Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   GReddy e-Manage Ultimate PnP harness from Manual be modified for an Automatic? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/greddy-e-manage-ultimate-pnp-harness-manual-modified-automatic-205338/)

Dmar07sciontc 07-15-2011 10:14 PM

GReddy e-Manage Ultimate PnP harness from Manual be modified for an Automatic?

Hi all! As the title states, I was wondering if a PnP harness for the e-Manage Ultimate from a 2007 manual could be modified to work with a 2007 automatic ECU. From what I have gathered from searching there are only 2-3 wires that need to be added or modified for it to work. I have been studying the pinout for both the 2007 ECU and the e-Manage Ultimate, but I can't figure out which wires I will need to modify. The reason I am asking is because I bought a used Turbo kit that came off of a manual tC and I have an auto. I want to get all the loose ends sorted out before the install. Any input on this is much appreciated.

Trying to get the install done for next weekend and then tuned.
___

Dmar07sciontc 07-16-2011 06:20 PM

...Bump for an ecu or wiring guru

VINC3TC1 07-16-2011 11:39 PM

I need the exact same question answered.

theregulator 07-17-2011 12:27 AM

I have an 07 auto and bought a kit from a dude with an 06 manual. When I took it to get installed/tuned he called me and said he would attempt to modify it but reminded me I was paying him 75/hr to do this. But after about 30 mins he called me back
and said it was wayyyy too difficult to figure out which pins he would have to switch and he believe there may be an whole entire extra wire needed for the automatics. I then had to pay 475 for a brand new GReddy Ultimate PnP with the auto option.

uhhh so after that ramble.. that was my experience.. =)

___

angeltc 07-17-2011 12:38 AM

It can be done

Dmar07sciontc 07-17-2011 05:42 AM

@ theregulator... that sucks man, sorry to hear that. I sure hope I don't have to drop another few hundred on a harness. I have a feeling he might not have been able to wire it up bc it was from an 06, which have a completely different pnp harness.I believe the 04-06 had 5 clips on their ecu, whereas the 07+ have only 4, so I'm hoping I might be able to get away with splicing a few wires.

@ angeltc... I figured it could be done, but do you happen to know which wires must be modified or added? Any help is appreciated.

Dmar07sciontc 07-19-2011 03:08 AM

Bumpity bump

VINC3TC1 07-20-2011 03:45 AM

Try calling Dezod or P-tunning see if they can answer your question.

Dezod sells only one wiring harness while p-tunning sells an Auto Harness and a Manual Harness.
Dezods
http://www.dezod.com/pd_tc07_emu.cfm
P-tunning
http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...E&ModelDesc=tC

http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...E&ModelDesc=tC

Dmar07sciontc 07-20-2011 04:22 AM

^^ ok, thanks man. I tried dezod a couple of days ago and they couldn't tell me which wires, even though they were really nice. I'll give P-tuning a call tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out.

ScionFred 07-20-2011 09:14 AM

Why not skip the middle-men and go straight to the source? Rustin at Boomslang is a great guy and very helpful. It shoudln't be very difficult if you have wiring schematics for both the ECU and EMU.

Dmar07sciontc 07-22-2011 05:05 AM

I tried p-tuning, but they told me it wasn't worth it to modify and to just pay for a new one. I'm still searching to find what I need. And ScionFred, I will call them tomorrow...I already checked the most important connections and they all match up, I believe, but for the auto tc, the shift points need to be wired in, which is where I hit a speedbump and can't find what I need. I tried to hook it up yesterday. I unhooked my negative from the battery, hooked up the harness and emanage with all dip switches off, my car started, idled for about one second then rpms dropped below 500 and died. Tried the same thing again and same result. So I unhooked the battery, then the emanage and let my ecu reset while I had the negative off the battery for about 30 mins to be sure. I started my car up and it idled horrible for about 5 mins, then the ecu relearned and it idled fine. Then I tried to take it around the block and it ran horrible for about 10 miles. This leads me to assume some wires are either crossed, or in the wrong place, even though everything seems to check out fine. Not sure what could have been wrong...:tap:

ScionFred 07-22-2011 07:26 AM

Chances are very good that Boomslang made the harness so if anyone can re-wire it, they can. Good luck.

Dmar07sciontc 07-25-2011 05:27 AM

No help from boomslang either...looks like I shall be doing some experimenting and also saving for a new harness just in case...

ScionFred 07-25-2011 02:18 PM

That sucks. Have you tried selling your harness? I'm guessing it might be worth $200 to someone in need of one.

Dmar07sciontc 07-25-2011 09:40 PM

That's probably what I'm gonna do if I can't figure it out in the next couple of days.

GetIt 07-26-2011 03:00 PM

I have an extra EMU Harness i'll let go for cheap if you need a spare. get at me

Dmar07sciontc 07-26-2011 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by GetIt (Post 3882798)
I have an extra EMU Harness i'll let go for cheap if you need a spare. get at me

Is it for an 07+ auto tc and for the emanage ultimate? If so, I'm interested.

VINC3TC1 07-28-2011 02:13 PM

What's up any word.

aryana159 07-28-2011 11:33 PM

i have a auto ecu and a manual transmission in my 05 scion tc i did a 5 speed swap i am running the emanage ultimate on my car as we speak but i had it hard wired into the car no pnp harness there is only a few wires that need to be changed around i think just check the ecu diagram and take a few hours off and you can get it done just takes alot of time and try not to stress out

Dmar07sciontc 07-29-2011 05:52 AM

still working on finding all the right wires and connections. I'm also trying to find a used harness just in case. Also, @ aryana159 how is the auto ecu working for the manual? I'm interested in doing a swap down the line, just as you have. Do you find it worth the price of doing the swap? Btw, I happened to run into some of your vids on youtube. nice ride man. pretty dang quick too.