Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   Can Someone help with e-Manage Ultimate drivers and Vista? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/can-someone-help-e-manage-ultimate-drivers-vista-145473/)

tCyoung1 08-29-2008 05:52 AM

Can Someone help with e-Manage Ultimate drivers and Vista?

Has anybody been able to get their Ultimate drivers to install on their PC with Vista? i tried it many times but was unsuccessful. At first I thought it was the version of the Ultimate but it wasn't because it still did not work even after I updated the Ultimate to 2.20 on a friends computer.

Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

CDogbert 08-29-2008 06:59 AM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Vista just didn't like the drivers.

tCyoung1 08-29-2008 07:50 AM

i'm also thinking that there are not compatible. also since the new update doesn't want to work either

CDogbert 08-29-2008 08:00 AM

Vista is very, very, very finicky with drivers that aren't specifically made for it. It's one of, if not the main reason, that Vista is taking so long to really be accepted in the marketplace; nobody's stuff works with it and they don't want to buy the new "Vista" versions.

I would contact GReddy and see if they have Vista drivers; don't hold your breath, though.

B_Real45 08-29-2008 01:29 PM

Yeah.. I have Vista.. I have it installed currently on my laptop but I've been way too lazy to get XP on there. :(

DToX69 08-29-2008 02:35 PM

you can force drivers to install with vista if you reboot your pc and press F8 while its booting then you click disable driver enforcement something like that :/

tCyoung1 08-29-2008 03:16 PM

^^^^ i'll try that. I have already contacted greddy and the tech told me to update the software on the emanage and then try but that was unsuccessful. i'm so fed up right now

Ace83 08-29-2008 07:20 PM

dammit vista! haha why are they making new stuff that makes old stuff incompatible.. not only for the ultimate but other management too! too bad microsoft wont get my money for their expensive laptops because of the incompatible stuff they are making

tCyoung1 08-29-2008 08:40 PM

yeah tell me about it. I called greddy today and they said that trust japan is working on an update that will be vista compatible but it won't be available for a few months. so i'm basically screwed right now.

DToX69 08-30-2008 03:56 AM

tCyoung so the disable driver enforcement didnt work?

errr now that i think about it that driver enforcement might only be for vista 64bit :/ if your on 32bit (x86) then you might not have that option

tCyoung1 08-30-2008 05:02 AM

yeah i looked for it and couldn't find that.

toyota_scion_tc 08-30-2008 06:32 AM

I had it on my Vista computer before. Before you install it got to my computer, go to cd rom, right click and go to explore, Look for the setup file, right click on setup file and go to run in compatibility mode for windows XP SP2. Make sure in your control panel you disable the windows protection or whatever its called I don't remember I put XP on the computer because I hated Vista.

DToX69 08-30-2008 06:36 AM

you mean disable the UAC :)

toyota_scion_tc 08-30-2008 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by DToX69
you mean disable the UAC :)

Yes.

tCyoung1 08-30-2008 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
I had it on my Vista computer before. Before you install it got to my computer, go to cd rom, right click and go to explore, Look for the setup file, right click on setup file and go to run in compatibility mode for windows XP SP2. Make sure in your control panel you disable the windows protection or whatever its called I don't remember I put XP on the computer because I hated Vista.

i tried that already but was unsuccesful

Mecanica_Pito 08-30-2008 04:08 PM

Re: Can someone help with emanage ultimate drivers and Vista

Originally Posted by tCyoung1
has anybody been able to get their Ultimate drivers to install on their PC with Vista? i tried it many times but was unsuccessful. At first i thought it was the version of the ultimate but it wasn't because it still did not work even after i updated the ultimate to 2.20 on a friends computer. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks in adavnce.

The wonders of Vista!!!!! :lalala:
I installed the application on my Acer Laptop a year ago and didn't had any problems. It works fine for me and I have used it a lot. I have version 2.13 if that makes a difference.

Pito

toyota_scion_tc 08-30-2008 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc

i tried that already but was unsuccesful

Sorry that was the only advice I can give, I don't remember having any issues with Vista and Greddy software.

tCyoung1 08-30-2008 04:14 PM

^^ thanks anyways for the help. It is basically a hit or miss with different people.

tCyoung1 08-30-2008 04:25 PM

Re: Can someone help with emanage ultimate drivers and Vista

Originally Posted by Mecanica_Pito

has anybody been able to get their Ultimate drivers to install on their PC with Vista? i tried it many times but was unsuccessful. At first i thought it was the version of the ultimate but it wasn't because it still did not work even after i updated the ultimate to 2.20 on a friends computer. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks in adavnce.

The wonders of Vista!!!!! :lalala:
I installed the application on my Acer Laptop a year ago and didn't had any problems. It works fine for me and I have used it a lot. I have version 2.13 if that makes a difference.

Pito

you have a pm

aen 08-30-2008 05:49 PM

it hsouldn't be hit or miss, software is a set code.