Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Need help.....No power to Fuel pump and injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 01:32 PM
SL Member

Reviving a really old thread here to check something about our fuel systems in these cars. I have 2006 Scion that I'm troubleshooting.

Did I read right that the system DOES NOT activate the fuel pump unless the motor is cranking? I'm used to like most other vehcles that when you turn the key to on before the starter that the pump primes to the proper pressure, thus you'd hear it.

I guess thats what they mean when they're talking about the CAS sending input to the NE+ read and making the c/opn active with the TR1. It must not do any activation unless the CAS is sending signal into the ECU. I think thats a little odd, but I didnt design this system....

FWIW, my motor doesnt start. Something is dragging internally and preventing the engine from cranking properly. I think the previous owner f'd up the balance shafts as he had plenty of oil loss in the 06. I'm doing some due diligence on the systems before I drop in a new motor and wanted to make sure I'd not run into any other gremlins.

I hadn't heard the pump prime and I've been going crazy trying to figure out why I'm not hearing it with even a stethoscope on top of the pump cover. I find it strange that this system wouldnt prime but perhaps thats some kind of proprietary safety thing.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-04-2017 at 08:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-05-2017, 02:39 PM
SL Member

I posted over at toyotanation too since you guys are all asleep. It turns out that being a returnless system, it doesnt prime because it doesnt lose pressure unless there is an error like a leaking injector. I have the specific procedure for the 06, but its all the same really as the others. The j/b to the left of the steering wheel appears to have the c/opn integrated into the box itself, so if that c/opn fails, then you replace the entire thing. Seems a bit odd to me, but whatever. I think the special tester tool that toyota uses trips the NE+ on the ecu to make c/opn run and so you can then hear the pump.