Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need Help removing the grab handles on driver and passanger side

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need Help removing the grab handles on driver and passanger side

I am changing the color of my headliner with dupli-color fabric and vinyl paint and i am most of the way through the tear down the only thing that is holding me up is the grab handles on each side of the car. i dont know how to get the caps off of the bolts without breaking the caps ( i know the way i tried will break them because one started to crack) so please help asap oh and ive tried the little indentations with a small screw driver and that doesnt work i cant get hold of anything to pop them off so please let me know if there is a special tool or some special way of getting them off thanks
Old 05-11-2013, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by austin183524
I am changing the color of my headliner with dupli-color fabric and vinyl paint and i am most of the way through the tear down the only thing that is holding me up is the grab handles on each side of the car. i dont know how to get the caps off of the bolts without breaking the caps ( i know the way i tried will break them because one started to crack) so please help asap oh and ive tried the little indentations with a small screw driver and that doesnt work i cant get hold of anything to pop them off so please let me know if there is a special tool or some special way of getting them off thanks
Goodluck with them. I broke the caps off, then pulled the inserts out with pliers.

Did my headliner spray down to gray and put it all back together - I threw the cap away and just put the handle inserts in so if anyone does grab my oh **** handle it doesn't fall off.