Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

//Dezod Motorsports// Alpha Series Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default //Dezod Motorsports// Alpha Series Updates

Well, this system was released back several years ago and since has undergone some testing, small revisions and revamping based upon customer feedback. So we felt it's time for a re-introduction of said product.

What is the Alpha Series?
The Alpha Series components are the finest tuner parts available for your higher HP 2AZ needs. The setup has been proven several times over to perform exceptionally well over 550+whp on various configurations and dynos.

Tell me more?
The Alpha Series DIY setup allows for you to customize your own kit with you being the builder of your own intercooler pipes, intercooler selection, BOV selection, EMS or whatever you want! We of course are here for help and consultation, but the Alpha Series is for the advanced tuner looking for BIG Power (400+whp) and needs the proper components to make it happen and also the hardest of any build: the manifold, turbo and downpipe. No that we have provided these parts, the rest of the kit is 100% customizable and up to you! The rest goes together how YOU want it. We are not going to corner you into anything you do not NEED or WANT.

Some dyno charts to wet your pallet...

A little more about the Alpha and it's construction
This tubular equal length manifold offers exceptional balance of performance and quick turbocharger spool making it an excellent item.

· A/C compatible

· Thick walled stainless steel construction

· CNC machined ½” thick mild steel head flange to help prevent warping

· Professionally TIG welded while using 100% pure Argon for backpurge for maximum unpolluted penetration in all areas.

· 4-1 low angle merge collector allows for less turbulence while entering the turbine housing at even pulses and high volumes.

· 44mm TiAL wastegate flanged

· V-band turbine inlet flanged

· Port-matched design

This manifold is also protected by a limited lifetime warranty against cracking to the original purchaser.

Now show me some custom Alphas.

Not to mention, this kit is also home to the FIRST privately owned 10.8 second quarter mile that's non-shop or pro-race team affiliated.

So I hope that we have answered all of your questions.

For more info on the manifold:
http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...d-tc-05-10.cfm

On the DIY kit:
http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...m-tc-05-10.cfm
Old 01-22-2014, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely proven to be a very high quality and power kit! I recommend Dezod turbo kits & parts to my crew here in Chicago and everyone that has done business with Dezod has been more than impressed with the performance and excellent customer service they provide!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by BadDudeTC3
Definitely proven to be a very high quality and power kit! I recommend Dezod turbo kits & parts to my crew here in Chicago and everyone that has done business with Dezod has been more than impressed with the performance and excellent customer service they provide!
Thanks for the kind words man!!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man... only if we could use a car like that everyday here in NY!!! im assuming just using the header wouldn't bolt up to the S1 kit would it?

Are there benefits / downfalls from using equal length headers vs. uneven length manifolds, regardless of power out put?? I.E.-- upgrade the S1 kit with an EL header... would it save wear and tear? temps? flow?

Sorry for the multi-faceted question... just curious! Thanks Paul!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21
Man... only if we could use a car like that everyday here in NY!!! im assuming just using the header wouldn't bolt up to the S1 kit would it?

Are there benefits / downfalls from using equal length headers vs. uneven length manifolds, regardless of power out put?? I.E.-- upgrade the S1 kit with an EL header... would it save wear and tear? temps? flow?

Sorry for the multi-faceted question... just curious! Thanks Paul!
The Alpha header would not bolt into the S1 place. Due to it's different turbo location, it will require a different DP which we sell separately as well.

The S1 can be adapted to the Alpha. You would need the Alpha manifold, turbo, oil lines, water lines and downpipe. The IC pipes can be adapted as well. It's one simple cut on the hot side pipe connecting to the turbo and you're done.

The whole EL vs UEL runners thing is stale. I won't divulge into that too much for a few specific reasons. One: NOBODY in this industry is true EL. True EL by F1 standards whom created the notion, specified within a 1/10" variance between all runners lengths. That's true EL. If you are off by more than that, it's not even true EL and it's all fluff. So every manifold I have ever seen in this industry is always UEL. There are no exceptions I have encountered in the past 18 years (consumer and professional).

Secondly, the Alpha is SUPER efficient and design to really shine about 13-14 PSI or more. Running boost below that, it's a lot of runner to pressurize and volume to fill and I would expect S1 power or even a little less because of that. However, beyond that boost level, watch the Alpha light up! She really shines at 20-25 PSI. I would love to see it at 30-35 PSI truthfully.

