Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Window door rattle when fully up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Question Window door rattle when fully up!!!

2007 Scion tC

My driver side window started to rattle about a month ago and is starting to get worse. It only rattles when the road is rough and not smooth but it's very annoying. It almost sounds like someone getting a thumb tack and constantly tapping. I haven't taken the door panel off yet but this is what I know;

- When holding the window button in the up position even when the window is fully closed the rattle/tapping sound goes away.

- When I press against the interior door panel while the rattling is occurring, it stops but as soon as I get off the door panel the rattles return.

- if the window is 3/4 open, I can press the window down about an inch and it stops from going further down. Same for when it's half way open I can pull the window up about 1 inch until it can not go any farther.

I'm not sure if it's the window regulator going out or something else but just thought I'd post up if anyone has ever had this issued solved. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know I'm late to the post.. but I do believe there is an adjustment on the window channel inside the door where you can tighten it up. I'm also wondering if you take the door apart and see what the motor is doing to the track/channel/glass frame.. could be slop in the gearing of the motor causing it to not be tight or "locking" in place. You hit the power up, it pushes it up and holds it, until you let go of the power button. Hope that could help ya even if I am a couple months late in helping!