Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   Another reason why I hate cops (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/another-reason-why-i-hate-cops-166083/)

silver_bullet05 07-05-2009 10:15 AM

Another reason why I hate cops

2 Attachment(s)
Go to make a left hand turn off the main road and get smacked by a state trooper! Yet its my fault when he came on the wrong side of the road! wtf!!!

Attachment 119039

Attachment 119040

Someone near by said they was running 80-90mph. Hit hard enough to dent passenger side. They were supposedly chasing a car... with no lights on... when there was no other car on that road for some time...

Long story short I got screwed for doing nothing. Dont know if Im goin to fix it or part it. It seems like alot of damage to try and fix unless I can find a shell. What you guys think?

Domo 07-05-2009 10:47 AM

I say its totaled..I dont see the worth in fixing that. Also I say you should fight in court and make the cop pay..just because your a cop, does not mean you did not make a dumb mistake.

SickleCell 07-05-2009 11:31 AM

P.I.T. Maneuver....epic fail lol. Rookies!

Sorry to see that.... why not take it to a collision center and submit the insurance claim.

Dakine 07-05-2009 01:11 PM

yeah i say fight it. you claim he didnt have his lights on and was not chasing a car. Iono why you would let him blame you he clearly is trying to keep himself out of fault. FIGHT IT!

pioneer1976 07-05-2009 02:14 PM

sorry to here about that, but i think your screwed. All for the fact you were turning left. Failer to yeild on a left hand turn will screw you all the time, doesnt matter if the person was cop or not they could be doing way over speed limit and it still would be your fault. I hope something works out for yah but it looks totalled.

Chrisb319 07-05-2009 03:17 PM

that is bs, call insurance, get a lawyer, just because they are cops doesn't mean their infallible.

SickleCell 07-05-2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisb319
that is bs, call insurance, get a lawyer, just because they are cops doesn't mean their infallible.

Same goes for civilian drivers.

killmequick08TC 07-05-2009 03:29 PM

Sorry man I know how you feel but I would fight it. F*** the Police! Make him pay to get you a nice new car.

ack154 07-05-2009 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by pioneer1976
sorry to here about that, but i think your screwed. All for the fact you were turning left. Failer to yeild on a left hand turn will screw you all the time, doesnt matter if the person was cop or not they could be doing way over speed limit and it still would be your fault. I hope something works out for yah but it looks totalled.

I think he did yield... but the cop took him from behind... ( :rofl: ). It appears the cop was in the other lane trying to get around on the outside and then hit him in the driver's rear.

Honestly if they cop didn't have his lights on, I don't see how they could say it was your fault... THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE LIGHTS.

juzlookzfazt 07-05-2009 04:04 PM

Court! Also.."cops" isn't a single entity. What you probably meant to say was "Another reason I hate careless jerks who become cops." No need to bash on cops in general as if they all deserve it.

jonathan110987 07-05-2009 04:18 PM

fight it!.. and there was a witness

draxcaliber 07-05-2009 04:41 PM

yeah, lawyer up and fight it. 1. cop car might have dashboard camera that shows what happened. and 2. cop should have reported that he was chasing a car to dispatch, if they don't have that on file, then he is a liar.

CXT 07-05-2009 04:52 PM

Lawyer up and take it to court.

NYNCTC 07-05-2009 04:58 PM

ya lawyer up and fight. there is no reason anyone, including a cop, should be traveling at that speed on a civilian road. If he had his lights on sure, but you said he didnt, the witness said he didnt, so he was clearly being reckless and needs to be dealt with with the proper punishment. Talk to a lawyer and go from there. Best of luck as always.

SickleCell 07-05-2009 05:05 PM

there are reasons police can pursue without lights or sirens.

tcCALI 07-05-2009 05:18 PM

^ not while going 90mph... thats putting his life and everyone else's in danger... see the outcome? thank god nobody was hurt!

AAG 07-05-2009 05:22 PM

If you had full coverage I HIGHLY recommend you using it. Pay your deductible (if the vehicle is totaled it'll be deducted from your settlement), and let your insurance company go after them for reimbursement.

Trying to deal with a government agency with an accident and getting paid is the Biggest pain the ___ (I know I deal with it on a daily basis at work).

draxcaliber 07-05-2009 05:46 PM

yeah, there are lots of reasons for police to be going on a call without their emergency lights on, BUT they are still liable for damages if they crash, especially if they don't have their emergency lights on because other cars on the road have no idea that they should be getting out of the way for the officier.

if the cop had his lights on, and the driver fails to clear the roadway for the cop, then yes, the motorist would be at fault, but that is not the case this time.

AdmirN 07-05-2009 06:07 PM

I agree with all the points that draxcaliber had said so i wont repeat them... Also glade to see you walk away from the accident with no injuries...

Chrisb319 07-05-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by SickleCell
there are reasons police can pursue without lights or sirens.

if that is the case and he was truly "on pursuit" then the police should be responsible for all damages don't they have insurance for that kind of thing? Sounds fishy to me something isn't right.