Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Engine builders PLEASE ENTER HERE! Oil pressure system-2AZ-FE

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
Originally Posted by ScionGT35R
By the way!!!

Does anyone have a crank for sale???

We need one ASAP!!!
Did you price out how much a new one would run from the dealership? I'm curious to know.

MrC
Nope!!!

Too much I guess!!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:10 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by huafist
One more thing, the 2nd gen motor has a plastic sleeve surrounding the 4 cylinder bores. It looks almost like toyota was either trying to limit the amount of coolant flowing through the outside of the bore or they were trying to isolate the heat from the cylinder bore against the surrounding block. And ideas what this thing is called.

MrC
Is it like what Honda calls a "block guard"?
No, a block guard for a honda block (B, F, K series motor) is basically a machined girdle that turns the top of the cylinder block from an open-deck to a closed-deck. The piece i'm talking about is a molded plastic piece that that drops right into the coolant cavity in the block--it serves no purpose in regards to strengthening the deck.

The only thing I can think of for adding this insert is to reduce the amount of coolant flow to the cylinder bore so more coolant can flow to the head, or used as some sort of heat insulator.

MrC
I'm aware of what a block guard is ;) I just wasn't clear on what you were speaking of. That is interesting though. I would assume it'd be a heat insulator, because one would think if they wanted to change the coolant flow characteristics they would have simply redesigned the block. I'd like to see a picture of one of these things.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm aware of what a block guard is ;) I just wasn't clear on what you were speaking of. That is interesting though. I would assume it'd be a heat insulator, because one would think if they wanted to change the coolant flow characteristics they would have simply redesigned the block. I'd like to see a picture of one of these things.
It looks like a cheap plastic block guard that just lays in there around the block sleeves. It is not pressed in place just laid in!
If Ptuning doesn't post a photo of it I will do so tomorrow as I am at work now!

Pito
Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mecanica_Pito
It looks like a cheap plastic block guard that just lays in there around the block sleeves. It is not pressed in place just laid in!
If Ptuning doesn't post a photo of it I will do so tomorrow as I am at work now!

Pito
Fill free to post of the pics if you have the time since I won't be able to get to it today.

MrC

Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
SL Member

Ok the piece that you see just dropped in the block is called a "Cylinder Block Water Spacer Jacket," it is pretty much in place to flow coolant more towards the head.

Yeah the Gen 2 blocks are a nice start to a tougher engine for these cars. The oil squirters real help out in Boost applications. I have heard rumors that they might possibly be putting a 2.7L in the upcoming tC. Mind you these are all just rumors so don't hold your breath.

Pito, I will check here at the shop or at my house to see if I have a crank setting around for you and let you know bro. But so you know the cost of one from here is even with the good buddy discount would run $550.92 and that doesn't even include shipping.

Ptuning or anyone else on here if you all need anything direct from the dealer me that is, please feel free to call anytime and I will be more than happy to help. My direct work line is 1-417-655-9219 or you may contact me on my cell at 1-417-234-1188.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by noskatana94
Ok the piece that you see just dropped in the block is called a "Cylinder Block Water Spacer Jacket," it is pretty much in place to flow coolant more towards the head.

Yeah the Gen 2 blocks are a nice start to a tougher engine for these cars. The oil squirters real help out in Boost applications. I have heard rumors that they might possibly be putting a 2.7L in the upcoming tC. Mind you these are all just rumors so don't hold your breath.

Pito, I will check here at the shop or at my house to see if I have a crank setting around for you and let you know bro. But so you know the cost of one from here is even with the good buddy discount would run $550.92 and that doesn't even include shipping.

Ptuning or anyone else on here if you all need anything direct from the dealer me that is, please feel free to call anytime and I will be more than happy to help. My direct work line is 1-417-655-9219 or you may contact me on my cell at 1-417-234-1188.
Thanks for the info noska. I will definitely keep you in mind with regards to toyota parts and our continued R&D with the 2az-fe motor.

So one of my speculation was correct, it was to direct more flow to the head. If they are really planning to release a 2.7L, I hope the displacement change is with larger bore and not longer stroke. The current stroke is already too long. Is this motor going to be based on the 2az-fe design or it's a completely new motor? How about VVTi on the exhaust cams?

Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Any info on the upgraded oil system that was talked about on the 1st page?
Old 05-31-2008, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great info I will definate keep this in mind when I get my engine built. I am buying a short block and head from Toyota for a 08. Ptuning can you pm a price if you have one for you dry sump oil system setup? Thanks.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
Great info I will definate keep this in mind when I get my engine built. I am buying a short block and head from Toyota for a 08. Ptuning can you pm a price if you have one for you dry sump oil system setup? Thanks.
X2
Old 06-02-2008, 09:30 PM

The drysump oil system is a race only system. This means that you will have no A/C since the oil pump will be located in place of it. In addition you will need to mount an 2-gallon oil tank, which is not possible with any turbo kit out there. We are taking this all into consideration when we finish designing our racing turbo kit & street turbo kit.

The other option for road racing/drag racing is to use a 1-3 qt Accusump. This might be something we will also offer as a cheaper alternative to a all-out racing dry sump oil system. I can not give you a pricing at this point since we had to custom design the drive mandrel and oil pump mounting bracket which are all done in CAD and CNC machined. but we're looking at 4-digit figures for the setup, which is considered normal for a dry sump oiling system, especially if you spend $10K on the motor. The accusump route is probably around $500-$800.

One other thing we will be releasing that will help support high hp turbo motor are racing H bearings. It should be available hopefully, by the end of June. We already have it on order, so we will get the first batch of bearings (mains & rods). In addition, we will also offer coated bearings (mains, rods, and thrust) for those looking to race their cars with massive amounts of horsepower. The engine component coating is nothing new, it's been used in the upper echelon of racing for years including Formula 1, CART/IRL, NASCAR, GT1, & touring cars. (to name a few) The technology is becoming more affordable and more available to the masses. Formula 1 engine as it stands today would not even run without these exotic chemical coating technologies.

Our Time Attack tC effort is not just about racing but it's about developing and testing some of the components that we hope we will be able to offer for sale to the general public. So we'll keep you posted.

MrC

Old 06-03-2008, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

The drysump oil system is a race only system. This means that you will have no A/C since the oil pump will be located in place of it. In addition you will need to mount an 2-gallon oil tank, which is not possible with any turbo kit out there. We are taking this all into consideration when we finish designing our racing turbo kit & street turbo kit.

The other option for road racing/drag racing is to use a 1-3 qt Accusump. This might be something we will also offer as a cheaper alternative to a all-out racing dry sump oil system. I can not give you a pricing at this point since we had to custom design the drive mandrel and oil pump mounting bracket which are all done in CAD and CNC machined. but we're looking at 4-digit figures for the setup, which is considered normal for a dry sump oiling system, especially if you spend $10K on the motor. The accusump route is probably around $500-$800.

One other thing we will be releasing that will help support high hp turbo motor are racing H bearings. It should be available hopefully, by the end of June. We already have it on order, so we will get the first batch of bearings (mains & rods). In addition, we will also offer coated bearings (mains, rods, and thrust) for those looking to race their cars with massive amounts of horsepower. The engine component coating is nothing new, it's been used in the upper echelon of racing for years including Formula 1, CART/IRL, NASCAR, GT1, & touring cars. (to name a few) The technology is becoming more affordable and more available to the masses. Formula 1 engine as it stands today would not even run without these exotic chemical coating technologies.

Our Time Attack tC effort is not just about racing but it's about developing and testing some of the components that we hope we will be able to offer for sale to the general public. So we'll keep you posted.

MrC
Sounds good =)

I'd probably choose the cheaper alternative. Since it gets to hot down here in miami >.<
Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

watching
Old 04-29-2017, 02:06 AM
SL Member

Sorry for bump the thread up, Did anyone have ever try lower the teeth of sprocket of oil pump to get the higher pump rpm ?

I'm planing to rise pump rpm and modified bypass valve to get more flow and higher pressure.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I must have missed this post in the past. Just got my Scion back out the last couple months to daily drive. With proper clearances and balancer shaft delete alone, I have very very good oil pressure, and I have made over 700WHP several times. Never an issue

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-07-2018 at 10:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-07-2018, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tofast4u
I must have missed this post in the past. Just got my scion back out the last couple months to daily drive. With proper clearances and balancer shaft delete alone, I have very very good oil pressure, and I have made over 700WHP several times. Never an issue

Holy ____ blast from the past. Definitely one of the most insane builds ever. Build my block for me please lol