Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ecko04 - Bye-Bye tC - Trading in soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Default ecko04 - Bye-Bye tC - Trading in soon

I just purchased a Dezod S1 turbo kit, i'm looking forward to doing the install this weekend.

Pics will be loaded as the items come in and the install is underway.

If we can find a shop, a dyno sheet will be scanned and uploaded as well.

The kit was purchased used from svencarlson07 who ran it on his 07' tC (auto) @ 5 psi

I purchased all electronic AEM gauges from Dezod (of course)

The kit didn't have a dump tube so I bought the TiAL 38mm flange from Dezod so a pipe could be welded onto it to make the exhaust re-circulate back into the exhaust instead of dumping into my engine bay.

The kit didn't come with the oil pan gasket adapter, gasket, etc., so I purchased that from Dezod but I also just purchased the TRD Pre-tapped oil pan which will keep my oil pan stock, I don't have to worry about drilling and is a direct swap...FTW.

I wet sanded the turbo today and polished it. I painted the exhaust manifold with VHT Fire Proof (2000 degree) black paint...looks sexy now.

Got my Competition Clutch Stage 4 in, that install will be done tomorrow. I have the DME front strut bar which will be installed tomorrow, NST pulley's will also be installed tomorrow.

The turbo install is scheduled for next Saturday...and I can't wait. 5/30/09

Lots of pics will be coming tomorrow and even more as UPS starts to deliver the turbo parts from Dezod.[/img]

Update 5/30/09

I spent 2 days trying to get the stock clutch out to put in the Stage 4 Competition Clutch, each day I tried the 2 different install techniques. The 2nd would have worked if anyone in the Charlotte area would have sold an impact 32mm 12 point socket to get the dang spindle nut (axle nut) off the car.

Then my uncle passed away so I had to go to Atlanta but before I left Hamilton - Complication - from Lethal Injection Motorsports in Alpharetta, GA sent me a PM and after I told him I couldn't get that spindle nut off that the guys there would be glad to get it done. So I figured what they hay, might as well go check them out.

I met a couple of guys there and they are amazing. I dropped the car off on Tuesday, I attended the funeral on Wednesday, Dave from Lethal called me Thursday at noon saying it was ready to roll.

Not only did they install the clutch, which now I stalled once learning how to drive with that stiff thing, but the dyno'ed the car on a Mustang Dyno and Dave was kind enough to give approximate Dyno Jet numbers so without further adieu, I won't have a scanner to post the actual graph until I make it back to Auburn next week so you'll have to take my word for it or suffer the wrath of my first DSLR pics below

Current mod list:

Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
NST Pulley Set
Injen CAI
Strup 4-1 Header
Invidia S-pipe
DME front strut bar
TRD shocks and springs

ALL MOTOR
Mustang Dyno - 145hp/141tq
Dyno Jet ~ 180hp/175tq

Current mod list
w/ 75 wet shot of nitrous courtesy of Ny-trex and Stance Motorsports

Mustang Dyno - 200hp/222tq
Dyno Jet ~ 240hp/265tq

My first DSLR Canon REBEL XT pics

So now i'm back in Charlotte and I must say the combination of Dezod, TRD Sparks (supplied the S/C tapped oil pan in 2 days), Lethal Injection and Stance Motorsports have made things much easier.

I now have N/A and nitrous numbers so when the turbo is installed TOMORROW and I take it back to Lethal for the tune and another dyno on Monday @ 10psi, we'll have even more numbers and hopefully break the 300whp mark, which is my target, if I can even get within 20whp i'll be happy, I really don't want to exceed 300whp by much though.

I have 5osi, 8.7psi and 10.15 psi springs and naturally i'm going with the 10.15psi spring first

Some SL members were kind enough to provide me with some of their tunes so i'll be fine until I make it back to GA on Monday.

The shop I was going to use to install my turbo kit tomorrow, my contact has gone out of town this weekend, so now we're looking into doing it somewhere else but either way it will be done tomorrow.

As for today I need to take the wastegate flange exhaust manifold, downpipe and turbo to an exhaust shop and have them weld a pipe to the flange to the downpipe so that the wastegate does not dump into my engine bay but rather recirculate.

Update 6/1/09

Drove the car down to Lethal Injection for tuning, boost and vacuum leak check, dyno & oil cooler install. It made it from Charlotte to Atlanta with minimal problems, avoiding boost as much as possible thanks to the tune provided by CarbonXE.

Update 6/4/09

The tune was not successful. The car was only making 3.5lbs of boost. There are vacuum, boost and exhaust leaks. Furthermore, the car is throwing MAF, O2 and Crankshaft/Camshaft positioning CEL's. The leak test found exhaust leaks at the exhaust manifold and where the s-pipe meets the downpipe. The vacuum leak test found leaks at the throttle body and the entire passenger car side of the intercooler. Also the coupler on turbocharger itself was sliding off at 2lbs of boost. Lots of issues right there.

