Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Anyone find any Hidden Features?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Anyone find any Hidden Features?

Anyone find any secret or hidden features in their tC yet?

I've been playing with the remote and the instrument panel but haven't found a thing!

In my previous cars there was always some hidden little trick.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-13-2018 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr. Badge
Old 07-31-2004, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I wouldn't say I found anything 'secret'.. But I love the whole process of finding new things that you didn't know your car could do..

Like tonight, after I had all my accessories put into my new tC, I discovered that it had tilt steering.. I was rather surprised..

I know, that's silly.. But it made me happy nontheless!
Old 07-31-2004, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i'll list all that i can remember:
-headlights turn off atuomatically once car is turned off and door is opened
-hold the mode button i think it is to make a customizable message

hmm, i know there's more, but i can't think of any right now.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't realize it had a rear dome light for almost a week. It was turned off when I got my car. Now it's on "door" so it comes on when I unlock it with the remot or when the door's open.

I also realized I can turn the instrument illumination all the way off, "stealth mode", for late-night bombing runs .
Old 07-31-2004, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha, bombing runs, that's a good one. now how does this rear dome light work? i have my lights on "door" also, and the only light comes from the front area.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you need to have both of the dome lights set to "door".. if this still isnt making the rear dome light come on, then most likely your dealer didnt install a fuse or something.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

i realized the windows and sunroof are still powered after turning off your car, until you open a door.. am i right?
Old 07-31-2004, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC562
i realized the windows and sunroof are still powered after turning off your car, until you open a door.. am i right?
30 seconds or when a door is opened.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Along with all those cool things you guys and gals have found on your tC's dont forget to check the cargo compartment. Back there you will find that you have an extra cargo compartment light on the side. Also check in your back seat on the side walls down by the knees and you will see that the tC has some conveniently placed hooks for your milk containers and grocery bags. And last but not least aside from the fact that you can customize your welcome screen on your radios(my favorite) you also have that cool little button in your glove box that monitors your tire pressure. That way you will never have to guess when to re-inflate your tires. It will come on your dash when it is time to air up your tires and after you just hold down the set button and you'll be good to go. This tC business is totally Cool!!!
Old 07-31-2004, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't own a tC just yet and I think I heard that there may be a storage tray under the front passenger seat. True?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-13-2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr. Badge
Old 07-31-2004, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't forget about the "social space". Remove the headrests and slide the front seats forward. Next. recline them all the way back. You will notice that they just fit to the back seat. You can now crawl into the back seat and recline it and have a complete lounge seat. Its quite comfortable. What you do with your social space is totally up to you.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well this is one is lame:

If someone is sitting on your passenger seat and doesnt fasten his seatbelt the warning light comes on
If no one is sitting, the light doesnt come on.

Now, since i always have my backpack on that seat, it's always on =\
Old 07-31-2004, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Enkidu
Well this is one is lame:

If someone is sitting on your passenger seat and doesnt fasten his seatbelt the warning light comes on
If no one is sitting, the light doesnt come on.

Now, since i always have my backpack on that seat, it's always on =\
thats funny, try putting it on the floor, the car's new enough where the ground should be clean enough, and if it isn't clean it!!
Old 07-31-2004, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't have my tC yet, but I read something in another post about how there's some kind of an air filtration system? I guess there's some kind of an area for a filter in the glove box? The other post I read said you have to buy your own filter, though. I can't wait to find out more about this. Living in Arizona, I'd love something to filter out all the dust that gets everywhere.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Dana278
I don't have my tC yet, but I read something in another post about how there's some kind of an air filtration system? I guess there's some kind of an area for a filter in the glove box? The other post I read said you have to buy your own filter, though. I can't wait to find out more about this. Living in Arizona, I'd love something to filter out all the dust that gets everywhere.
i dont have one either but id guess that if your dealer's helpful they might point u in the right direction, as for the dust dont get black!
Old 07-31-2004, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcwannab
i dont have one either but id guess that if your dealer's helpful they might point u in the right direction, as for the dust dont get black!
Yeah I have a list of questions all ready to ask this week when my car comes in. Including the helpful tip I read here about checking tire pressures.

And yeah, I learned my lesson once with a black car in Arizona. Never again! :lol My brother has a black Camaro that he's obsessive about, he's over here washing it every week.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

This one may have been obvious to some but . . .

There is an extra 12v power outlet in the center storage compartment (armrest area). As there is a cigarette lighter up front, it came as a bit of a surprise to me.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics

more and more vehicles it seems are putting extra 12v outlets in vehicles besides the ciggarette lighter.......my grandfathers H2 has like 4 extra ones or something besides the lighter its ridiculous.......i was thinking what the heck would you need 4 extra ones for...but you never know i guess
Old 07-31-2004, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phillytc
.......i was thinking what the heck would you need 4 extra ones for...but you never know i guess
The family that chain smokes together, stays together. LOL
Old 07-31-2004, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phillytc
more and more vehicles it seems are putting extra 12v outlets in vehicles besides the ciggarette lighter.......my grandfathers H2 has like 4 extra ones or something besides the lighter its ridiculous.......i was thinking what the heck would you need 4 extra ones for...but you never know i guess
thats for when you have a portable blender, portable microwave, portable stove and portable fridge, duh! lol jk. maybe its for when you have kids with cd players and portable games. also usually radar detectors use those plugs and of course cell phone chargers.

Quick Reply: Anyone find any Hidden Features?