Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/)
-   -   LEDs not working on newly swapped steering wheel controls (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/leds-not-working-newly-swapped-steering-wheel-controls-113170/)

mdkflip 09-01-2007 03:49 AM

LEDs not working on newly swapped steering wheel controls

I recently had Jeremy over at Garage1217 change my LEDS for my main gauge cluster and my steering wheel controls. The gauges work just fine, but the steering wheel controls won't light up at all. I can still control all of the functions, but they just don't light up. What is the issue here? I connected the one plug, and I made sure the wire wasn't being crushed by anything. I just want to check into all the options before I ask Jeremy to send a replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

Yanki01 09-01-2007 03:52 AM

ask Jeremy?

joshuabowman 09-01-2007 01:32 PM

Hey man just contact him and i sure he will re-do the LED's in it. He is doing this for me also, I just mailed the door lock back to him and he is fixing it. Even the best LED;s out there have a few bad ones in a batch. I'm sure he will take care of you, just let him know.

ScionJim23 09-01-2007 02:46 PM

Dont worry, Jeremy will be all over this and help you with it. He backs all of his work 100% and will figure out the issue. Good luck. PM him.

KooLAiD 09-01-2007 03:56 PM

If you want, PM me your info and I will call him...plus I will see him Friday when we roll to NM. He does great work and probably just one of the resistors or something poped in the control....he'll fix it up right away!!!!

I also sent him an email with this thread link for you!

Garage1217 09-01-2007 05:31 PM

Already spoke with you on email before this post, I said I am not sure what could possibly be the issue and am sending a new steering wheel control board to you to swap out with a prepaid envelope to send the other back. Again I have no idea why as it tested fine, solder work is always exellent so it may just be a fluke led death. We will get to the bottom of this and you will be taken care of so no worries!!

mdkflip 09-01-2007 05:46 PM

I was just looking for other problems, because I wanted to make sure it wasn't something on my end before I ended up wasting your time with sending a new board. Trust me, I know. Jeremy is awesome, his work is excellent. I just wanted to make sure I covered everything first.

Yanki01 09-01-2007 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Garage1217
Already spoke with you on email before this post, I said I am not sure what could possibly be the issue and am sending a new steering wheel control board to you to swap out with a prepaid envelope to send the other back. Again I have no idea why as it tested fine, solder work is always exellent so it may just be a fluke led death. We will get to the bottom of this and you will be taken care of so no worries!!

Top Notch Customer Service right there :clap:

ScionJim23 09-01-2007 06:49 PM

^^^x2^^^