Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   NFS "SHIFT 2" Launch PartY in SoCaL (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/nfs-shift-2-launch-party-socal-200969/)

Rob_DESCENDANT 03-24-2011 08:30 PM

NFS "SHIFT 2" Launch PartY in SoCaL

1 Attachment(s)
Check it out!
http://www.needforspeed.com/post/see...h-meet?cat=870

Attachment 63046

night87 03-24-2011 09:38 PM

Night-Import will be there for coverage!

Rob_DESCENDANT 03-25-2011 03:39 PM

AWD tC is in route!

rhythmnsmoke 03-29-2011 08:12 PM

Just picked up the Limited Ed. about 30 min ago. Haven't cracked the seal yet though.

Syldrin 03-29-2011 08:35 PM

i need this and crisis 2. i think i am going to try and make it since it's free after all.

Kareem_Descendant 03-29-2011 09:39 PM

The game is out!!! Love AWD TC!!!

rhythmnsmoke 03-29-2011 09:56 PM

Initial First Impression:

The Physics engine leaves a HEAP and TON to be desired. Coming from someone who plays GT5 nearly on a daily basis and who competes in Road Racing/Time Attack in real life, Shift 2 feels like there are no tires on the car. You get tire screeching sound, but you get no "FEEL" for where your tires are in relation to the road surface. The difference between on track surface and dipping a tire off into the grass are the same feeling. There is no change until you send the car all the way into the sand pit. I am racing on the "Elite" settings with a DS3 controller. Even with a DS3 controller and no Aids in GT5, you still "FEEL" the car and the surface changes.

I think the cool factor will be the cars and what you can do to them, but a GT5 dethroner....this game is not. I bought it for the "fun" I hope it will bring once I'm deeper in the game, but good GOD I am disappointed in the Physics Engine. I was expecting something at least CLOSE to the GT5 Physics Engine (with all the advertisements about it and what not), but that seem more like a Hype now after initial play time.

Syldrin 03-29-2011 10:03 PM

c'mon now Travis. need for speed isn't exactly something we expect realism from.

Rob_DESCENDANT 03-29-2011 11:15 PM

Anyone have unlock codes??

rhythmnsmoke 03-29-2011 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Syldrin (Post 3809415)
c'mon now Travis. need for speed isn't exactly something we expect realism from.

I couldn't tell from the advertisements in the vids...."This is Real Racing". "This is Real Fun" would be a better fitting slogan.

I got the tC as my first car like I did in Shift 1. Still look forward to the upgrades and customizations.

night87 03-30-2011 01:18 PM

Night-Import's coverage of the event
http://www.night-import.com/2011/03/...-2-launch.html

rhythmnsmoke 03-30-2011 02:25 PM

Is there a controller sensitivity setting that I have overlooked? Glitched on me about 3-4 times so far, had to restart the PS3.

bdis3 03-30-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke (Post 3809950)
Is there a controller sensitivity setting that I have overlooked? Glitched on me about 3-4 times so far, had to restart the PS3.

Mine freezes if I pay for more then 45ish minutes. I'm on 360 though. But there is a controller sensitivity setting, its under options, then controller I think. Then I had to hit the shoulder button to get to "Advanced" My sensitivity is at 0, and its a little better. All cars are still stupid twitchy though.

rhythmnsmoke 03-30-2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by bdis3 (Post 3809982)
Mine freezes if I pay for more then 45ish minutes. I'm on 360 though. But there is a controller sensitivity setting, its under options, then controller I think. Then I had to hit the shoulder button to get to "Advanced" My sensitivity is at 0, and its a little better. All cars are still stupid twitchy though.

Yeah it's like they programmed in "Sawing at the wheel" into the physics. Hope they didn't program the game entirely around the idea of having a steering wheel for racing games (granted I'm going to be getting another wheel after my Logitech went out a long time ago), but you shouldn't have to fight to keep the car in a straight line with the DS3 controller.

I'll search for the controller sensitivity setting and report back.

bdis3 03-30-2011 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke (Post 3810005)
Yeah it's like they programmed in "Sawing at the wheel" into the physics. Hope they didn't program the game entirely around the idea of having a steering wheel for racing games (granted I'm going to be getting another wheel after my Logitech went out a long time ago), but you shouldn't have to fight to keep the car in a straight line with the DS3 controller.

I'll search for the controller sensitivity setting and report back.

Every review or video ive seen, The person is playing with the wheel. It seems like, as you said, they made it for the wheels. And the controllers (probably 90% of the people who buy it) were an afterthought.

rhythmnsmoke 03-30-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by bdis3 (Post 3809982)

I don't see a controller sensitivity setting in the options for the PS3 version.

feldy 03-30-2011 05:56 PM

I'm playing a 360 version. Right off the bat. the Controls were horrible. I'm using the Ms Wheel and pedals. On the straight with that dam gtr that car was so swimmy it was stupid. It took me an hour to get through that first gtr testing thing. Had to keep redoing it with different settings. Got through it. And then loaded up shift 1 and took a screen shot of all my settings. Using them now but I still have that swimmy feeling. I also have no grip on my tires or and real feeling of brakes.

rhythmnsmoke 03-30-2011 11:42 PM

Finally, found the steering/controller sensitivity settings. I'll give a go at it with the new settings now. Default is WAY to sensitive.

Syldrin 03-31-2011 06:12 PM

any updates travis?

bdis3 03-31-2011 06:34 PM

I got it to where AWD cars are manageable. If I have a back wheel drive car, I cant go anywhere near the throttle.