Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   SoFloTC - MTuned PAGE 3! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/soflotc-mtuned-page-3-a-175839/)

SoFloTC 11-15-2009 05:49 PM

SoFloTC - MTuned PAGE 3!

Oh man well where do i begin.. Mike probably has top of the line customer service. He wouldnt let me car leave until it looked and drove how it should. I had left my car with him for an extra week after a clutch issue that he surely fixed, he repainted and rewelded my charge pipe (it had 7 boost leaks!?) He cleaned up my whole engine bay and it looks alot better now. He worked endlessly on my car, fixing every retarded issue he ran into which was ALOT. I would advise anyone to take their vehicle to him if in need of ANYTHING at all to be honest.

Dyno Day: So yesterday was the dyno day, me and two other tc's went out at this "SuperFlo" dyno.. it was an american muscle shop.. so these tc's went up and put down there numbers with Mikes tune, Both on FIC's. I go up on about 19 psi with meth and the first run the dude hits it and the car literally almost torque steered right off the rollers and the dudes face was like "WTF?!" :eyes: haha they had to use 4 straps on front and back to hold this baby down! PIC!
http://i38.tinypic.com/2hezujd.jpg

So we hit the dyno again fully strapped down... on every pull the car would NOT go passed 4800 rpms.. its like it hit a giant wall and riched the hell out.. we were all confused on what the problem was.. each pull cut off at like 4800 and everyone is like what the ____. So we end up thinking they loaded the dyno wrong and went to a different dyno (Delirium Motorsports). We get there and start doin the pulls and it does the SAME THING! the guys are delirium were trying to help us out and even gave us some extra pulls, the tuner there Colombia at first came off really weird and aggressive toward me and mike especially. He told mike to lean it out where it rich's but that didnt seem to be the issue, another employee said it was the spark plugs.. (currently running 1 step colder iridiums).. so we end up leaving the dyno and checking the plugs.. the plug for cyl. 1 had the electrode like dissinegrated! half of it was GONE! so mike threw me some used iridium step 2's he had and we went back to the dyno (it was like 8 pm at this time) were praying to god this works. NOPE it happened again it cut off.... so mike opened some tables on the laptop and i noticed the 2 step rev limit was at 4800 and im like .. wait wtf!? coincidence? So the tuner there Colombia who just got done tuning a 850whp talon came and asked if we wanted some help.. Fernando who half owns the shop had already commited to helping so i figure he saw that aswell and decided why not so colombia starts messing with the computer and starts DYNO TUNING the car lol.. we turned 2 step off and noticed it passed 4800!! that was the problem the whole time!! But then i still had alot of breakups.. i have the large nozzle with the aem meth kit and apparently i should not be using it as its dumping way to much meth in! so we disabled the meth and went on.. more breakups.. so we pulled these plugs mike gave me and Colombia told another employee to grab the ones from his car.. they were Vpowers.. put them in and they worked perfectly! no breakups at all! so after like 6 hours of tuning.. these guys basically doing it for absolutely nothing out of pure love for the tuning world and helping fellow enthusiasts.. we ended up putting down 417whp 407wtq on 18 psi with NO METH, pump gas.
http://i36.tinypic.com/ek5i5j.jpg

i Dont have a picture of that full graph i didnt get that one printed but i have this one that is Uncorrected 414whp 405wtq. remember NO METH 18 psi. Yes as u can see its a dynojet but these guy say it reads accurately and nearly the same as any mustang dyno they could find in the area.
http://i37.tinypic.com/34pzuxz.jpg

Rev limiter was set to 7500, they said this car needs Cams like ASAP as the head doesnt breathe at all up top!

The car is extremely smooth during the pull, smoothest pull ive ever felt with my car. Delirium Motorsports is awesome and ill def be recommending them to people for sure. They have some sick track cars and a big ___ shop. They stayed up til 4 am with us tuning the car on the dyno.. over 6+ hours!

Only thing im disappointed with is the INITIAL M-TUNE i had which was 19 psi with meth i feel was easily contestable if not making more power with the Delirium Tune but we were not able to get the numbers from Mikes tune :/ So right now im tuned by Delirium but i have zero complaints! My experience with M-Tuning was anything but mediocre... it was AWESOME, i appreciate everything he has done for me to get my car running and looking the way it should. Should be back up there to tweak a couple more things mechanically. Im happy right now.. i know i was on a mission for 500 but with this fuel system and only on pump gas that merely looks like a dream lol. But for the street this 400+ wtq spins all of 3rd and 4th torquesteers pretty badly lol. so Thumbs up to M-Tuning and Delirium Motorsports to finally get this car squared away! :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bduex1LpDng

tcchris38 11-15-2009 06:52 PM

Wow good numbers Congrats!!! Its been a long time coming

highvoltage1 11-15-2009 06:54 PM

Wow heck of a story there! Glad things worked out. Nice numbers as well!

