Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

oem Subwoofer into a non Subwoofer '07

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 04:51 PM

Default oem Subwoofer into a non Subwoofer '07

As the title states, I'm looking to install the OEM sub from an '08 TC into my non subwoofer '07. Can I pull the '08 harness and use that as a drop in, no splicing, or is there a better way to wire this in. I've looked online for a factory wiring diagram to no avail. I also searched these forums and wasn't able to find any specific information. If someone has posted on this, My apologies. Thank you.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

if you have wiring it should plug in without much issue.
the subwoofer harness plugged into the stock wiring behind the radio and was routed through the passenger side under the door frame plastic and then towards the trunk.

if it helps they used the same subwoofer harness that the optional 10in subwoofer used when that was an option for 05+
Old 08-17-2017, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
if you have wiring it should plug in without much issue.
the subwoofer harness plugged into the stock wiring behind the radio and was routed through the passenger side under the door frame plastic and then towards the trunk.

if it helps they used the same subwoofer harness that the optional 10in subwoofer used when that was an option for 05+
The 08 harness begins on the driver's side. There is a junction block to the left of the driver's feet that feeds everything in the back half of the car. I was considering paring down the harness to eliminate everything that is not necessary for the sub. Upon inspection, the 07 has another harness plugged into the same spot on the junction block. I'm not sure how this would effect things.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm just referring to the sub harness, it's just an extra harness that was added in at the back of the radio, and went down the passenger side towards the trunk that plugged into the subs from there.

power and Acc-on are all available at the back from the sub harness and not something we needed more/other wiring for?

if it helps, i was able to find the install instructions for the 10 sub and it shows that it is just a harness that routes from the back of the radio through the passenger side to the trunk
http://www.bazooka.com/pdf/current/S...INT%20FILE.pdf

oddly enough it doesn't actually show the harness plugging into the stock radio/harness.

i would be surprised if your car would need something different as that standard small sub was available on the 07 for the special edition, and nothing was changed when they made it standard.

anecdotally, there was also a post on another forum about someone with an 09 tC changing the standard small sub for the 10in option and it was plug and play to their stock sub harness plug in the trunk.

all you should need is that additional subwoofer harness.

Last edited by gjpjr84; 08-17-2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: tried for better clarity