Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/)
-   -   DEI 529T installation ? for auto windows up/down (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/dei-529t-installation-auto-windows-up-down-146180/)

SATownScion 09-08-2008 12:52 PM

DEI 529T installation ? for auto windows up/down

Iv done a search and the results were a little out dated and didnt find the answers I was looking for.

I have a viper alarm installed and I just bought some 529t's for the windows and sun roof. Just looking for some info on hooking them up on an 08.

My aux button will roll them down and when the car arms itself, the windows will roll up.

Just looking for some insight from those that might have it installed on their ride already and give me some pointers on what to look for and some work a rounds fro any issues that might come up.

I will try to take many pictures during the install process to make a DIY for any of you guys that are interested in doing this.

:bow: Thanks in advance :bow:

mattieg 09-08-2008 03:21 PM

Do you have 10 wires, 8 wires or a 6 pin plug on the 529t. They have three different types. But the wires that you need will be; left windo up/down yellow - pink in driver window switch in door. Right front window up/down yellow - green in passenger window switch in door.

mattieg 09-08-2008 03:22 PM

I doubt you will be able to do the sun roof since the motor is something totally seperate.

SATownScion 09-08-2008 03:41 PM

I didnt know about the different types of 529t

I will have to check them once I get home from work.

thanks mattieg

mattieg 09-08-2008 03:54 PM

Anytime dude, let me know what one it is and I can see if I can tell you wire to wire what to do.

SATownScion 09-09-2008 01:10 PM

the two that I have right now are 10 wire, i have one more in the mail coming in

mattieg 09-10-2008 03:15 PM

Ok here is what we are going to do. I believe that both up and down rest at ground at see 12 volts when in operation. So what we are going to do is hook up blue to motor side on the driver door and brown to the module side. We have automated windows so you cant go to the switch. Now to do both window i would split the wires and diode isolate them with a 1 amp diode. Do this to the up side as well.

For activation to roll them down hook up your gray wire on the 529t and the gray/black to a negative auxilary on the security system.

Now we got that lets move on to the up side. You would probably want the window to go up when you arm the car. To do this hook up your orange wire from the security system... should be ground when armed to the orange wire (side one) and orange black (side 2).

Black on the 529t goes to ground and red will go to 12volt constant.

mattieg 09-10-2008 03:16 PM

This is the information I have and as is... insert discaimer here, I am not responsible for fuking up your car lol.

SATownScion 09-10-2008 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by STNC
How goes this project?

Originally Posted by satownscion
I was planing on doing this weekend but Ike decided to pay TX a visit and looks like it will be over san antonio on saturday.

still in the information gathering step, just waiting for some free time to work on it.

mattieg 09-10-2008 03:25 PM

I changed the post about the wires. It shouldn't be too much of a problem. The module is fused. And I hope someone will chime in if the have anything more to add.

mattieg 09-10-2008 03:28 PM

All that module is, is a bunch of relays basically with a sensor.

mattieg 09-10-2008 03:45 PM

Ok I talked to a couple tech guys and the 529t only does one window up and down or both windows up OR down...

SATownScion 09-10-2008 03:52 PM

yea the 530t does 2 windows up and down but i heard that it does not work with a tc. im getting my info from forums.

Im going to have a tech from bestbuy install them, hes a regular on here and had an 06 tc but now has an xd rs1.

im just trying to get some info to help speed up the process since he hasnt done this install on a tc. he wanted to do it on his but kept putting it off.

mattieg 09-10-2008 04:16 PM

HAHA ya im an installer at best buy as well and i have been talking with other guys that we call secret weapon. So you may need to have two of those modules to work.

STNC 09-10-2008 04:20 PM

How goes this project?

SATownScion 09-10-2008 04:20 PM

lol, i guess thats why you are the only one responding on here. he installed my viper 350 and it was a super clean install.

yea i have two already and i bought one more for the sun roof but if that one doesnt work out, back on ebay it goes.

joshrobb08tc 09-11-2008 12:03 AM

i have the viper 5900 2 way and was going to go with the DEI 530t its only 40 bucks! a couple of relays and you should be able to make it do what ever you want. the only problem i can think of is the fact that the sunroof has multiple steps. so even when you hold the sunroof open button once it gets to a certain position it stops then you have to hold it again to open all the way. same with close.

SATownScion 09-11-2008 12:12 AM

I was thinking the same thing about the sun roof.

I have heard that the 30's dont really work with the tc and that the 29's are a better choice.

i was able to get 3 29's for about $50-$55 on ebay.

I am hoping to get them installed on monday afternoon, thats if all goes well with this stupid hurricane. i wouldnt mind having the drink right about now. those things are good and powerful

mattieg 09-11-2008 10:43 PM

ya do not use the 30's i dont know why but it will mess things up. I just finished a 13 hour install on my car in the past two days. The new 5701 security, keyless and remote start for a manual transmission. Also did two piezzo sirens, proximity sensor and some more goodies.

Well good luck with everything bud and your in good hands if your buddy is doing it at best buy cause they have really good insurance lol.

SATownScion 09-29-2008 03:09 PM

well, they are finally on and working. i dropped off my tc at bestbuy yesterday and my buddy had a hell of a time installing them. a lot of little issues from what he told me. i wished i could have been there but had to run errands with my girl.

i know he had to run diodes to make it work right since there were problems with my lights staying on after arming/disarming. another issue was the car not turning off after turning the key and removing it. that was a crazy site.

but all is good now and it works perfectly. it looks sweet too.