Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   looking to boost my tc (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/looking-boost-my-tc-228689/)

kreidler4 07-28-2014 09:17 AM

looking to boost my tc

title says it all looking to boost my 05 car has some miles don't want to go nuts just add a little power. was looking at a few ebay kits and some don't look to to bad. what kind of project am I getting into here am I going to have to get my car tuned after a turbo timer new exhaust and all ? any one that's done a daily driver boost can you chime in?

Roller_Toaster 07-28-2014 12:05 PM

You could easily piece together a qualify kit from guys selling used parts on this forum, probably for near the same price as an ebay kit.

kreidler4 07-28-2014 12:33 PM

Ic never done a car before I own a few turbo diesels so wasn't sure if I was going to need to get it tuned or get a timer or anything. All I really need is my intercooler piping intercooler turbo and mani right ?

burgandybomber 07-28-2014 03:41 PM

If you want to do it right, id get a complete kit from a reputable manufacturer. I recommend Dezod even though I have a Ptuning kit. The AR on the Dezod turbo is better suited for a street kit and allows you to recirculate the wastegate.

paul_dezod 07-28-2014 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by burgandybomber (Post 4154859)
If you want to do it right, id get a complete kit from a reputable manufacturer. I recommend Dezod even though I have a Ptuning kit. The AR on the Dezod turbo is better suited for a street kit and allows you to recirculate the wastegate.

Thanks for the kind words!

Our kit here, and I would have to agree that a kit would be ideal for various reasons...

Scion tC turbo for 2005-2010

burgandybomber 07-28-2014 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by paul_dezod (Post 4154866)
Thanks for the kind words!

Our kit here, and I would have to agree that a kit would be ideal for various reasons...

Scion tC turbo for 2005-2010

Or you can buy my kit so I can get a bigger turbo and build the motor out ;)

paul_dezod 07-28-2014 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by burgandybomber (Post 4154871)

Would the next kit be an Alpha?????? (in this case)

burgandybomber 07-28-2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by paul_dezod (Post 4154875)
Would the next kit be an Alpha?????? (in this case)

Maaaaybe :lalala:

paul_dezod 07-28-2014 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by burgandybomber (Post 4154879)
Maaaaybe :lalala:

Just leave this here then for you. :icon_juggle:

rhythmnsmoke 07-29-2014 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by burgandybomber (Post 4154859)

Originally Posted by burgandybomber (Post 4154871)

Are you looking for a smaller AR or a larger AR :question:

That_Kid_Ju 07-29-2014 10:58 PM

I have pieces of a dezod turbo assembly for sale. Haven't gotten the chance to break it apart yet and list it, but here's what it contains:
- Dezod manifold
- Dezod catted downpipe
- Garrett T3/T04E 57 trim turbo
- Tial 37mm Wastegate (blue cover, 7 psi spring)

What you'd need to get are
- oil feed and drain lines
- pan fitting (I think I have this too, but I'd have to check)
- injectors
- engine management
- Dezod s-pipe (otherwise you could get the downpipe/s-pipe combo from Dezod)
- charge pipe (I have a filter if you want it)
- Intercooler piping
- BOV

The turbo has ~20k miles on it. I can check for shaft play tonight and let you know, if interested.