Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Post Pics of Your tC System Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 03:38 AM
Banned
SL Member

looks good how does the center channel sound ?

I was thinking of putting this in the pocket below my deck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PYLE-PLTVD-7-5DI...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-16-2006, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well its 25w rms, and 50w max
sounds ok but i would have liked the Alpine SBS-05DC full din better
Old 03-18-2006, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanki01
^^ nice! No subs or comps?
I have a sub. I just pulled it out so you could see the amps on the seat. I also have components up front.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I made this out of 3/4" mdf from Lowes'. Wanted something hidden and still wanted some cargo space. I made simple rectangular boxes before... this was tough. This was before the amp. I'll get pics of that later.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

2 12 in. audiobahns. they alrite
Old 03-23-2006, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

audiobahn only looks good
Old 03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member

?????how hard is it to build a sub box??i want to build one myself to give it it's uniqueness..but i don't know how it would turn out sounding..anyone done it? any advice?? tnx!!
Old 03-23-2006, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hmlbtz
?????how hard is it to build a sub box??i want to build one myself to give it it's uniqueness..but i don't know how it would turn out sounding..anyone done it? any advice?? tnx!!
Its pretty easy i built a real simple one before. This weekend Im gonna start on a new box for my tC (a unique one).

Heres a cool link http://www.ehow.com/how_4073_build-subwoofer-box.html
Old 03-24-2006, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by hmlbtz
If you're building your first box, make it sealed... though I love ported. I've never tried making a bandpass because of how ridiculously large they are. I suggest sealed because they're more forgiving to miscalculated internal volumes.

I made my own tirewell box out of mdf because I didn't want to spend so much time making a fiberglass box. Plus, I could get the exact internal volume I wanted with MDF and make my box ported for a little more output.

Check out your local Lowe's or Office Depot and look for 3/4 inch mdf (medium density fiberboard). I don't suggest particle board... I had a bad experience with it (well, my buddy did).

The hardest part will be measuring and calculating your internal volume.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well, if you want to try a subfloor box(tirewell box), here's some things that might help you.

Here's some stuff you'll need:
1. The specs on your subs (data sheet/manual with the recommended box volume/size diagrams, and info like the mounting depth among others)
2. What kind of box you want (between sealed and ported). I'd recommend ported if it can go in a 1 ft^3 box or less... 1.5 cubic feet per sub like I did will make the box a lot bigger, and I don't recommend it because doing that with mine was a biznatch!
3. And if you can get your hands on a tool to cut perfect circles because a jigsaw is too imperfect (or my skill with it is)
4. Circle template for your sub for the mounting circle
5. You'll need wood($30), a couple of tubes of silicone sealant($5-15), two ports(if you decide on a ported box $40), carpet(maybe $ 20-$30).

Here's some stuff that'll help you:

The maximum measurements on the bottom are:
(Length x Width) 42"x21". I DON'T SUGGEST YOU USE THE MAXIMUM LENGTHS AND WIDTHS... because I used the max dimensions, and it complicated it in the end, because the top piece (speaker baffle) had to fit TOO perfectly, and aligning this was hard.
(Height) It'd be good to keep the height at 7.5 inches... if your subwoofer's mounting depth is under 6 inches (like 5 3/4" for example). The reason I say this, is because you minus 1.5 inches (.75" + .75") to get an internal length of 6 inches, so with a 5 3/4" mounting depth, you'll have about 1/4" of play.

Here's the bottom:

I made my height 8", and it made the box higher, level with the trunk (you get less cargo space). But that's what I wanted. The biggest I'd recommend is 2.4 cubic feet total (1.2 per sub) for 3/4" mdf.

That's with external dimensions of 39x19x8 {Internal dimensions of 36.75 x 17.5 x 6.5... you minus 2.25 for the length because there's three pieces that deduct .75" each, and 1.5 for the other two).

The reason I say this is because the top board (the baffle) will fit really snug, and you want some play on the bottom so that it isn't "do or die" when you put your box in at the end. Mine barely fit. Oh yeah, the top board... There's two carpets in our trunks. Well, not really. There's one carpet, and there's that piece that locks the spare tire under there. Lay those pieces one on top of another, and use this as your outline for the top board (the speaker baffle). That way the whole box will fit snug with your trunk.

I wouldn't recommend an enclosure that's bigger than 2.4 cubic feet total. You could use 1/2" mdf if they have it that small. It might make getting a bigger box volume out of a slightly smaller space.

There's so much more, I wish I had pictures of all the steps I took building this...
Old 03-24-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Oh yeah, and the reason I did it is because I originally wanted buy a box from http://www.elegonics.com/QD_TC_2.html, but the price of the box was a little outrageous... add onto that shipping to Hawaii, and I'd be spending more money than I did on my carbonfiber hood! lol. I wanted a tirewell box that leaves me a trunk and is hidden.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NCBIGGJ

VERY VERY NICE!!! That's one of the cleanest installs I've seen here.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Nerek
audiobahn only looks good
yea but it sounds alrite to me.. it was cheap and i was like what the hell. lol
Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

ok well i have been checking out this thread since it started and I still haven't seen anyone pull off what I want to do... I want to put two subs... one in each corner of the rear trunk area behind the taillights, firing towards the front but diagonal. I was wondering if anyone has seen anything similar to this. Thanks this is my future task.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by justmyluck
ok well i have been checking out this thread since it started and I still haven't seen anyone pull off what I want to do... I want to put two subs... one in each corner of the rear trunk area behind the taillights, firing towards the front but diagonal. I was wondering if anyone has seen anything similar to this. Thanks this is my future task.
Be the first. Seriously though, that sounds like a fun fiberglass project... definately post pics dude!
Old 03-25-2006, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by justmyluck
Well i kinda wanna do the same with putting 2 subs on each side and facing the middle and hide the amp under somewhere OR put the 2 subs on 1 side fiberglassed it and the amp on the other fiberglassed! Im not sure what im doing just yet but it will be JL Audio! I cant wait!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well I plan on doing my first take at the concept here in the next couple of weeks... the first one will be made out of mdf and I will probably abuse this setup for atleast a couple of months then I will try my hand at fiberglassing...that will be a new experience for me never fiberglassed before. So I figured while I take the time to see how the system sounds, looks feels and everything I will start playing around with fiberglassing that way when and if I decide to tackle this project with fiberglass I can tackle the job more freely.

Hopefully I can get a grasp on the fiberglassing part because I have MANY things I want to glass...

Ipod in top of center console (now it is just laying up there losely)
Subwoofer and Amps with my ps2 once it comes back from my getting work done
Maybe some kickpanels
Plus something I have always wanted to do in my Xplorer that I will now do in the tC

Oh yeah it helps that I just got a job a couple weeks ago making 35 to 40k a year not bad for a twenty year old still living with parents so no rent... perfect

tC will get paid off sooner than expected, more goodies for the car, and hopefully some xtra money put aside so i can buy some property. Hopefully everything works out for the best.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default mine

https://www.scionlife.com/gallery/?photo=13492
Old 03-25-2006, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is mine. It is being redone so I will post pics when it is complete.

Old 03-25-2006, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

alright guys need some help here. it has been a little while since i have calculated everything for making a speaker box and the book i once had i can't find need a RELIABLE website to get info to calculate box volume, cutoff, and all that good stuff any and all help you get perfect... I prefer to do the calculations myself not a program because that is half the fun. Thanks everyone. Take it easy.

Just My Luck

Quick Reply: Post Pics of Your tC System Here