Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Stage 3 N/A cams with turbo?

Old 04-26-2017, 07:53 AM

Default Stage 3 N/A cams with turbo?

Ok, so I'm new to the scion game. Came from Honda's, and I'm getting ready to start building my motor and I'm curious how these motors on boost would do with stage 3 n/a cams. The reason I'm asking is because the B series Honda motors respond better with aggressive n/a cams in boosted applications compared to turbo cams. For example vtec killers on a gsr , or crower 404s on a b18b1. Anyone tried it on the 2az yet? Any input would be greatly appreciated so I can decide which direction I'm going cam wise.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rfrazier201
Ok, so I'm new to the scion game. Came from Honda's, and I'm getting ready to start building my motor and I'm curious how these motors on boost would do with stage 3 n/a cams. The reason I'm asking is because the B series Honda motors respond better with aggressive n/a cams in boosted applications compared to turbo cams. For example vtec killers on a gsr , or crower 404s on a b18b1. Anyone tried it on the 2az yet? Any input would be greatly appreciated so I can decide which direction I'm going cam wise.
Came from the honda world also. Done alot there.

I dont think there are that many aftermarket cams for the tc motor.
So it would be a custom job and that doesnt go right unless you have the R&D.

But these motor do, do well with boost. So boost it and not worry about the cams
Old 05-07-2017, 03:21 AM

Yeah ive noticed theres not a whole lot. Brian Crower makes some. So if nothing else I'll throw in the stage 2-ts and call it a day. I got tired of hondas so I figured I'd try something that not a whole lot of people really build. I mean people do some stuff here and there, but not full scale high hp builds so I'm looking forward to finding out what I can do with this thing.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea i had pretty much ever civic motor there is. Turbo a few, high comp 1.
With the tc i simply went turbo. The motors are saod to be good up to around 325-350 which is good to me.
Cant just break down a tc motor in a few hrs like you could a civic motor.

Search this Thread