The tubular configuration with long runners is meant for high boost torque extraction merging into a long narrow angle merge which allows for less turbulence while entering the turbine housing at even pulses and high volumes. This exact recipe is what makes tubular manifolds shine. Being able to uniformly lay the exhaust pulses onto one another and streamline them into the turbine in fast, smooth, huge pulses is what causes great power, drive-ability and instant throttle response.

First Alpha we built with a GT30R and a 1.06 A/R was on a TC that I tuned making 344whp at 10 PSI and on the street, I datalogged on the EMS at the time, 20-25% throttle in third making 5-6 PSI of boost. The boost gauge would snap to 10 PSI when the throttle was wacked despite the monstrous 1.06 A/R turbine.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Instead of quoting lol

Wow. The knowledge you have is friggin insane!!! Had no idea it was that in-depth.
But, to the point... substituting certain parts (header) to a smaller kit will hinder the performance...

would the motor even be able to handle PSI's that high?? I mean obvious mass amounts of lower end work... but that is more the race track realm and out of DDing...

These kits are amazing just from whats on the pages... Ill donate my tC for the Alpha upgrade and we can push it to the 30 PSI range!! Whadda ya say?? LOL
Old 01-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

^^ Instead of quoting lol

Wow. The knowledge you have is friggin insane!!! Had no idea it was that in-depth.
But, to the point... substituting certain parts (header) to a smaller kit will hinder the performance...

would the motor even be able to handle PSI's that high?? I mean obvious mass amounts of lower end work... but that is more the race track realm and out of DDing...

These kits are amazing just from whats on the pages... Ill donate my tC for the Alpha upgrade and we can push it to the 30 PSI range!! Whadda ya say?? LOL
I will say my famous phrase. You are the controller of our own boosted destiny. You control whom installs it, you control whom tunes it, you control how well it's maintained, you put the gas in it and you drive it. Therefore, you are the controller of your own boosted destiny.

So with that being said, from experience, with Toyota's progressive knock logic and a piggyback's fuzzy control of it, I would venture say power levels of 325-350 on the stock block are danger zones.

My rules of thumb for the application are as follows:

300 and less - with good tuning ok on stock block and bolt on turbo
325-350 - danger zone for stock block
350+ - requires built bottom end, return fuel system and standalone ecu

This is the terribly abridged version.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
I will say my famous phrase. You are the controller of our own boosted destiny. You control whom installs it, you control whom tunes it, you control how well it's maintained, you put the gas in it and you drive it. Therefore, you are the controller of your own boosted destiny.

So with that being said, from experience, with Toyota's progressive knock logic and a piggyback's fuzzy control of it, I would venture say power levels of 325-350 on the stock block are danger zones.

Man you need to write a book!!

I will say i'm not too encouraged about the "danger zone"... that's exactly where I wanted to be. 300 bhp at minimum! and I was hoping to escape any major lower end modifications...
Old 01-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Man you need to write a book!!

I will say i'm not too encouraged about the "danger zone"... that's exactly where I wanted to be. 300 bhp at minimum! and I was hoping to escape any major lower end modifications...
All of my references are from the past 8 years of turboing Scions and are in wheel HP figures not crank rated BHP figures.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All of my references are from the past 8 years of turboing Scions and are in wheel HP figures not crank rated BHP figures.
My fault... brain lapse! Haha the experience shows!!! Guess I've got more homework to do to make sure I don't det the motor!!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:31 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

For sure! Homework is encouraged
Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Thanks for the firestorm of emails, calls and FB messages about our Alpha series products. We have currently put some stock up on these parts as we see demand peaking.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Shipped a few more of these recently to some folks, so expect to see some slickness coming soon from a few areas around the country.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been in that danger zone for 3 years now still on stock bottom end. But as Paul said I try to do everything on my end so that I'm able to do that. I got the car tuned by a good tuner use nothing but high quality fuel and change my oil every 2500 miles.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by MDTC713
I've been in that danger zone for 3 years now still on stock bottom end. But as Paul said I try to do everything on my end so that I'm able to do that. I got the car tuned by a good tuner use nothing but high quality fuel and change my oil every 2500 miles.
Yup. Point and case. All boils back to what I said.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Manifolds are now in stock and ready to ship! No lead time.

http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...d-tc-05-10.cfm