Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Problem: All my lights turn on, on my dash, car almost Dies

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Problem: All my lights turn on, on my dash, car almost Dies

All my lights on my dash turn on (signals, warning, tire pressure, ebrake, etc) and then my car kinda starts to stall. all of this happens in like the period of 1 second or so and then the car returns back to normal. Happened about 3 times in the matter of 15 min or so and then the car drove fine the rest of the way home.

I just installed an Intake ( inken from sparks ) and then I have a subwoofer ( factory VSE ) that I also installed but is currently out of my car for the moment.

Any ideas on what it could be?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like bad connection on the battery, or bad main ground connection somewhere.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Take it to the dealer should be covered under warrenty. Just a PITA since you have to sit around.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I did reloated the ground that was where the intake mount goes to another location ( as per instructions ) is this ground a main ground and would it cause these kinds of problems if so.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just checked all my groundings. they seem to be ok. Also I installed my inken intake and I have HID's on my car as well. I dont mind taking it to the dealer but id hate to hear that oh sir you altered your car, we cannot service this. I know i know it wont affect if i like add a muffler and my radio goes for things like that. But i got HID's which are connected to the stock harness and such. I did get my intake from TRD Sparks though so thats should be at least fine with warranty.

Anywhose. Anyone else ever had this problem?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:21 AM
5 Year Member

First off. your warranty can only be voided 1 area at a time. In other words, lets say your engine goes bad, and they wont replace it, because you have hids. Unless they can prove that the hids, took parting in the intial sequence leading to the engine failure then you'd be screwed. However if the altered part of the car does not affect the part of the car being waranteed there is no way your warranty can be voided as a full. If they refuse service, ask for the manager on duty. explain to him that you need your car to be worked, on and the service is covered in the warranty. If all fails, ask him for his first and last name, given job title, the department he covers, and the store number. If hes asks why you need this information, say i wish to speak to my attorney on the matter, and he'll be in touch with you shortly.

Onto the power, problem. Have a computer diagnostics ran, try relocation the ground to a location on the frame, make sure to remove the paint between the connection as well. And have the battery checked.

One more thing, if you filled up at a gas station that was having its tanks filled why u pumped or the truck is just leaving, add some fuel additive to the tank, u might have a small amount of water residing in your fuel tank. This can cause the car to nearly or completely stall, and cause the check engine light to light up.

Hope everything works out fine for you.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

dude, just bring it to me at LakeForest Fitz Toyota
ill look at it for you
ask for Dave
Old 02-17-2006, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If any dealer refused to do warranty work you as a consumer are entitled to have the reason why they wont do the work in writting. Ask for them to put it in writting(along with managers signature)why they're refusing work. Once you get that, ask for the regional service rep's number. If they dont give it to you, just take the managers name and go online and get it. Or call another dealer in your area and they should give it to you.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks all for the reply. Dave I am going to see how it works out this weekend ( i j ust reset my ecu by disconnecting the battery ). If its still acting weird Ill bring it to you first thing monday morning. As for the fuel additive. Ill do that today and see how it goes. Also, another thing is this, I always use my cruise control ( i got a manual though ) just to keep the speed limit, and I found out that when i was usingt the cruise control the car was struggling to keep the same constant speed and rpm's. If i set it at 50 it would go to like 48 then 62 but have trouble staying at 50. I just reset my battery and I am gonna see how things work out.

Thanks All.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by kanundrum
Thanks all for the reply. Dave I am going to see how it works out this weekend ( i j ust reset my ecu by disconnecting the battery ). If its still acting weird Ill bring it to you first thing monday morning. As for the fuel additive. Ill do that today and see how it goes. Also, another thing is this, I always use my cruise control ( i got a manual though ) just to keep the speed limit, and I found out that when i was usingt the cruise control the car was struggling to keep the same constant speed and rpm's. If i set it at 50 it would go to like 48 then 62 but have trouble staying at 50. I just reset my battery and I am gonna see how things work out.

Thanks All.
not sure if reseting the ECU is going to fix the problem, but it may help
Old 02-17-2006, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Make sure the grounding is to BARE METAL not painted. If it's painted, scratch it up! It might not be getting enough contact.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I reset the battery an d everything is acting normal again. Not to sire what it was but if the problem does arise again I shall go to see dave at the dealer.