Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo, turbo, turbo....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Turbo, turbo, turbo....

OK, I know there's a bunch! But I want to know this one thing,

WHICH ONE GIVES YOU AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL???

Also, which kit is the best at under 3K?

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI FTW
Old 05-19-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The only ones I know of that are under 3k are ZPI stage 0, and I believe the GReddy is just under 3k. These of course do not come complete with fuel management, injectors, intercooler ect.. And I believe all of the companys include instructions?? ZPI stage 0 shouldnt be that hard to install either. just my 2 cents
Old 05-19-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My only choices are, ZPI stage 0 with stage 1 upgrade, Greddy base, or the Threadstone one... I'm getting an Emanage ultimate so my install would cost me about 4grand+

I need it to be under 21grand including my tC...
Old 05-19-2007, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by forpinks
My only choices are, ZPI stage 0 with stage 1 upgrade, Greddy base, or the Threadstone one... I'm getting an Emanage ultimate so my install would cost me about 4grand+

wait, 4k for your turbo installation? thats extremely high, im getting my turbo kit and i found someone to install, the turbo kit, the emanage and the gauges for 800.,.i suggest u look around somemorre for other install quotes
Old 05-20-2007, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you need an instruction manuel, i would let a shop do your install!
Old 05-20-2007, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bsptc27

wait, 4k for your turbo installation? thats extremely high, im getting my turbo kit and i found someone to install, the turbo kit, the emanage and the gauges for 800.,.i suggest u look around somemorre for other install quotes
I'm talking about the turbo setup for more than 4K including: Turbo kit w/ IC and 550cc injectors, Emanage U, gauges, pods and harnesses, Hawk pads on all 4s and a custom exhaust that looks and kinda sounds stock... without the installation fees

I want to do my install actually but, is it true that you need a welding machine and acetylene cutter to get it installed right? If thats the case, I'll befriend some dudes at a shop and get it installed for a nice price...
Old 05-20-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bsptc27

I'm talking about the turbo setup for more than 4K including: Turbo kit w/ IC and 550cc injectors, Emanage U, gauges, pods and harnesses, Hawk pads on all 4s and a custom exhaust that looks and kinda sounds stock... without the installation fees

I want to do my install actually but, is it true that you need a welding machine and acetylene cutter to get it installed right? If thats the case, I'll befriend some dudes at a shop and get it installed for a nice price...
to my knowledge, there is no welding on any of the turbo installations needed

your looking at a big build on a brand new car(assuming you dont own it yet, as you said 21K plus the price of the tc)

good luck though
Old 05-20-2007, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just want my tC to be cheaper and faster than mazdaspeed3...

My dad gave me $17K cash so I bough the damn tC and now I have 5K more from my savings, so I want to turbo my 349mile tC with the help of friends "so its more fun" soon.

I'm going to get the "Maximum Boost" book and study about turbo charging for a couple of months, before I do my tC turbo, till then, I'm keeping my tC parked in the garage!
Old 05-20-2007, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

wait... so your dad gave you 17k to buy a car? and you're not paying him back before you mod it?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i would wait till u at least hit 5000 miles before you mod it ... just to be careful...

its still a brand new engine
Old 05-20-2007, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at least the break in period, but your turbo setup will run you more then 5k most likely..
Old 05-20-2007, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There you go Treadstone is an awesome setup and a great choice.....have had mine for 4,000 miles about now and absolutely love the quality of the kit and the numbers that it puts out at only 7lbs. of boost. Well recommended kit and quite affordable compared to the other setups available...
Old 05-20-2007, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's up forpinks. Gotta rep the vegas tc 's!! I recently installed the ZPI stage 0, and with the kit, bov, colder spark plugs, gauges, INSTALLED it put me back about 3500. I also got the megan exhaust full catback, megan lowering springs, megan short shifter, I'm hoping beyond hopes to get the ultimate within the next couple days (trying to work out a deal as we speak), and then its tuning and dyno.

I also read through the MAXIMUM BOOST book. Actually, have it sitting in my garage on page 141 LOL. Anyway, if you wanna hit me up, shoot me a pm and we can exchange numbers. Good lookin out bro!

-Chris
Old 05-20-2007, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedLine_tC
i would wait till u at least hit 5000 miles before you mod it ... just to be careful...

Soo, time to drive the tC???

Also about the Treadstone Turbo, how many HP and TQ do you get at 7lbs, did you add Emanage also?

I also saw that you need to cut your bumper guards to install the IC? I want to install this by myself with the help of my friends so we can have some get together fun, and don't want to buy a torch cutter to get the IC in... I nay have to get that installed if it need specialty cutting.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At 7psi, an automatic tC is putting down 243whp (jrodtc) with only a HKS axleback on. Also this is on stock ECU with perfect AFR's... On the treadstone setup it says not to use with a Emanage, we are still trying to make it work though...

Another tC is putting down 249.4 (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4979206)
not sure what other mods he has, he is on SCTCC

Jarod just installed 2.5 inch piping all the way back so the numbers should be a little higher...

There is some bumper trimming to get the FMIC on. Overall its a great kit, just depends on what numbers you are trying to make and how much money you wanna spend. Treadstone kit is really inexpensive compared to some other kits like turbonetics.. PM me with any questions.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
At 7psi, an automatic tC is putting down 243whp (jrodtc) with only a HKS axleback on. Also this is on stock ECU with perfect AFR's... On the treadstone setup it says not to use with a Emanage, we are still trying to make it work though...

Another tC is putting down 249.4 (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4979206)
not sure what other mods he has, he is on SCTCC

Jarod just installed 2.5 inch piping all the way back so the numbers should be a little higher...

There is some bumper trimming to get the FMIC on. Overall its a great kit, just depends on what numbers you are trying to make and how much money you wanna spend. Treadstone kit is really inexpensive compared to some other kits like turbonetics.. PM me with any questions.
so you're telling me there is no tuning and the afr's are perfect?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedLine_tC

Soo, time to drive the tC???

Also about the Treadstone Turbo, how many HP and TQ do you get at 7lbs, did you add Emanage also?

I also saw that you need to cut your bumper guards to install the IC? I want to install this by myself with the help of my friends so we can have some get together fun, and don't want to buy a torch cutter to get the IC in... I nay have to get that installed if it need specialty cutting.

Thanks!
intalling the IC dependson kit/IC size. some need it some dont(i think)

5000 might be a little high as a minimum, but a bare bones have to have 1000..

do not boost a motor that is being broken in...

as a side note, all the kits running around the same psi(except TRD supercharger) all have had similar numbers with similar prices...its just up to you
Old 05-21-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pink,
you should look at the pics on treadstones website. There is NO WAY you are gong to be a sleeper with that intercooler. That $hit looks HOT! I LOVE the way the pipes stick out the side, but it's just a little to "in your face" for me to put on my tC.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Pink,
you should look at the pics on treadstones website. There is NO WAY you are gong to be a sleeper with that intercooler. That $hit looks HOT! I LOVE the way the pipes stick out the side, but it's just a little to "in your face" for me to put on my tC.
I know, those pipes are huge! So I might be stuck with ZPI or Greddy...

Quick Reply: Turbo, turbo, turbo....