Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Hesitation issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Hesitation issues

Hey guys I'm looking fit some advice and maybe some pointers I have a 2006 scion tc supercharger with a pulley swap and full header back exhaust. After coming home from deployment 7 month I changed the oil and started driving it again, the battery was disconnected the whole time. My problem is a week ago it started to hesitate a little while going to work. I would have the gas down going about 55mph and it would feel like I hit a wall of marshmellows and go back to the normal pull. Well on the way home last night I got on the gas a little and after I did a hard 2,3 gear pull it started to hesitate really bad to the point I was about to pull over and call the tow truck. I made it home though. My questions are with the battery disconnect for so long would it be possible to love the Trd tune, if not what else could be the issue? I checks each vac line, intake pipes, bpv and exhaust clamps... I was talking to a buddy and he said it might be the fuel filter or a battery issue... Any pointers would be awesome and thank you for your time. Ohh yeah I cleaned off the maf sensor with maf sensor cleaner. Also clean the trd intake filter. And the other day I popped a cel for a charcoal canister and evap failure. I checked all the lines to the canister and they are good to go and no leaks, and I also ensured my gas cap was on tight. I reset the light and hasn't come back on..
Old 07-16-2011, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like fuel pump going out. Its getting hot on the road and going out, cools off and works again till it goes hot
Old 07-17-2011, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

intresting...need a bit more info though. you cant just loose the flash, if it were that easy no one would buy a new ecu when they ditch the s/c.
perhaps its a fuel issue, if the car has been sitting around for so long its possible you have some condensation in the tank or just plain nasty gas.
change your plugs and get some fresh fuel...see how that does for ya.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I will try that, however I've put 3 tanks of gas through so far, maybe I should just run it dry.. At first I thought it was gas, I filled it up and added 2 gallons of E85 like I always do. Drove fine until half a tank, when I got to the 1/4 tank make I filled up with Shell V-Power fuel and thats when it got super bad... I'll pick up some new spark plugs, I might even go out and replace the sock filter on the fuel pump. However I might just replace the fuel pump with a upgraded unit.. None the less I hope this fixes the issue.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm...maybe mixture is off than what it has been in the past. do you have any codes pop up on ya?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I've always put 2 gals of e85 in each tank. Tomorrow I'm going to order a new fuel pump and plugs from pruning and see where that lands me, granted I'll be out of town again for a while soooo yeah I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

After a fuel pump I might as well get an emanate ultimate bigger injectors and go full e85, until I can rebuild the sc and do a pulley swap wi water methanol or go turbo