Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Custom Supercharger Shafts !

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We need more orders guys! I am extending the group buy until the end of April. If we don't have enough orders by then I will have to cancel the GB and refund everyone who has already paid. Unfortunately, we have a minimum we must meet with the machine shop or else its a no go.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Bump for GB
Old 04-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Dude Gompka, sorry im about a month late getting ya some cash but i just paid for my shaft in full. Long story short some @$$ clown decided he wanted to steal my identity and drain me of everything while im out here in Afghanistan. Thank God for good banks that are fast about getting me my credit and my money back lol cant wait to install the shaft hopefully we get the minimum!!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shiznami
Dude Gompka, sorry im about a month late getting ya some cash but i just paid for my shaft in full. Long story short some @$$ clown decided he wanted to steal my identity and drain me of everything while im out here in Afghanistan. Thank God for good banks that are fast about getting me my credit and my money back lol cant wait to install the shaft hopefully we get the minimum!!
Awesome! Thank you for your payment, guys we still need some orders to get things rolling. I am working on getting the minimum order a few pieces under what we are currently forced to order. It sucks that there are people who need these and they will be SOL if we can't get something going. Please let everyone know and help us get a few more orders.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-how many more orders?-
Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Might be able to get away with 3-4 more order.

Originally Posted by SoulXquisite
-how many more orders?-
Old 04-27-2012, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guys, sorry for the multiple posts, but I thought I would mention some important facts here.

I know that the shaft isn't cheap and not everyone has $500 to throw into the group buy, but I really think it’s a worthy investment if you love your Scion.

If you plan on keeping your Scion and your supercharger, you should get a spare shaft, even if you already purchased one from me last year or the year before that.

The facts here are that the s/c does go bad and more often than not the culprit is the shaft or bearings or a combination of the two. Some of you guys are lucky, but a lot of you aren't, proof is in the pudding, I have sold almost 60 of these so far. That’s more than I would have ever imagined.

This is most likely the last time I am doing the group buy, mainly because interest is dwindling and the market (Scionlife community) is saturated. Also, I no longer have the scion and I am making some big life steps soon (wife + house )

For those of you who think you can just go to a machine shop and get one of these made, to do it properly, the material needs to be CNC'd, hardened, taken to grinding, and then balanced. The CNCing, grinding, and balancing machines will have to be specifically setup for our shaft. You can't have a different shaft or a different part and throw in one of these and have the shop just adapt to it. The machines have to be reset and re-adjusted for the specific shaft. As you can imagine this is expensive, it takes time, and time is money.

We need just a few more orders to make a batch, I will probably get a few extra shafts made to keep in stock, but after that everyone will be on their own. I would hope my shafts will last a very long time, but I would also hate to be 2 or 3 years down the road, still enjoying the car, and having something go wrong and be sol.

It has been a pleasure being a member of the scion community and providing this service to you guys and gals. I have sold more of these than I would have every expected, it was a pleasure to work with everyone, to hear some of your stories and to have the support of the community. Unfortunately, I have less and less time for side projects and have been coming on here less often. The good news is that even after this last group buy is over and the shafts are out of stock, the website will stay up for the foreseeable future, so that the information is there, and I will gladly answer anyone's questions if you shoot me an email.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aww man I was hoping you would do one more group buy in a couple of months lol damn :-/ I'm going to try and get this ASAP lol. how much longer is the group buy ??

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2012, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion86
Aww man I was hoping you would do one more group buy in a couple of months lol damn :-/ I'm going to try and get this ASAP lol. how much longer is the group buy ??

Group buy is going on until we get enough orders for a batch. We are still a few orders short. You still have some time, but the sooner we get this batch going the better, some people who have already paid have been waiting a while now.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sent my deposit.

Should be on the home stretch guys. Get those orders in.

And PM'd you.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great momentum in the last few days guys! We are almost at our goal we only need 3 more orders to make it happen. Thanks everyone!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Bump. Get those orders in so we can our s/c working smoothly
Old 05-08-2012, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dilirious
Bump. Get those orders in so we can our s/c working smoothly
Just a few more orders guys, lets make it happen. I'm sure many of you like your s/c's and plan on keeping them for a while. Get a spare while these are still available.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Down to 2 more orders until we get a batch going. Lets try to get this going before summer kicks in so that you can all enjoy your s/c's!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:41 PM
SL Member

I just sent in my deposit

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rbd0fz
Old 05-17-2012, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well this sucks. i was hoping to get a used supercharger down the road and do the rebuild kits for them but looks like i wont be doing that anymore.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One more order to go! Great job guys! The group buy price will be extended to memorial day. I will have spare shafts after the group buy is over, but price will be $525. I really appreciate everyone who payed earlier and had the patience to part with their money for so long without having something to show for it!

P.s.

If you want to send me your whole shaft housing. For $100 i will take out old shaft, put in new shaft and also install a grease fitting and ship the whole thing back to you.

Last edited by gompka; 05-29-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One more order to go, have about a week left before the beginning of June. Lets make it happen and get things rolling!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

When the last order gets in how long does it take them to finish the shafts?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dilirious
When the last order gets in how long does it take them to finish the shafts?
It usually takes about a month to get everything completed.

Quick Reply: Custom Supercharger Shafts !