Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Does anyone suggest these speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Does anyone suggest these speakers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...763904471&rd=1

Im going to replace all the speakers in my tC. From what ive read they are 6.5 in. speakers. Correct me if im wrong. This just sounded like a good price and thought i would ask you guys first.

Thanks for any info.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get some edi 6000s, they're in your pricerange if you're considering the alpines.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ill look into it. Im new to audio systems so im kinda lost.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

They are great speakers but you pretty much HAVE to put an amp on them.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alpines are good....but there are WAY better sounding speakers in the $150 and less range.....elemental design, RE.....no matter what components you get, DEFINITELY put an amp on them!!!!!! whatever you do, GET AN AMP!!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

How much would 4 speakers, and a good amp cost me?
Old 03-29-2005, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Default buying audio

If I was buying a set of components or any audio for that matter. I would buy a brand name from an authorized dealer. I know this sounds corporate. I can't tell you how many times I have had someone buy a no name brand or a piece from the internet then it breaks. There is no warranty on the Alpine speakers bought from the internet according to Alpine's own policy. Buy smart and good luck.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a buddy that owns a stereo shop...I am running orion P6.2 components, they sound awesome! I got them for somewhere around 170. If you are interested, hit me up at funnyact@yahoo.com. I can get amps and subs too...
Old 03-29-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude go get a DLS speakers they are the best.. clear crisp highs and good mids... not everyone knows this brand but i tell you, this is one of the best... if you want do some research... if you are looking for some mid-level seps, buy the R6A or MS6... check out www.infinitecaraduio.com... they are an authorized DLS dealer...
or, if you are into alpines, go for the type-x... for a little more extra...
Old 03-29-2005, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Are the tC's speakers 6.5 all around? Im looking into those speakers^^^ Thanks for the tip!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: buying audio

Originally Posted by Boom12V
If I was buying a set of components or any audio for that matter. I would buy a brand name from an authorized dealer. I know this sounds corporate. I can't tell you how many times I have had someone buy a no name brand or a piece from the internet then it breaks. There is no warranty on the Alpine speakers bought from the internet according to Alpine's own policy. Buy smart and good luck.
The eDis have a three year warranty.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Yeah, the actual speaker sizes in the tC are something like 6.3" or something retarded like that.

eDi's sound great and fit well after custom fabricating the bracket. You could get teh component set, a Nine.4 amp and another pair of the mids if you wanted those in the back and it wouldn't cost you too much.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

The eDis have a three year warranty.
Yea three years Just what I want to do have to do pull my speakers and mail them to some place and wait six to eight week to get them back. Sorry I would rather buy a nationally ranked and dealer backed product. That way when I do spend My hard earned money if I do have a warranty issue all I have to do is go back to that dealer and swap product.
So many people have their minds made up on what they think is good that they are going to buy that piece whatever it may be. Bottom line is buy smart enjoy what you buy.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are u trying to plug memphis here? lol
Old 03-29-2005, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Default Would you suggest...

No not at all. Although our new components would be a great choice :D I have kind of given up on chat room battles. I'm just hoping that somone is able to take some advice and spend their money wisely.

I can't tell you how many time I have had somone tell that this new brand X or Y or RE is the shiznit. Only to find out that the brand is a fly by night with no customer support. Then the customer is stuck. The only option they have at that point is well you get the idea.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Default Re: Would you suggest...

No not at all. Although our new components would be a great choice :D I have kind of given up on chat room battles. I'm just hoping that somone is able to take some advice and spend their money wisely.

I can't tell you how many time I have had somone tell that this new brand X or Y or RE is the shiznit. Only to find out that the brand is a fly by night with no customer support. Then the customer is stuck. The only option they have at that point is well you get the idea.
Trust me when I say there is nothing wrong with eD's customer service and they certainly aren't a fly by night company.

Yes...unfortunately sometimes items do go out of stock and if a warranty issue happens then the customer does end up waiting. But they will get a new product. Period.

