Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Buyers Guide: Scion tC Forced Induction

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by bone22
Originally Posted by aen
too much for the automatic tranny to handle, they put out about 280+ hp

and auto tranny only allows about 240-250
The shop that is working on my turbo setup (Ballistic Motorsports) is confident that 300whp will work fine with the Dezod S1 on my automatic transmission. That is why Dezod added the tranny cooler to their package. Also I am not driving a Scion TC. I am boosting a 2002 Camry which has the same engine but I believe a different tranny. One of the cars Ballistic Motorsports did is currently on the cover of this months Super Street magazine and was also featured in Import Tuner. It was the Red Dragon Turboed RSX but it is now painted pink. Those guys at that shop know what they are doing so I trust there word. I just wanted to know from the guys who made the kit(Joe and Paul) if I can get 300whp with 10psi or less.
300whp is possible with good tuning and supporting mods. The auto trans tend to eat power though on this motor. The transcooler helps tremendously with keep ATF temps down, but I do recommend considering switching to full synthetic trans fluid like Motul or something to be safe.
Hey Paul my unit is moving to Savannah, GA which is not far from Jacksonville, FL. Where exactly in FL are you? I ask because I would love to bring my car to you and have you tune it? How much would you charge? Remember the current setup is open dump with BOV set to open atmosphere. Do you sell a BOV recirc kit for the your S1 kit? If you do how much? Sorry for all the questions just need some answers.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Hey Paul my unit is moving to Savannah, GA which is not far from Jacksonville, FL. Where exactly in FL are you? I ask because I would love to bring my car to you and have you tune it? How much would you charge? Remember the current setup is open dump with BOV set to open atmosphere. Do you sell a BOV recirc kit for the your S1 kit? If you do how much? Sorry for all the questions just need some answers.
We are in NY. We haven't been in FL for over a year now.

Tuning is $50/hr on Piggybacks; flat rate $350. Standalones $100/hr; Flat Rate $850

The HKS SSQV can be recirc'd, but is not necessary. Simply adjust the Anti-Stall function. I have gotten to work on several e-manages with open BOVs.

If you insist on recirc'ing the BOV, you will need this kit:
http://www.dezod.com/pd_hks_ssqv_recirculation.cfm

You can plumb that back into the CV nipple on the intake for the turbo and run that line to a catch can OR to the atmosphere
Old 11-14-2008, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member

Tuning is $50/hr on Piggybacks; flat rate $350. Standalones $100/hr; Flat Rate $850

The HKS SSQV can be recirc'd, but is not necessary. Simply adjust the Anti-Stall function. I have gotten to work on several e-manages with open BOVs.

You can plumb that back into the CV nipple on the intake for the turbo and run that line to a catch can OR to the atmosphere
Wow!! Where at in NY because im here in NY right now. I am from Long Island and I am in the Army and stationed at Fort Drum which is upstate. About 45 minutes from Syracuse. I would make the drive anywhere in NY to have you tune my baby to perfection. That HKS SSQV Recirc fitting looks really nice. Its funny because it looks just like the one that Synapses has on there BOV.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Wow!! Where at in NY because im here in NY right now. I am from Long Island and I am in the Army and stationed at Fort Drum which is upstate. About 45 minutes from Syracuse. I would make the drive anywhere in NY to have you tune my baby to perfection. That HKS SSQV Recirc fitting looks really nice. Its funny because it looks just like the one that Synapses has on there BOV.
We are in Buffalo NY, which is about 3 hours from Cuse.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:37 PM

Do you know which one would be the best and/or best value
Old 12-29-2008, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

hi guys!
i was thinking of getting dezod S1 kit for my 08 auto tc...and i know that stock auto tranny tc can't take more than 250 whp. So i was wondering if i get my car tuned right between 230-240 whp...what would be the life of my tranny...(would it last till the life of the car) ?

thanks

jj
Old 12-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by jsingh
hi guys!
i was thinking of getting dezod S1 kit for my 08 auto tc...and i know that stock auto tranny tc can't take more than 250 whp. So i was wondering if i get my car tuned right between 230-240 whp...what would be the life of my tranny...(would it last till the life of the car) ?

thanks

jj
This will depend on how you drive the car. If your beating to hell, don't expect it to last long.....
Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

so what my plans are put the turbo in and after like 1 yr and half..have IPT build the transmission for my tc.

and what if i drive normally and sometime per day drive at WOT...would i last till 1 and half yrs?

thanks

jj
Old 03-27-2009, 06:37 PM

I just purchased the TRD s/c for my 05 tc and I was wondering if anyone knew any quick mods that are compatible with the s/c. I am already planning on purchasing the NST pulley to up the boost, are there any types of CAI that will fit, is a new header possible? I am fairly certain there are posts in here regarding this sort of thing but the search tool on this forum is giving me issues, i apologize in advance.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much for the sound performance for an 09 M/T with the ball bearing upgrade.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how many people are using the greddy kit?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If anyone has any questions about our DESCENDANT Turbo kits please feel free to contact us! We offer a wide variety of options for turbocharging your Scion. Check out our website to track our Chris Rado's racing progess & updated product releases!

www.WORLD-Racing.com

www.DESCENDANT-Racing.com

www.WORLD-Motorsports.com

Name:  turbo_layout.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  70.6 KB
Name:  scan2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  30.2 KB
Old 06-26-2009, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

What do you guys think about Megan Racing Manifold? I know they have a fitment issue w/ mating up w/ the downpipe but wat about the mani itself?
Old 06-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rob_DESCENDANT
If anyone has any questions about our DESCENDANT Turbo kits please feel free to contact us! We offer a wide variety of options for turbocharging your Scion. Check out our website to track our Chris Rado's racing progess & updated product releases!

www.WORLD-Racing.com

www.DESCENDANT-Racing.com

www.WORLD-Motorsports.com

How much boost on that dyno?
Old 06-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That chart was done on a 2007 Scion tC with the DESCENDANT Turbo Kit and a 3" exhaust @ 11-12psi
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats low numbers for the boost with the el mani and all
Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

the numbers looks fine, the dyno graph looks rough lol.. what turbo again?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
thats low numbers for the boost with the el mani and all
this dyno chart is from our Stock 2008 xB test mule. Only has turbo kit installed & 3" exhaust. No Intake Manifold
Old 06-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
what turbo again?
Bulls Eye Power

http://www.bullseyepower.com/
Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member