Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

OEM seat lever

Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OEM seat lever

The lever at the top of my driver's seat has stopped working. I'm guessing a clip or screw has come loose from a cable between the lever and the reclining lever at the bottom. It has no resistance lifting up like the passenger's seat lever does. Has anyone ever fixed this problem or does anyone know how to take the seat apart enough to fix it?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:04 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

at the top of my head.. i can't tell ya right now.. i'll take a lookie, but make sure nothing under or around the seat is causing it to jam up.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by kuo34
The lever at the top of my driver's seat has stopped working. I'm guessing a clip or screw has come loose from a cable between the lever and the reclining lever at the bottom. It has no resistance lifting up like the passenger's seat lever does. Has anyone ever fixed this problem or does anyone know how to take the seat apart enough to fix it?
<br />
<br />
I had the same thing just happen to me so if you figure it out fill me in the lever does not lock it just snaps back down after I lift it. No connection!! Sucks!
Old 05-31-2018, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reclining remote control is not detailed in the repair manual. Some day I may summon the courage to remove the upper seat hog clips and fold up the upper seat back fabric. Most likely a broken/damaged end at the upper remote lever. Use care if you attempt access as the negative battery terminal should be removed and key OFF, wait at least 90 seconds, or else SRS(air bag) could go off if you disturb seat air bag connector.
They say hog clips are not reusable, probably true so we will also need new fabric clips handy for reassemble.