Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   ASquared150's thread: UPDATE PAGE 4: 1st Autocross! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/asquared150s-thread-update-page-4-1st-autocross-182932/)

ASquared150 06-14-2011 04:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So last weekend I finally got out to my FIRST autocross and had a ____in BLAST.

A friend of mine has been autocrossing with her dad for a few years with his Corvette club - North Shore Corvette Club. They accept non-members at their events (for a slightly larger fee) so another friend and I came along this time. I got to take my wheels and tires back home because the autocross was two hours away in South Bend, Indiana at the Tire Rack's test track.

Obviously I was in my tC, and my friend who also came along was using his dad's 2.0L Turbo Volkswagen Eos. The friend who invited us drove her dad's '94 Corvette. There were 'Vettes there from the 80's all the way through this year's Z06.

The Eos and I, this being our first autocross, were put in the novice class with 9 other Corvettes. Long story short, we won our class.

My friend in the Eos put up a 63.6 as his fastest and I did a 63.9. But thanks to SCCA indexes he was in G Stock while I was in H Stock so my indexed time beat him by 2 tenths of a second. We're calling it a tie haha. Our friend in the Corvette put up a 65 as her fastest so she had to buy us dinner last night.

Sadly I didn't get any pictures of the two little foreign cars with all the corvettes but my friend took some of me on the track - which I will post the map of when I find it again.

I just think it's great that some of these Corvettes were running in the middle 50's (on one end - on the other some were running middle 80's haha), but the two least powerful cars there won out the novice class. It did take a little while to break free of the habits of daily road driving, so I guess the rest of our class just couldn't break free of theirs.

So my friend and I got trophies for 1st and 2nd in Novice. The friend who invited us got a trophy for 1st in Ladies and her dad got a trophy for 3rd amongst the C4 Corvettes. Good day.

#45:
Attachment 56524

Attachment 56525

Here's the map:
Attachment 56526

10gxiong 06-14-2011 06:20 PM

Looks fun. I wish I could go acrossing, don't have the money for it though.

extrem344 07-06-2011 03:57 AM

Whats up man, love ur FM, one thing though, if u wanna go lower, smaller tires and get camber links =D

tC-S08 07-06-2011 09:43 AM

That looks fun as heck, and congrats on the trophies

twitchion 07-07-2011 03:24 AM

i really like your tailights man. actually the whole car.
but i have a set of rs3's i'm willing to sell. one is kinda messed up, but yeah.
how do you llike the trd exaust?

ASquared150 07-28-2011 08:43 AM

Twitchion - How's it messed up?
The TRD exhuast is awesome. I've never heard any of the other aftermarket options for the tC's exhaust, but I know I'd never want anything else. The TRD is tame when you want it to be - with a nice rumble at idle. But when you get aggressive, it does too. It's a really great sound. Low and grumbly and not ricey.

twitchion 07-28-2011 09:25 PM

you just sold me on getting the trd. thank you lol.
and for the tailights, the passenger side, some water got into the housing and fried the bottom row of leds, some of the 2nd row are a little f'dd too. and some of the paint/coating on the inside is flaky too. the previous owner drilled holes along the bottom i guess too drain the water. the driver side is in perfect condition though

ASquared150 05-15-2013 03:37 AM

Hey guys. Been a while since I was last here. I'm looking into trading up to a new VW GLI and as such am going back to stock. I'm parting out almost everything on the car (Injen CAI is staying on I think.)

I posted a thread in the PPCs with everything listed/priced just to gauge interest. The parts are currently still on the car so I just want to know if people might be interested for now.

Thanks guys.