because it might enter limp mode, perhaps? Maybe this is the problem...

ladlus 10-13-2007 06:57 PM

Okay , well I must be hard of hearing. It's not coming from the F/IC. I thought it was, but it wasn't. The humming noise is coming from the engine bay after I shut the car off you can hear it and it's very loud. Sounds like it comes from the IC section of the car where the O2 and oil sensors get plugged in. When I disconnect the battery, it goes away. Never had this sound till the turbo was installed. Could this be why I've had problems??? Anyone?

-------

UPDATE! I'm not crazy! It HAS to be the F/IC and/or the bloody harness! I disconnected one of the cables going into the F/IC and the noise went away. So, Paul/Joe or anyone with F/IC experience, can you tell me what's going on???? Any way to test the harness??

rmp21115 07-07-2009 12:32 AM

its your throttle body thats staying on..i have the exact same setup AND problem... i just unplug the fic every time i know im not gonna be using my car for a while (long enough that my battery could drain)..from what i know the only solution is to wire it to a switch (not sure with wires to use)..OR..get the new harness from AEM that solves that problem...AEM should provide us with a new harness cuz it really is a hassle :/

jsingh 07-08-2009 03:35 AM

^^ yep its the throttle body that's making that noise.
i read on the forums that the way to fix it is to add a relay or something like that?? (don't know the specific info on it)

paul_dezod 07-08-2009 08:04 PM

Basically create a relay that activates the TPS wire on the AEM FIC when it's ignition hot only.

rmp21115 01-29-2010 08:40 AM

still doesent work...looks like im gonna be dropping another 300 for a new harness :/

crush02342002 01-29-2010 02:26 PM

where do you live?

ScionFred 01-30-2010 08:49 AM

Plug your laptop into the FIC with the ign off. Pull up the gauges and check the battery voltage. It should read zero. If it reads 12V +/-, you need to find another place to tap FIC ign-switched +12v power from.

crush02342002 01-30-2010 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by ScionFred (Post 3451045)
Plug your laptop into the FIC with the ign off. Pull up the gauges and check the battery voltage. It should read zero. If it reads 12V +/-, you need to find another place to tap FIC ign-switched +12v power from.

^^ this....sure beats trying to go through the wireing with a meter...lol