Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/)
-   -   karr alarm system (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/karr-alarm-system-62674/)

05FMtC 06-14-2006 06:17 AM

karr alarm system

i want an alarm but i dont want the scion alarm. i have heard of some ppl gettin the dealer karr alarm. is it anygood? does it use the factory key w/o a seperate transmitter? and what is the price of the alarm? thanks

RJonesy 06-14-2006 06:23 AM

I have the Karr alarm. The dealer installed it the day I got my car. I didnt realize until about a month ago that it wasnt the scion alarm. A nice feature is that it beeps your horn when you lock and unlock you doors. It works with the factory keys. I would say that I havent had any issue with it.

tC_Normo 06-14-2006 06:33 AM

same here.. i got the karr alarm in my car.. the only thing is the super bright wide angle LED that blinks in my car..

05FMtC 06-14-2006 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by RJonesy
I have the Karr alarm. The dealer installed it the day I got my car. I didnt realize until about a month ago that it wasnt the scion alarm. A nice feature is that it beeps your horn when you lock and unlock you doors. It works with the factory keys. I would say that I havent had any issue with it.

i just remembered that u had the kaar system. thanks. how much did it cost if u dont mind. i really want an alarm. starting to invest alot of hard earned money into it and i the last thing that i would want is some one breaking in to my car and getting away with my my audio setup.

SquallLHeart 06-14-2006 06:50 AM

it's KARR

RJonesy 06-14-2006 06:55 AM

I'm not sure how much it was. I just had it added with all the other charges for the car. You may want to look into one of those alarms that will page you if your alarm goes off.

yellowxboy 06-14-2006 07:58 AM

i had the karr alarm as an option at the dealership thinking that that was the stock factory alarm. *shrugs* i can kick my car and it wont go off.. and i have it on the highest sensitivity.. i think imma relocate the blue box when i get the chance.

tC_Normo 06-14-2006 10:51 AM

^^^ my buddies were being dumb and kept hitting my car until the alarm went off... haha.. it went off 8 out of 10 times they hit it.. but they gave it a good thump...

maximbunny 06-14-2006 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by yellowxboy
i had the karr alarm as an option at the dealership thinking that that was the stock factory alarm. *shrugs* i can kick my car and it wont go off.. and i have it on the highest sensitivity.. i think imma relocate the blue box when i get the chance.

I think its meant to disable your car not alert you!!!!!!...stop kickin it!

JOEinSD 06-14-2006 08:43 PM

I have it. My sensitivity is set at about halfway and it goes off when i close my hood. It's not like i drop it from way high either.

If you're coming to SD and still need it let me know. I know someone who can do it for about $130.

You can disable the honking (when you un/lock if you want). And you can have it arm itself 30 secs after your dome lights go out (good feature if you forget to hit the button often) and this can be disabled too.

RJonesy 06-14-2006 10:11 PM

Jose06tC, How do you get it to arm itself 30 secs after you dome lights go out? :ponder:

SquallLHeart 06-14-2006 10:15 PM

there should be an entire booklet for the karr system that tells you how to turn on/off/adjust every feature.

IaMVinhamese 06-14-2006 10:21 PM

i think you should get the VIP REMOTE START and then let me know if it works for the tC. :P

get the ones made for the camry and get the key to test out the trunk release too

SquallLHeart 06-14-2006 10:47 PM

hmm... just to add.... remote start for manuals are a bad idea...

you never know what'll happen... trust me.. i've seen plenty of accidents... including one of a nice tC that it's owner never thought would happen.. and it did.

it wasn't worth it in the end. all it takes is one accident.

donscion 06-14-2006 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
hmm... just to add.... remote start for manuals are a bad idea...

you never know what'll happen... trust me.. i've seen plenty of accidents... including one of a nice tC that it's owner never thought would happen.. and it did.

it wasn't worth it in the end. all it takes is one accident.

this is true but it depends on what alarm you go with
my alrm has a remote start feature and was built specifically for manual transmissions. I only go with the best. I went with AutoPage

Here's how it works. If I want to enable remote start, I press a key on my LCD remote, then do what I have to do close the door, lock it on the LCD remote and the car arms itslef as well as shuts off. When I'm ready to turn it on again, I press one key on the remote - very simple and very easy

SquallLHeart 06-14-2006 11:11 PM

^^ seems that way it makes sure that your car isn't in gear when you shut down the car.

in that case, :)

JOEinSD 06-14-2006 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by RJonesy
Jose06tC, How do you get it to arm itself 30 secs after you dome lights go out? :ponder:

My guy did it for me. I know nothing about programming it..

donscion 06-14-2006 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
^^ seems that way it makes sure that your car isn't in gear when you shut down the car.

in that case, :)

Yup this is true - safest alarm out there - excellent protection as well - I just added the interior/exterior motion/sound detection unit - sweet! If my windows are down and someone tries to steal my iPod the alarm goes off!

donscion 06-14-2006 11:17 PM

oh and btw the trunk releases with the push of a button as well. Also I can check indoor and outdoor tmp and set the car to start at a time I want automatically. or i can have the ac turn on when it gets to hot outside or vice versa with the heat/cold weather

JOEinSD 06-15-2006 02:02 AM

Okay Don, HOW MUCH?!