Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   Any info on how i can get a tc sooner????? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/any-info-how-i-can-get-tc-sooner-12586/)

tcDreamz 11-09-2004 11:35 PM

Any info on how i can get a tc sooner?????

i was gonna wait till june when i graduated but the more im on this site the more you bastards (no offense) make me want one right now. Does any1 know how i can get one sooner even though i have a car that i still owe about $5000 on and have nothing to put down. I go to school til 11 then go on CO-OP (kinda like work release from school) from 12 til close i make about $400 every other week. So any ideas on how to get my tc asap would be appreciated

Bakaduin 11-09-2004 11:37 PM

Become terminally ill and send a letter to the Make-a-wish foundation.

v0lc0m85 11-09-2004 11:39 PM

trade in your car maby youll get 5000 for it. have your parents co sign for you to get a tc? dont be pickey one a color youll get it faster.

MesSCIah 11-09-2004 11:45 PM

Looks to me like you got some odds stacked against ya..... good luck.....

ScummyMcOwnage 11-09-2004 11:51 PM

what about insurance? gas? oil? and all the other things you used to spend money on.

tcDreamz 11-09-2004 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by ScummyMcOwnage
what about insurance? gas? oil? and all the other things you used to spend money on.

insurance i can handle, i have a gf that will give me gas money if i really need gas, and i work at a dealership i get free oil

JustynTime 11-10-2004 03:56 AM

Dont get yourself in financial ruin!! You are still in school so you must be pretty young. Someone your age who only makes $200 a week should not be investing in a $17k+ vehicle. You never know whats going to happen. You have college coming up (you have no idea what your in for) what happens if your girlfriend gets pregnant? What happens if you lose your job? At your age career stability is non exsistant. Im 23 which is still very young and I had to do some major planning and thinking of every possible situation I could encounter before I ordered my tC and I'm still a little worried. Ive got the money but what if???? You dont want to end up getting that car repo'd you would destroy your credit before you got any. You can say that none of these things will happen and you can also be wrong. I wanted an SRT-4 and I could probably swing one but I have to be realistic as possible. I know the insurance would be insane and it's safer to stick with what I know I can afford. You shouldnt get a brand new vehicle until you are out of school and financially stable which if you are realistic you have to admit you are not. Dont rush into anything, be the smart young person that most arent. Be the exception to the rule, that young people are frivolous idiots. Unless your parents are rich.... then go out and get a couple of tC's!! I wish you good luck but try to remember that if you want something bad enough you can convince yourself that its the right choice but you know deep down that its not.

tCholleration 11-10-2004 04:00 AM

geez... the pros and cons.

i'm only 19, and i pay for my own car. i'm a full time student and i only work part time, yet i can still afford it.

if the person wants the car so bad and believes that they can handle it, more to them.

The_Rupp 11-10-2004 06:51 AM

Sexual favors.

ScummyMcOwnage 11-10-2004 11:58 AM

I am 20, I make around $3000 a month, and I am still having worries about it, no matter how much I analyzed it before I bought it. I highly advise you purchase gap coverage from your dealer if you decide to purchase. Start saving your money now too. Make sure you have a decent amount of money to trade in with. Find out the trade in value of your truck to see how much you will get from it and the difference between that and what you owe.

Math is your best friend. Seriously.

tcDreamz 11-10-2004 03:03 PM

i have a good job i can afford the car but my option is get it now with a higher monthly payment or wait till im full time at my job again when i graduate and i have more money to put down so i have a lower payment, in the end im still gonna be paying 16,469 , at my job when i was full time in the summer i was makin 800 every other week. i would rather get the tc and trade in my car now b/c the longer i wait the less they will give me b/c of the mileage. i owe 5k on my car im gonna try to get them to give me close to 4k for my car and have about a 2k down payment well 2.5k with the 500 deposit to order my tc ive been talkin to some ppl at work and my mom and i can pull it off. ill have money to pay for the car,insurance,gas with not much to spare until im full time again

therotman 11-10-2004 03:08 PM

tcDreamz 11-10-2004 03:33 PM

now if i do something that dumb i would miss out on all that graduation money. not to mention i wouldnt call where i go school i go there we have 1/2 hour newspaper time, then we do 1 academic class a day go to lunch then instead of going to my votech class (automotive technology) i go to work an extension of school which counts towards my votech grade and to top it off i get paid. so i will not do something stupid such as drop out and jeopardize my entire future but thanks for the sarcastic suggestion

blackpearlTC 11-10-2004 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by tCholleration
geez... the pros and cons.

i'm only 19, and i pay for my own car. i'm a full time student and i only work part time, yet i can still afford it.

if the person wants the car so bad and believes that they can handle it, more to them.

you must still live at home. but i agree, if he wants one that bad, it's his mistake to make. i mean choice.
oh, i still live at home too....

....but i own it :wink:

ScummyMcOwnage 11-10-2004 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by tcDreamz
i have a good job i can afford the car but my option is get it now with a higher monthly payment or wait till im full time at my job again when i graduate and i have more money to put down so i have a lower payment, in the end im still gonna be paying 16,469 , at my job when i was full time in the summer i was makin 800 every other week. i would rather get the tc and trade in my car now b/c the longer i wait the less they will give me b/c of the mileage. i owe 5k on my car im gonna try to get them to give me close to 4k for my car and have about a 2k down payment well 2.5k with the 500 deposit to order my tc ive been talkin to some ppl at work and my mom and i can pull it off. ill have money to pay for the car,insurance,gas with not much to spare until im full time again

doe's your mom think it is a good idea? mom's normally have some really good advice to give if you listen.

zach 11-10-2004 05:30 PM

I agree with the sexual favors idea.

lootyman 11-10-2004 05:47 PM

i wanna work. i need gas money.

MesSCIah 11-10-2004 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by lootyman
i wanna meet your girlfriend. i need gas money.

......and sexual favors.......

JustynTime 11-10-2004 06:35 PM

Well if you get $4k for your trade and owe $5k and you put down $2k plus your $500 dposit your looking at around $328 a months for 60 moonths based on a finance rate of 5.4%. The only way you will get the 5.4% is if your credit score is between 650 - 689. Due to your age I dont see how it could be in that range so youll have to have your parents co-sign. Do your parents have a good credit rating? Like the other dude said math is your friend.

Your going to be financing $16,689 after freight charges, financing charges and tags tax and title. and thats if your states sales tax is 5% which it most likely is not..

I'll help you with a real world quote.

Whats your zip?
Whats your desired finance term?
What is your or your parents approx credit score?
What is your states sales tax rate?

Mudd 11-10-2004 08:35 PM

Buy mine. I am really really wanting an IS300 now, so I'll probably sell the tC in the next few months for it, unless my wife wants to drive it.