Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Coming soon: Boost!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. Mine had the resistor mod, but I had undid it before as I was having other issues. After a long saga, it turned out the fic I was given was defective, but managed to get it fixed for free through AEM. Now I know I'm running without the mod, and was suspecting what you just said as well. When I have a chance, I plan to reinstall them. Also going to recirculate the bov through the pcv port. That should help part throttle, etc. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I did the resistor mod last night, and it seems my idle might actually be better. I only tried for one day, so more testing is needed. I'll keep an eye on it, but it was rock solid steady today, just like stock.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So it's been 3 days and the idle is great now. It's so weird. I never heard that the the crank/cam issue with the fic affected idle, and here are two of us that had that problem. Anyways, I'm so glad that's resolved. Next I need to recirculate the bov and hope that fixes my part throttle rich afrs. Hopefully I'll be good to go!
Old 02-03-2016, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbsciontc
So it's been 3 days and the idle is great now. It's so weird. I never heard that the the crank/cam issue with the fic affected idle, and here are two of us that had that problem. Anyways, I'm so glad that's resolved. Next I need to recirculate the bov and hope that fixes my part throttle rich afrs. Hopefully I'll be good to go!
Hey!!! That's great to hear!
Interested in the part throttle rich AFRs your having. Do you have the MAF sensor placed pre-turbo or on the charge pipe? My Dezod setup is with their V2 intercooler piping which places the MAF on the charge pipe.

Last edited by KiKaZ-tC; 02-03-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the original design with the MAF on the turbo intake pipe. I considered upgrading to the newer pipes, but I somewhat like the fact that the MAF cannot be contaminated with oil from failing turbo seals or blow-by through the PCV. So instead, I'm going to run a 1" silicone discharge hose out of the BOV, tee it with the PCV hose on the valve cover and join them into the PCV port on the intake pipe using a 1" to 3/4" silicone reducer. I'm hoping the diameter of this port will be sufficient to vent the BOV, but only time will tell. At one point, I believe Dezod mentioned that this port can be used for recirculation.

Last edited by bbsciontc; 09-30-2016 at 02:03 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear its running better. I would get the V2 piping and an oil catch can. I am actually having a pretty bad over boost from the Gen 1 Ptuning manifold so idk what im going to do about that. Spring is around the corner and im starting to ramp up my plans. How significant was the light flywheel and LSD? There is a wrecked Tc over here I want to ****** some parts off of for race car mode
Old 02-07-2016, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I tried recirculating the bov, but the PCV port on the intake pipe just can't flow enough and I was getting compressor surge. I switched out to an HKS SSQV and it seems to not leak at part throttle. I'll probably keep my Synapse bov to recirculate in the future, as it's definitely a superior valve, just not ideal for pull through MAF when vented to atmosphere.

Regarding the LSD and flywheel, I'd say that I barely notice a difference with the flywheel. Feels very similar to stock. On the other hand, the LSD was great, even before I had installed the turbo. I lose traction when hitting boost in second but it still pulls instead of just blazing one tire. Mind you this is with taller e351 gears. I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with an open diff and short e350 ratios.

Last edited by bbsciontc; 09-30-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its pretty bad on the street. Blow away first and second gear lol. I want to keep the e350 because I drag race. With slicks and a 4500 rpm launch with the two step I am hitting around 1.8 60' times. Just wanted to see if its worth the time and effort.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I've been sorting out some issues with my wastegate, but finally have the car running well. I'm currently at 9 psi and plan to keep it right there. The car pulls strong, and with the LSD and taller gearing, I can pretty much go full throttle in 2nd gear with minimal wheelspin. It pulls really hard in second. I'm positive this would never happen without the Quaife, at least on street tires.

I just need to fix a few stupid things, and I think I'm done with this car. It's my daily so I gotta keep it simple(ish), lol. Time to work on the Z!
Old 09-19-2016, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbsciontc
Time to work on the Z!
BOOST IT! BOOST IT!
Old 09-29-2016, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ha! Trying to buy a house first, then we'll see what happens!