Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   D.I.Y 07+ tC Wiring in AEM F/IC (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/d-i-y-07-tc-wiring-aem-f-ic-151366/)

GReddy_tC 11-24-2008 07:01 AM

D.I.Y 07+ tC Wiring in AEM F/IC

I have finally after 6 months of people asking me thru pm's on how to wire in the F/IC on a 07 up tC I have done the write up so I dont have to always take a long time to explain it. Here we go..

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e...c07diagram.jpg

Im going to tell you how to hardwire in the AEM F/IC unit to a 07+ tC ecu wiring harness. Install time 3+hours. I'll start off by telling you which wires on the F/IC universal harness you will use/color of the wire.

Picture of FIC Pinout
https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e...er/FICpins.jpg

FIC 22 Pin Connector
Injector 1 In/ Dark Blue / Pin #1
Power Ground / Black / Pin #4
Signal Ground / Black / Pin #5
TPS / White / Pin # 6
Crank MAGI - / Green / Pin #8
Injector 2 In / Dark Blue / Pin #12
Power Ground / Black / Pin #15
Ignition Power / Red / Pin #16
Crank MAGI + / Green / Pin #19
Crank MAGO + / Green / Pin #21
Cam1 MAGO + / Yellow / Pin #22

FIC 24 Pin Connector
CAM1 MAGI+ / Yellow / Pin #9
CAM 1 MAGI- / Yellow / Pin #10
Injector 3 In/ Dark Blue / Pin #12
O21 / Pink / Pin #13
MAF In + / Dark Blue / Pin #14
MAF Out + / Black / Pin #15
Injector 4 Out / Dark Blue / Pin #19
Injector 3 Out / Dark Blue / Pin #20
Injector 2 Out / Dark Blue / Pin #21
Injector 1 Out / Dark Blue / Pin #22
Injector 4 In / Dark Blue / Pin #24

Ok, now that we have the FIC harness wires selected, lets get to selecting the pins on the factory ECM to splice. There are 4 connectors for the 07up ECM, unlike the 05-06 ECM which has 5 connectors. This is why PnP harnesses aren't interchangeable between 05-06 and 07up. Here are the wires you need to find.

Picture or ECM pins
https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e...er/ECMpins.jpg

These are the wires you need to find on your ecu harness
Pin E8-26 Cam Pos Sensor +
Pin E8-27 Crank Pos Sensor +
Pin E7-5 Injector #2
Pin E8-34 Cam/Crank Sensor -
Pin E8-20 TPS
Pin E7-6 Injector #1
Pin E7-3 Injector #3
Pin E7-28 MAF
Pin E4-1 Power
Pin E7-1 Injector #4

Now, that we have every last wire figured out what we need on the FIC Universal Harness and also the 07up Scion tC wire harness this is where I say, "I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU SCREWING UP YOUR CARS EXPENSIVE WIRING HARNESS IF YOU NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND MESS UP"..!!!

Lets continue.

Now we have everything planned out and know where to find every single wire. So lets go ahead and pull out the glove box(you should know how to do this) and get to cutting your BRAND NEW/Slightly used cars very expensive wire harness(NOTE: NOW is the point to turn around and get a Plug N Play Harness, if your scared, theres no turning back after you start cutting wires)

Lets start with the FIC 22 Pin Connector Wires

-Locate Injector 1 wire(Pin E7-6) cut it in half completely as you will be connecting both Injector 1 IN and Injector 1 OUT to it. Grab Injector 1 IN wire and connect it to the wire that is still connected to the plastic connector going in to the ECM and connect Injector 1 OUT on the other end of the cut wire.(repeat this Process for Injector 2-4 same exact way). Injector #2 is (E7-5), Injector #3 is (E7-2), Injector #4 is (E7-1).

-Locate TPS wire (E8-20) and then splice the FIC TPS wire into each other.

-Locate the Cam/Crank - wire (E8-34) you will splice two wires into this wire 1st is the Crank MAGI- (make sure this is the closet to the ECM connector), then you will splice the Cam MAGI- a inch or so away from the other splice you just made in the same wire.

-Log In Wire on FIC Harness. I believe this is for datalogging if you run the AEM UEGO. This wire is not necessary to connect to anything(IMO). Anyone correct me if I'm wrong on this one. But my turbo tC ran perfectly fine like this.

- Locate the Crank Positioning Sensor + wire (E8-27) cut it in half connect the Crank MAGO+ to the end of the wire still connected to the ECM connector. Then connect the Crank MAGI+ to the end of the part of the Crank Pos Sensor wire on the car wiring harness.

-Locate the Cam Positioning Sensor + wire (E8-26) cut it in half connect the Cam MAGO+ to the end of the wire still connected to the ECM connector. Then connect the Cam MAGI+ to the end of the part of the Cam Pos Sensor wire on the car wiring harness.

-Locate the O2 sensor wire (E8-21) and splice it and the O21 wire from the FIC harness together.