They are still a very small company and may not have the massive inventory of other companies that have dealers all over the country.

Take a chance, you won't be disappointed. I know I've never been.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Default Would you...

Trust me when I say there is nothing wrong with eD's customer service and they certainly aren't a fly by night company.

Yes...unfortunately sometimes items do go out of stock and if a warranty issue happens then the customer does end up waiting. But they will get a new product. Period.

They are still a very small company and may not have the massive inventory of other companies that have dealers all over the country.
What ever, it is just an example to make a point. I was not picking any company in particular. I have been doing this for a long time and I have seen em come and seen em go. I have seen a lot of people taken advantage of and I don't like that. Most of us work way to hard for our money to have that happen. We have been in business for 40 years owned and operated by the same family, voted Manufacture of the year two years in a row.

Bottom line buy smart and ejoy what you buy.
Don't let someone who want's to argue that they know more put your stuff down. JUST ENJOY
Old 03-30-2005, 12:29 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Default Re: Would you...

What ever, it is just an example to make a point. I was not picking any company in particular. I have been doing this for a long time and I have seen em come and seen em go. I have seen a lot of people taken advantage of and I don't like that. Most of us work way to hard for our money to have that happen. We have been in business for 40 years owned and operated by the same family, voted Manufacture of the year two years in a row.

Don't let someone who want's to argue that they know more put your stuff down. JUST ENJOY
Alright...that's cool. Just from the fact that you quoted the eDi warranty then began ripping on internet companies it sounded a lot like it was a stab at them directly....and considering they sponsor this forum and aren't as you described, it sounded rather rude.

I agree, don't let anyone else decide what sounds good for you....but at the same time, never be afraid of taking a chance on something you might not be able to demo because the company hasn't been around forever. Read around, asking specific questions often leads to biases one way or the other, but just reading opinions can often help skip the flame wars.

And again...where's the :beer: smiley
Old 03-30-2005, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mandos

Alright...that's cool. Just from the fact that you quoted the eDi warranty then began ripping on internet companies it sounded a lot like it was a stab at them directly....and considering they sponsor this forum and aren't as you described, it sounded rather rude.

I agree, don't let anyone else decide what sounds good for you....but at the same time, never be afraid of taking a chance on something you might not be able to demo because the company hasn't been around forever. Read around, asking specific questions often leads to biases one way or the other, but just reading opinions can often help skip the flame wars.

I have to stick behind Boom12V on this. Being in the industry for as many years as we have, we've seen stuff like this before.

Everyone has different tastes in music and everyone hears things differently. What I think sounds great, others dislike.

That's why there can't be just one PERFECT speaker that pleases everyone.

You have to listen to them before you make your choice.

If you buy from the internet, how can you hear them?

If you buy from an authorized dealer, you can hear them, get them installed, and have an opportunity to make a change if you are not completely satisfied.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by cme42ns
Originally Posted by mandos

I have to stick behind Boom12V on this. Being in the industry for as many years as we have, we've seen stuff like this before.

Everyone has different tastes in music and everyone hears things differently. What I think sounds great, others dislike.

That's why there can't be just one PERFECT speaker that pleases everyone.

You have to listen to them before you make your choice.

If you buy from the internet, how can you hear them?

If you buy from an authorized dealer, you can hear them, get them installed, and have an opportunity to make a change if you are not completely satisfied.

Well, I went from an all RF system to an all eD system and I can't say I've ever been happier. Not to diss RF since obviously it's a company you stand behind, but my new stereo sounds much better.

Plus old all RF system ~ $2000

New system ~ $1200

$800 less and sounds better, sorry, I'll take that any day.

And again, not all companies are huge and can have hundreds of dealers all over the country. Plus, why do people pay so much for companies like that....because they need to spend money on marketing...and all the extra middle men.

Quick Reply: Does anyone suggest these speakers?