Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/)
-   -   2006 tC Door Switch.. (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/2006-tc-door-switch-236932/)

jerry2 02-06-2019 09:55 PM

2006 tC Door Switch..

2006 tC. Sometimes the headlights do not go off when the door is opened (auto mode). Exercising the door switch seems to correct this. I want to replace the door switch.
Looks easy, one screw (T30 driver). The switch does not pull out. Seems like a boot or cover is preventing removal. I do not wish to loose the wire into the door column.

Should the switch just pull out with the wire plugged in?

Update: The switch wire is very short but with a curved medical clamp it was possible to gain enough wire to release the old switch and install the replacement.
The reason for all this was that with the headlights in "auto", the daytime running lights (headlights) would not go off when the ignition was turned off and the door opened. Result: dead battery.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

dogg 02-12-2019 03:31 AM

please explain " with the headlights in "auto" in your update... i have the 08 and dont have any setting like that...was that a feature in earlier models? or do i just need to read the manual more closely? thanks...

jerry2 02-12-2019 04:12 AM

auto headlights

Originally Posted by dogg (Post 4292765)
please explain " with the headlights in "auto" in your update... i have the 08 and dont have any setting like that...was that a feature in earlier models? or do i just need to read the manual more closely? thanks...

Sorry for the confusion. The headlights "on" setting turns the lights on and off (auto setting). The headlights go off when the key is removed and the door is opened. This assumes the door switch is good so the car knows the door has opened.

62Fender 02-13-2019 02:37 PM

Good to hear you got it fixed. The manual wouldn't have helped very much.

Here's Toyota's input, verbatim. No diagram other than the switch location on the car.

REMOVAL
1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY
TERMINAL
CAUTION:
Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the
cable from the negative (-) battery terminal to
prevent airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
2. REMOVE FRONT DOOR COURTESY LIGHT SWITCH
ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the bolt and switch.
(b) Disconnect the connector.

INSPECTION
1. INSPECT FRONT DOOR COURTESY LIGHT SWITCH
ASSEMBLY
(a) Measure the resistance according to the value(s) in
the table below.

Switch Body condition ON: 10k ohms or higher
Switch Body condition OFF: Below 1 ohm

INSTALLATION
1. INSTALL FRONT DOOR COURTESY LIGHT SWITCH
ASSEMBLY
(a) Connect the connector.
(b) Install the switch with the bolt.
2. CONNECT CABLE TO NEGATIVE BATTERY
TERMINAL
3. PERFORM INITIALIZATION
(a) Perform initialization (see page IN-23).
NOTICE:
Certain systems need to be initialized after
disconnecting and reconnecting the cable from
the negative (-) battery terminal.

THE END