Anyone find any Hidden Features?

Old 08-02-2004, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TylorWeaver
Hey everyone go try this now!

i've known this since the day I had my scion..

Press and hold the feel/hear/neutral button for like 3 seconds, and it says XA or XB, and u can change it.

come to find out, it changes the harmonics of the stereo to match the interior shape..

I noticed it alot when I had it on a videotape, it sounds VERY different on video, nothing major in person though..

Just a neat little feature I discovered...hehe

LATE.

-Tylor

That makes sense since the same h/u goes in both cars...I actually liked the xA setting better....do the 05's also have a tC option on theirs?

~wC
Old 08-02-2004, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Will C
That makes sense since the same h/u goes in both cars...I actually liked the xA setting better....do the 05's also have a tC option on theirs?

~wC
Yup. xA, xB or tC. I think mine is set to xA. I heard it sounds the best and I found that to be correct.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JasonH
Originally Posted by Will C

~wC
Yup. xA, xB or tC. I think mine is set to xA. I heard it sounds the best and I found that to be correct.

huh?
Old 08-02-2004, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TylorWeaver
Hey everyone go try this now!

i've known this since the day I had my scion..

Press and hold the feel/hear/neutral button for like 3 seconds, and it says XA or XB, and u can change it.

come to find out, it changes the harmonics of the stereo to match the interior shape..

I noticed it alot when I had it on a videotape, it sounds VERY different on video, nothing major in person though..

Just a neat little feature I discovered...hehe

LATE.

-Tylor
Old 08-02-2004, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member

Also one thing that nobody has mentioned is the little light on the Hot/Cold **** turns from red to blue. red being hot blue being cold.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Bright Light

Does anyone know how to shut off the light in the space under the AC and stereo controls? Or do I need to paint the bugger blue or something?
Old 08-02-2004, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Bright Light

Originally Posted by olarmyone
Does anyone know how to shut off the light in the space under the AC and stereo controls? Or do I need to paint the bugger blue or something?
I think that little light is pretty cool. its where I put my cell phone, and since its not dark in there, I never forget it like I usually do.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member

you shut off you lights and it will turn off.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCBlakeslee
Also one thing that nobody has mentioned is the little light on the Hot/Cold **** turns from red to blue. red being hot blue being cold.
Thanks for mentioning that. I saw a night time pic where the temp **** had a blue light and I started to wonder if it changed to red for hot. One question though, is the change gradual (does it turn purpleish in the middle), or does it suddenly go from blue to red?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I took a blue gel that they use for stage spotlights, cut a rectangular piece and taped it on the top of the opening - you can't see it, but the light is blue now and way less intrusive.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I removed my center console that bulb fell behind it... then i brought it back. It takes u maybe 4 minutes to take the console apart, push the bulb back, and put the console back together. There is a thread on how to take it apart.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Portablecow
Thanks for mentioning that. I saw a night time pic where the temp **** had a blue light and I started to wonder if it changed to red for hot. One question though, is the change gradual (does it turn purpleish in the middle), or does it suddenly go from blue to red?
Yeah, it's gradual. It actually goes to amber in the middle. So towards the red side you get a red/amber mix, towards the blue side you get blue/amber.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JasonH
Originally Posted by Portablecow
Yeah, it's gradual. It actually goes to amber in the middle. So towards the red side you get a red/amber mix, towards the blue side you get blue/amber.
Just a reminder that your light switch has to be on for this blue/amber/red to show.

Kevin
Old 08-02-2004, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from the manual,

if the turn light indicator flashes faster than normal, it indicats that one of turn light bulb is not working, i.e. burned out
Old 08-02-2004, 05:53 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone see the Simpsons episode where Homer buys a bazillion 12v accessories for his car? He's watching a cooking show and cooking hushpuppies in his deepfryer. The hush puppy burns his mouth and he rolls the window down to spit it out and realizes he's driving down the pier. In his panic to react, he grabs a sheet of paper and writes S.O.S. on it, sticks it in his fax machine and screams "transmit! Transmit!" as he sinks.

DOH![/quote]

then he sayz you navy rejects are all right lmao
Old 08-02-2004, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well i'll list all that i can remember:
-headlights turn off atuomatically once car is turned off and door is opened
-hold the mode button i think it is to make a customizable message

I am not sure how you are saying to make a cuzomizable message. I dont see the mode button. The only mode button I see is the one for my a/c. I am a little confused. Can you explain more. :?:
Old 08-02-2004, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, the mode button is the one where you choose what you want your Bass, Treble, FAD, and Balance to be. it's a circular button, towards the left hand side right above the mute button on the radio.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok I will look at that when I get in my car after work. I was trying to figure it out all day Sunday. :oops:
Old 08-02-2004, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CaliSciontCGirl
well i'll list all that i can remember:
-headlights turn off atuomatically once car is turned off and door is opened
-hold the mode button i think it is to make a customizable message

I am not sure how you are saying to make a cuzomizable message. I dont see the mode button. The only mode button I see is the one for my a/c. I am a little confused. Can you explain more. :?:
The directions are in the separate audio manual that came with your tC. I customized mine. Rather neat as message stays on for about 10 seconds.

Kevin
Old 08-02-2004, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

you shut off you lights and it will turn off.
No you didn't :D

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone find any Hidden Features?