Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/)
-   -   Scion Security (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/scion-security-55273/)

Indysolara 04-11-2006 04:46 PM

Scion Security

What does this include and can you tell me if this is a good option or get a viper alarm.

7thgear 04-11-2006 11:17 PM

the oem security sucks bad. it's not sensitive at all unless you lock someone in the car and set the alarm. it doesn't make any noises when you de/activate it (which may be good or bad) and the only way you can set it off is when you bang right in the middle of the window pretty hard (as told by my dealer). So if i were you, i wouldn't get it. just my 2 cents.

SquallLHeart 04-12-2006 12:10 AM

get the viper. :wink:

Indysolara 04-12-2006 01:04 AM

Thanks for the replys and i will not get the stock alarm
thanks

SF2K4 04-12-2006 02:53 AM

For the record, if you get Scion Security from Southeaster Toyota you get a different one that most people (or so I'm told)... like, mine did come with a lock/unlock chirp, a switch to detect whether or not the hood is closed, glass sensitivity detectors, etc. It's really not a bad system at all.

jwaggz82 04-12-2006 02:56 AM

this is what you need: http://www.compustar.org/

scion_jon 04-12-2006 05:11 AM

well i got my car with the scion security alarm, but then i went out and bought a $488 viper car alarm with high high high proxy settings. u cant even walk up like 2 feet cuz the car goes off. and the fob warnes u if someone is messing with ur car beeper style. ive also bought an in car camera, i need to put a tv in the car for it to work, but i think ill do some kinda screen in my trunk

Spect2K3 04-12-2006 04:37 PM

I brought mine to the dealer b/c the sensitivity was too low. I got it turned up to 10 and it is perfect now based on sensitivity. It won't go off when the wind blows, but if its hit or the window is tapped on, it will go off for sure. I think its a good investment considering what it does and it is all part of the same key. I hate carrying around too many things on my keychain! I think it was a good investment.

scion_jon 04-13-2006 02:27 AM

i hate carrying all kinds of things on my keychain too, but all i have is the scion key my house key and the viper fob :)

05FMtC 06-14-2006 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Spect2K3
I brought mine to the dealer b/c the sensitivity was too low. I got it turned up to 10 and it is perfect now based on sensitivity. It won't go off when the wind blows, but if its hit or the window is tapped on, it will go off for sure. I think its a good investment considering what it does and it is all part of the same key. I hate carrying around too many things on my keychain! I think it was a good investment.

sorry to bring a post back from the dead...but does the scion security alarm let you adjust the sensitivity or is this another alarm?

crayonBOX 06-14-2006 06:33 AM

that may be another alarm.. possibly a karr add on..

i'd go scytek for the video version :)

SquallLHeart 06-14-2006 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by 05FMtC
sorry to bring a post back from the dead...but does the scion security alarm let you adjust the sensitivity or is this another alarm?

yes.. scion security's sensitivity can be adjusted.

Brakefade 06-14-2006 07:53 AM

The only thing that would make the oem alarm a whole lot better would be shock sensors, because it will only go off once something has already happened to your car. IMO you should get the compustar one. Comes with a pager and all. Their top level alarm's pager will work over a mile away from the car. So even if you can't get back to your car in time to catch the crook, you can at least call the police within 5 minutes of car getting broken into or jacked. This is important because the more time there is between the burglary and your call to the police, the better the odds that the crook will get away.

BTW anyone know of a place that sells add-on shock sensors for the oem alarm? This is my first new car that I've ever bought, so I was didn't know better about oem alarms, and now I'm gonna be stuck with it for a while. :loser:

bronxblaza117 06-14-2006 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart

Originally Posted by 05FMtC

yes.. scion security's sensitivity can be adjusted.

how do i adjust sensitivty?

SquallLHeart 06-14-2006 10:13 PM

there's two boxes mounted behind your glove box for the alarm.
you would probably have to remove the bolt mounting them in.
one box has a nice little sensitivity adjustment you can turn with a flathead screwdriver.

TCpete 06-15-2006 06:06 AM

have any pics od diagrams that illustrate the alarm location or what it says on the box.. i defenitely need to turn up the sensor on mines!!