The fix to all these issues are to make new IC piping out of aluminum instead of mild steel. The reason why is so that the IC piping will dissipate heat much faster, also the fact that the Dezod IC piping is coated would mean sanding the original coating off using a grinder, welding beads on the piping to hold the couplers in place and re-coating the piping. That would take as much time as just making new piping so +1 for new aluminum piping. Next, the boomslang AEM FIC resistor mod should take care of the crankshaft/camshaft CEL's. The O2 and MAF CEL's, well wtf, I really don't know. We're going to go with a blow-thru MAF setup and see if that can resolve those but just in case I have a new O2 and MAF on the way. The exhaust leaks can be fixe by tightening the supplied nuts to seal against their respective gaskets better.

I'm headed out of town on 6/8 and will return on 6/11 and they should have it all done and tuned up by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Update 6/10/2009

Well new dyno numbers are in

Mustang Dyno 240whp/241tq
Dynojet 275whp/275tq

If anyone has been following my build, besides me, I have all new aluminum piping for the Dezod S1 turbo kit. Also, the IC piping was modified some to accommodate the VRD fogs a little better. The new piping has beads on the piping to keep the couplers from slipping off under pressure. The BOV is now after the MAF and the MAF is now relocated as blow-thru MAF setup.

I was told the car idles well and everything is great.

There is a 8.7 PSI spring in the wastegate and makes a little over 7.5 lbs of boost before the wastegate opens. A boost controller has not been added but will be soon to make the full ~9lbs of boost.

I'm currently in D.C. but when I make it back to Atlanta tomorrow i'll be picking up the car and I can scan in the N/A dyno sheet (Injen intake, Strup header, Magnaflow 2.5in catback exhaust, NST pulley set, Invidia s-pipe), 75 shot of nitrous dyno (Ny-trex Triple Threat), as well as the turbo setup (Dezod S1) dyno sheet.

Up next are rear sway bar and polyurethane motor mounts.

The only dyno that matters and a tune that works PTUNING FTMFW

Last edited by ecko04; 04-10-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

If your willing to Do a little traveling, you can come to our shop. We have an inhouse Mustang Dyno.

Lethal Injection Motorsports
We are located @:

205 Tidwell Dr
Alpharetta, GA 30004

Our tuner would have no problem getting you a proper tune.
I will PM you my personal number. If you are interested feel free to give me a call and we can work something out.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Complication any updates on your ride? I remember seeing it base tuned!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Anyone have a tC 07+ AEM FI/C base map?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I'll see if I can give you a ring tomorrow... It's been kind of busy.

(if for some reason you don't hear from me, then call the number I gave you)
Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

I plan on coming through to see you guys on Friday!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default Re: 07 tC Dezod S1 Turbo Install...help finding local tuner

Originally Posted by ecko04
I just purchased a Dezod S1 turbo kit, i'm looking forward to doing the install this weekend.

Now I need a little help finding a local tuner.

The kit comes with the AEM FI/C but I have a Greedy e-Manage Ultimate with Dezod PNP harness.

We could street tune it but we prefer not to. We would like to take it to a shop to get tuned and the only one we have heard of CPRacing, Carolina Performance Racing, seems to have gone out of business. The 2 numbers we had for them are disconnected and their website is now nonexistent.

It would be good to state that we are in Charlotte, NC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also listing this in the local section.

Pics will be loaded as the items come in and the install is underway.

If we can find a shop, a dyno sheet will be scanned and loaded as well.
The FIC map gets emailed to you if you purchased the kit from us!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
I purchased it from a SL member that purchased it from you guys but his map will do me no good since his was an 07 auto and mine is a 07 manual.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Complication
I'll see if I can give you a ring tomorrow... It's been kind of busy.

(if for some reason you don't hear from me, then call the number I gave you)
Awesome, thanks!
Old 05-23-2009, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Updated...slightly
Old 05-23-2009, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

nice...watching...
Old 05-24-2009, 03:14 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

SWEET!!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice job im thinking of painting my housing but im a little iffy bc i have the vented hood so idk if it will end up chipping or anything
Old 05-29-2009, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

UPDATED
Old 05-29-2009, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

How's the tune I sent you doing?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
How's the tune I sent you doing?
Not sure, i'll find out tomorrow but its already loaded on the FIC and ready to go.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: 07 tC Dezod S1 Turbo Install...(in progress) UPDATE - 5/

Originally Posted by ecko04
Not only did they install the clutch, which now I stalled once learning how to drive with that stiff thing, but the dyno'ed the car on a Mustang Dyno Dynamics and Dave was kind enough to give approximate Dyno Jet numbers so without further adieu, I won't have a scanner to post the actual graph until I make it back to Auburn next week so you'll have to take my word for it or suffer the wrath of my first DSLR pics below

Just an FYI:

Mustang, DynoJet, and DynoDynamics are three different dynamometer manufacturers. Mustang does not make DynoDynamics.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Default Re: 07 tC Dezod S1 Turbo Install...(in progress) UPDATE - 5/

Originally Posted by imsono___un
Just an FYI:

Mustang, DynoJet, and DynoDynamics are three different dynamometer manufacturers. Mustang does not make DynoDynamics.
I really know nothing about them. On the print out it says Mustang Dyno.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
I never got a map when I bought my kit back in Feb '08.........
Old 05-31-2009, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I really could use a map right now. I just installed mine and its pretty funky, I don't feel comfortable driving it until I get some type of map on the FIC.

Quick Reply: ecko04 - Bye-Bye tC - Trading in soon