B_Real45 11-15-2009 07:04 PM

Good numbers.. 400ish whp is where you should be with that turbo and psi.

I was hoping to see M-tune numbers though.

What gap was on the iridiums that didn't work out for you? It seems odd that Iridiums were the cause of the breakups.. I'm guessing it was the gaps.

ElevationTC 11-15-2009 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by B_Real45 (Post 3373512)
Good numbers.. 400ish whp is where you should be with that turbo and psi.

I was hoping to see M-tune numbers though.

What gap was on the iridiums that didn't work out for you? It seems odd that Iridiums were the cause of the breakups.. I'm guessing it was the gaps.

Yea me too! I cant beilve for some reason the aem computer is reading speed from rear wheels! So when the car was on dyno it would start two stepping at that rpms! Figured it out to late!

We tried new plugs at 32- all the way down to .20. soon as we changed them..

it was like night and day!

Weirdest thing was.. on the street it was god dam insane no break ups just pure rip the tires apart!

On my tune before the "2 step" around 4750 we hit 438 wtq and it was still climing!

TCpete 11-15-2009 07:13 PM

about time u let mike finally get at the car... something ive been saying for FOR EVER...

congrats chad.. now dont break anything else!! lol

ans +1 for Mike again... doing it big for Mtuning..

XD40tC 11-15-2009 07:18 PM

Good for you brah! Thats a lot of power!

GetIt 11-15-2009 07:55 PM

congrats bro

ElevationTC 11-15-2009 11:25 PM

tcchris38 11-16-2009 12:39 AM

What did happen to your clutch Chad? I seen in another topic you said it failed cant belive the twin disc failed already

SoFloTC 11-16-2009 12:46 AM

a little tiny metal piece of the tranny casing got stuck inbetween the disc bolt keeping it from spinning.

SoFloTC 11-16-2009 12:58 AM

Mike is coming down here to activate the Meth again and upload his old tune and make some tweaks. Were going for 440+ and he MADE my map for all of the disbelievers that think he cant tune now because of this dumb issue we had. We spent hours on the road to tune this thing and its unfortunate that happened. I will be M-Tuned again. Nothing against Delirium at all, GREAT shop, Awesome environment, sick cars, cool people. Tune right now is great WOT, extremely smooth but the part throttle is a tad off because we werent to worried about it. Fernando if your reading this ill still support you guys anyway i can and am looking foward to seeing you at Moroso in december, thx for everything!

ElevationTC 11-16-2009 01:03 AM

The only thing im at fault here is not catching it earlyer about the two step! But i didint catch it because it was working on street, I dunno why on the dyno it would not log speed!

The reason they retune it was because he didint like meth, so he wanted to help out.. He did and did a good job, He tuned using boost comp, i tune my load..

Great guys there i have nothing bad to say!

But i also know the tune i made was ready to go! So take two:

Meth back on
boost back up
Tune loaded back on.

TWO STEP OFF! :)

BTW, being in a car that almost launches off the dyno was nutz!

SoFloTC 11-16-2009 01:05 AM

Ya but after we re dyno ur turning the two step back on for the streets because it sounds sexy as ____ lmao!

highvoltage1 11-16-2009 01:16 AM

Looking forward to the results, Chad!!

Once i get all my parts together ima take some leave from work head to tampa and use my parents garage for install and then make the trip to orlando for an M-tune!! But thats not until next year. Hope to be done and tuned by the summer!

gingles 11-16-2009 02:04 AM

nice numbers, nice tuning mike, and nice patience chad. glad it finally payed off for ya.

t_urbo_C_harged 11-16-2009 03:08 AM

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the MTunage!

chicotunner07 11-16-2009 04:58 AM

great to read this!

so the twin disc was ok after all? no damage?

hope to be M-tuned soon as well!

RusWolf 11-16-2009 05:10 AM

Congrats man ! I can't wait for the moment when my car will finally run again! I hope I can net similar power . I don't know if ma clutch will hold 20psi as it's rated at 390 tq by ACT, so I might have to stay at around 15 psi so I won't exceed 400tq rating.

gingles 11-16-2009 04:33 PM

what head work do you have again chad?