Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   Show intercooler or hide intercooler ???? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/show-intercooler-hide-intercooler-169907/)

JOHNNYZX10R 08-24-2009 06:15 PM

Show intercooler or hide intercooler ????

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys i need your suggestion on something . Ever since i installed my turbo on my car i been getting crazy drivers come up to me and want to race . I went to the hangouts maybe 3 times and all times i had nothing but rice civics, evo , sti , etc wanting to race me once they see from far away the intercooler and the sound of the BOV . Is this normal to all you tc owners on boost ? I ended up putting the grill to hide intercooler but im not sure if it looks good .

Attachment 111863 before

Attachment 111864 after

draxcaliber 08-24-2009 06:26 PM

i prefer the sleeper look because if you your go fast bits are visible, people are going to wanna see how they perform. also, they attract too much attention.

Firefightin_tC 08-24-2009 06:27 PM

OOOORRRRR....

Powdercoat the Intercooler black.

User 112921 08-24-2009 06:30 PM

^ good idea. i'm not turbo-ed or even near it, but im pretty sure its normal if youre turboed with a bov. anyway it seems like you're tired of people trying to race you so if you don't wanna paint it, just hide it :D

SLEEPER24 08-24-2009 06:36 PM

Before i got my turbo i was thinking about keeping the intercooler hidden as well, especially cause my tag is sleeper24, but once everthing was installed i just loved the way that it added to the overall look of the car, i would say keep the intercooler visible

gingles 08-24-2009 06:37 PM

i have mine out in the open like yours was.....so many people want to race when they hear that hks bov. you go to a local hang out and they all want to see under the hood.....well i wait till a big shot shows up then ill race him

SLEEPER24 08-24-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by gingles (Post 3272949)
i have mine out in the open like yours was.....so many people want to race when they hear that hks bov. you go to a local hang out and they all want to see under the hood.....well i wait till a big shot shows up then ill race him

well wether you show the intercooler or not people will still hear the bov, and also if you dont want to race dont race, i just think that it looks soooooo much better

SoFloTC 08-24-2009 06:42 PM

put ur car back to how it was..

skinnayyy 08-24-2009 07:14 PM

do what i do when someone wants to race you and you're just cruising. rev it up and make it seem like you want to race, then accelerate like a grandma when the light goes green :)

also, even though you're trying the sleeper bit, i'm sure you have a good exhaust too so that'll also attract some more attention to show that you're not stock. so i say show 'em your goodies! ;)

gompka 08-24-2009 07:15 PM

My bro has his intercooler behind the stock bottom grille on an 08 tc. And its still very obvious, if you know what your looking for it stands out. I like the sleeper look but you would need to get it anodized black for it to be "hidden"

SoFloTC 08-24-2009 07:18 PM

take the grill off and put the lip back on!

Crush Automotive Customs 08-24-2009 07:20 PM

I went for the sleeper look and still i get ricers wanting to race me...my car looked compleatly stock, its just the fact its a TC I guess.

JOHNNYZX10R 08-24-2009 07:35 PM

I like the idea of power coating the intercooler ...... and yes im putting a new lip , I was driving in the highway and didn’t see a piece of brick in the middle of the road and I drove head on lol and broke the lip , bent the s pipe and god knows what else .

Don’t get me wrong I love showing off the intercooler but I usually don’t race in the highway , I cruise a lot but once they see it from behind they slow down and start beeping . Flashing light etc. thanks for opinions.

gompka 08-24-2009 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by JOHNNYZX10R (Post 3273026)
I like the idea of power coating the intercooler ...... and yes im putting a new lip , I was driving in the highway and didn’t see a piece of brick in the middle of the road and I drove head on lol and broke the lip , bent the s pipe and god knows what else .

Don’t get me wrong I love showing off the intercooler but I usually don’t race in the highway , I cruise a lot but once they see it from behind they slow down and start beeping . Flashing light etc. thanks for opinions.

yea i hate ricers! When my bro gets behind them and they see the intercooler they start reving the engine wtf? :icon_juggle:

SoFloTC 08-24-2009 07:42 PM

just stick ur middle finger out the window and ignore them lol

Domo 08-24-2009 07:43 PM

sleeper looks sick :)

shortbusxb 08-24-2009 08:06 PM

It's also my understanding that intercoolers are cop magnets.

SoFloTC 08-24-2009 08:14 PM

a car with exhaust is a cop magnet.

topekatc 08-24-2009 08:33 PM

anything wit 2 doors or stock turbo is a cop magnut

skinnayyy 08-24-2009 08:43 PM

yeah i really don't think that an intercooler is going to attract too much attention from a cop being that's it's not that big and low to the ground. A loud exhaust would. Anything flashy would too like HID's.