Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Will simply the TRD seventh be sufficient to NOT blow my motor up????

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 02:45 PM
Banned

Default Will simply the TRD seventh be sufficient to NOT blow my motor up????

Thus, I've done the inquiry, just as perused speedys 18 page Supercharger string, and now I realize the manufacturing plant fuel framework can't stay aware of the Supercharger, and assurance long motor life. I just arranged up a second era S/C with the TRD seventh injector. I see numerous a post saying individuals are getting a wide range of additional fuel regulators and a wide range of gadgets, adding wide band O2 sensors, water infusion, and different mods to go with their S/C. Will simply the TRD seventh be sufficient to NOT blow my motor up???? A truly bolt on application??

I'm not hoping to press out the most HP acquires I can (yet), and I additionally don't need to go through that sort of cash (yet) on a lot more minimal secret elements. I additionally don't need to need to stress over the stock ECU attempting to fix any tuning that I was attempting to achieve by utilizing every one of the regulators and so forth. I understand that the TRD seventh is un-tuneable, and I like that thought (until further notice), particularly in the event that it implies I wont explode my motor.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-08-2021 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Moved to it's own thread
Old 05-07-2021, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Followed absolutely none of that...what???
Old 05-07-2021, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Alsdaol
Will simply the TRD seventh be sufficient to NOT blow my motor up???? A truly bolt on application??
NO! NOT sufficient and NOT bolt-on application!!!

1. Since SC is tied to engine-speed, extra air-volume pumped by SC is also tied to engine-speed.

2. Which means at mid-range RPMs, extra air-flow is X-volume and at redline-RPM, extra flow is much greater Y-volume.

3. The 7th injector has to deliver small amount of extra petrol in mid-range and lots more extra petrol at redline to match extra air.

4. How will that be accomplished?

Best bet before ANY upgrade is to install wideband O2. Then you can gather data on AFR on stock engine first. Then you can monitor upgrades and their effects so you can tune accordingly. Otherwise without knowing anything about actual AFR, it's extremely easy to blow up engine with any amount of boost, even 1psi!

Last edited by DannoXYZ; 05-09-2021 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, DannoXYZ. That's rocket surgery stuff.