Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

stock internals? or replace?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:46 PM

Default stock internals? or replace?

I have a a/t turbo tc currently, soon to be m/t. after I swap the tranny I'm aiming for 400ish whp. (wont be a tc m/t)

Stock internals are good up to how much psi/whp? I'm not to familiar with how much load the stock internals can take.

IF (most likely will) replace the internals, whats the max whp I should go up to before worrying about an issue with the stock internals?

If anyone has any experience with all this please let me know, and I have a place that can do all the installs as well.

just to double check. is there any BAD side to upgrading internals at low boost? If it is required for me to upgrade the internals I would rather do it NOW than later so its over with.

Thanks guys!

Currently at 5psi 220ish whp.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try the search button.

but stock internals are safe for about ~320 safe and ~350 is pushing it are ringlands suck they will fail on you.

if you want 400 upgrade pistons rods balance shaft delete and headstuds you should have no problem.

make sure you have the proper fueling also you will need more then 550cc injectors unless you are running a return line and are uping the fuel presure by a bunch.

you will need to upgrade clutch and pressure plate now might as well do it while installing the transmission save you money on the labor.

hope that helps out. btw i did the 5speed swap so i can make more power also but i am curently running a e351 transmission. best of luck to you.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by aryana159
try the search button.

but stock internals are safe for about ~320 safe and ~350 is pushing it are ringlands suck they will fail on you.

if you want 400 upgrade pistons rods balance shaft delete and headstuds you should have no problem.

make sure you have the proper fueling also you will need more then 550cc injectors unless you are running a return line and are uping the fuel presure by a bunch.

you will need to upgrade clutch and pressure plate now might as well do it while installing the transmission save you money on the labor.

hope that helps out. btw i did the 5speed swap so i can make more power also but i am curently running a e351 transmission. best of luck to you.

thaanks. yeah world racing did my turbo. im headed down there friday to talk about the tranny.

thanks for your input, very helpful =) so after the m/t it would be safe to just up the whp to 300? im a lil paranoid so lol

as far as the tranny goes. i know it wont be the tc m/t but as of now I dont know what exact tranny ill be putting in. depends on what they have there or whatever really.

again thanks a ton! =)
Old 01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya i talk to kareem from world racing often my name is unis he should no me they are a very knowledgeable shop and have great customer service.

i would do a compression test and a leak down test and if it comes out good up the boost to about 8-12 psi what ever gets you around ~300 safely and you should be good but like i sad make sure to upgrade the clutch or it will start slipping within few weeks.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI, the stock TC trans (E350) or a Camry trans (E351) will both hold more power than youll be able to make on stock bottom end. 400whp has been achieved on stock bottom end on E85, and I think someones done it on race gas. Is it possible? yes, Will it last? who knows, prob not long term.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldnt push past 320-330whp 11-12 psi and thats pushin it if you want your car to be reliable and dont want your rings going out on you.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this will tell you alot!!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189685
Old 01-11-2012, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im @ 128k miles on 12psi. i gotta be a tad over 300hp now and ive been boosted for about a year now. ive gone with and without management running boost. i guess u can say im one of the lucky ones. lol. im usin a trd clutch (it was convenient cuz i work for toyota). you have to remember that the power u make with ur car is all contingent to your setup and more importantly ur tune and how well u maintain and have maintained ur car.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by PeArLwHiTe07tC
. you have to remember that the power u make with ur car is all contingent to your setup and more importantly ur tune and how well u maintain and have maintained ur car.
100% true.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:42 PM

thanks all of you guys for the input. i will have world racing do most the maintenance to my car. given that they did the whole set up, I want them to do everything else. I dont trust other people at shops and what not. and yes, world racing is amazing.

I am going for reliability. I plan to keep this car for a long long time, so any problems with it I will get it fixed =)

I love tcs, I dont want another car ever haha.

thanks again guys, a lot of help =)
Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

you should hit up TwinsTurbos if you think world is a good shop those boys are sick.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by aryana159
try the search button.

hey im in the middle of planning to rebuild my engine so i can turn the boost up. I know i need piston and rods and head studs, but im curious of why i would need to remove my balance shaft delete kit? Just curious?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The balance shafts need to be removed due to the fact they cannot hold up to the higher boost pressure and higher hp and tq. They tend to fail and destroy ur entire motor. This is the reason for deleting them. I know some people have left them in and theyve had massive destruction of their builds.

On another note, when u delete the balance shafts, make sure that u have the oil jet plugged off. U may see a drop in oil pressure if this isnot done. U will also see an increase an oil pressure after the oil jet is plugged off. Some people tap the hold and thread a bolt in there. When i do my build, i plan on threading a bolt in as well as welding the bolt head to the case for added security. If u dont plan on welding it make sure u use high strength loc-tite. U dont want that little guy coming loose and wreaking havoc on ur internals.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

o i see, i never knew the blance shaft would cause that much damage. but since im doin the work myself, i would just tap and run a bolt in it, loc-tite it, and have my buddy tac-weld the head of the bolt a few times to make sure it doesnt work loose.

Thanks for the info. I would probably had something bad happen to the block and would had been ____.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah. It would def suck a$$ to spend all that time and money just to have it all destroyed from skipping out on one small thing. Just make aure u have a good set of 12 point sockets. Lol.