-Locate the MAF wire (E7-28) cut it in half. Find the MAF OUT wire on the FIC harness connect it to the wire still on the ECU connector. Then find the MAF IN wire connect it to the other end of the cut MAF sensor wire on the factory ECU wiring harness that you cut in half.

-Locate the ECM Power wire (E4-1) and then splice the Ignition power wire from the FIC harness together.

-Power Ground, Signal Ground and the other Power Ground. I ground these all of to the chassis.

Now we are done installing your FIC to you 07up. Mount your FIC where you like(I used half inch self tapping screws and screwed mine into the glove box). Now get your basemap onto the FIC if you havent put it on there already. Close the glove box and start your car. And, get it tuned ASAP..

If you copy and paste this on a different forum or another part of this Scionlife.com forum please give credit where credit is due. I didnt spend 4.5hour writing this down on paper first and getting it perfect and then typing it all out here for nothing.. Hope I helped you out. I wish someone had done this back when I was searching on how to hook it up on my tC.

Dakine 11-24-2008 08:39 PM

someone post that emoticon...

"This thread is pointless without pics"

But thanks for the diy! :bow:

GReddy_tC 11-24-2008 08:42 PM

Im getting the pics up now. I dont have pics of the install precess. But I have a custom made diagram from AEM and Dezod pages.

Dakine 11-24-2008 08:43 PM

sweet!

GReddy_tC 11-24-2008 10:10 PM

The wire diagram is soo small on here. Just save the picture to your computer them zoom and print. Thats the best I could do guys..

chicotunner07 11-25-2008 04:39 PM

so this is meant to save 300 bucks on the PNP adapter right!

awesome!!

GReddy_tC 11-25-2008 07:58 PM

Yes it is.. You just hard wire it in your factory wiring harness..

gompka 11-25-2008 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
Yes it is.. You just hard wire it in your factory wiring harness..

I think this is a great idea, i was going to go with pnp harness just incase i needed to take it off later, but after i got so ____ed about my warranty I said F that I will spend that 300 on injectors lol. You can get better pics of the wiring at the aem forums.

bump!

GReddy_tC 11-26-2008 12:47 AM

No You cant. There is no other disgram out there for the 07s... I made that.. So its one of a kind.. I will work with it and try and make it bigger..

gompka 11-26-2008 12:50 AM

No You cant. There is no other disgram out there for the 07s... I made that.. So its one of a kind.. I will work with it and try and make it bigger..

whoops guess i was looking at the 06, hell of a job can't even tell the difference between yours and the original.

GReddy_tC 11-26-2008 01:08 AM

Yea. Lol took me 4 hours to think of how to word the write up. Put it all on paper then typed it out..

highvoltage1 11-26-2008 01:10 AM

Now we need one for the Emanage Ultimate. Or is there one. Cause I want dual maps. Or is it fine to tune for higher boost and then turn down the boost?

GReddy_tC 11-26-2008 01:13 AM

According to travis it messes up your fuel economy. But, what does everyone do anyways tune for a higher boost and turn the boost down most f the time. So thats what I do and thats what I will continue to do..

HEYitzMEEE 11-26-2008 01:25 AM

I'm all down for saving money woo. A solder job in an easily accessible place, im down!

GReddy_tC 11-26-2008 01:30 AM

Yes its not that hard. Im still trying to decide if Im going to do a plug n play on my new tC. Its a lil less hassle but saves money to wire it in.

highvoltage1 11-26-2008 01:32 AM

According to travis it messes up your fuel economy. But, what does everyone do anyways tune for a higher boost and turn the boost down most f the time. So thats what I do and thats what I will continue to do..

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I guess i could go that route then. Apparently the FIC is really good. I will prolly only boost 4-5 daily and wotn race it so I prolly wont really ahve a need for the ultimate. But I am sure a 3-4 psi tune higher wont hurt mpg that much if i stay outta boost.

GReddy_tC 11-26-2008 01:37 AM

To me they are both equal. Just the FIC has maf spoof, 02 spoof to prevent check engine lights. And also the fic can tune your partial throttle tune perfectly. Which I don believe the E-Manage cannot. But, the ultimate can remove speed limit and rev limit. But I could care less about that. But, also for any E-Manage nutt huggers this is a FIC thread.. lol we need no Bashing of either system in here. Lets keep this strictly IC

highvoltage1 11-26-2008 01:39 AM

Really thanks for the info. I am likeing the FIC alot more now. I will go this route. Plus it can be had a lil cheaper too. The npartial throttle thing on the FIC allows you to not have the Dezod black box right? If so I guess that why the got rid of it.

GReddy_tC 11-26-2008 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Really thanks for the info. I am likeing the FIC alot more now. I will go this route. Plus it can be had a lil cheaper too. The npartial throttle thing on the FIC allows you to not have the Dezod black box right? If so I guess that why the got rid of it.

Yes it can do what the dezod black box used to do..

highvoltage1 11-26-2008 01:53 AM

Changed the avatar huh? Is that your new ride? And thanks for the info.