Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: What should I do about my tC?
Keep it, dummy!
52.94%
Trade in for xB.
29.41%
Trade in for Honda Fit.
0%
Trade in for something else.
0%
Stop your whining...
17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Any parents with a tC? xB?

Old 10-27-2006, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the xB. However it is the RS3.0 which has the headrest monitors and DVD player. She is only 7 months old now. But when she gets older she will be styling watching DVDs in the back. Almost got a STI which would be impractical at best for a family car.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by superemu
I don't understand... are your kids giants?
4 grown adults fit fine on a tC with bags and stuff, why can't 1 or 2 small kids not fit in the tC?
Because kids need to be in child seats and it's not easy to move them in and out of the back of a 2-door vehicle. Once they can move on their own it changes things considerably.

Since you have the second car, I'd say try to make it work for as long as possible, just for the sake of the loan, etc. If you decide to trade it, I would highly recommend the xB. Such great room for the kids. I don't get kicked in the back of the seat in the xB, unlike the Grand Caravan. You'd think there'd be more space in that big jellybean. Also, the kids LOVE that they can roll their windows down. Carseats are a breeze too, with the high open access. I think there was only one car with more legroom and that's out of all the classes.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:34 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bite the bullet and get a

Sometimes I pick up my nephew and takes so much time to strap him in the back and since he's getting heavier everyday, it gives me back pain at times. That's not counting the head ache I get when my head bangs on the door frame.

The tC also has a small trunk. You're going to be lugging around diaper bags and a stroller. It's going to be a tight fit.

When we have our first kid, I may have to trade my tC in and probably get a 4cyl Camry. I'd like the V6 but with a kid, I'd like to have less temptation to drive faster.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:54 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or I may just go with something like this:

I wouldn't want to drive my newborn around in a pepsi can econobox. I'd like my family to survive an accident. The 'rados are fairly low to the ground relative to other full size trucks so it's less prone to roll overs. They have great room in the back seats and I have all the room I want in the bed. Just put a tonneau cover or a camper shell and just toss all the baby stuff back there.

It'll suck up more gas, but no one ever said having kids was cheap. Extra gas expense is worth every penny to avoid this:

Old 10-28-2006, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sure those pics look bad at first but if you look at the seats, they've hardly even moved despite the heavy damage to the cargo area. Most likely got into that condition cuz someone hit it with an oversized truck anyway...