Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   Brake Pad Question (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/brake-pad-question-226618/)

ColonelSanders85 02-06-2014 04:11 AM

Brake Pad Question

Ok so I have had the TRD big brake kit on my 2007 TC for a while now and I need to change the brake pads, fluid, etc...

My question is, do the OEM size pads fit the TRD BBK? I was going to order some EBC Greenstuff pads, but I want to make sure I'm ordering the right size. I don't want to end up with pads that dont fit. Please help if you know the answer to this, thanks.

draxcaliber 02-06-2014 04:53 AM

I'd call and ask a dealership like TRD sparks. When you bought the kit, the pads weren't in a separate box with their own part number on them?

ColonelSanders85 02-06-2014 05:40 AM

I bought the kit used from another member here on the forums. The pads were already in the calipers. TRDsparks sells new TRD pads but I don't want those (that's what I have now) because the brake dust is absolutely horrendous. I called the service department at my local dealership and the technician says the OEM size pads will fit but he didn't sound very sure of himself and sounded like he just wanted to get me off the phone, so I figured I'd try the SL forums. I'm pretty sure they will fit but I don't want to order them from EBC only to find out that I have to send them back.

draxcaliber 02-06-2014 12:08 PM

Okay, but I'm pretty confident if you called or emailed TRD sparks, they'd be able to tell you what the replacement part number is. That or pop them out and look at them.

ColonelSanders85 02-26-2014 02:45 AM

Ok so I called my local Scion/Toyota dealer, and I even called TRD USA. They all told me that it was "proprietary information" and that they could not give me the size of the brake pads. I told them that I didn't want any secret information or trade secrets, I simply wanted the measurements to the pads and they would not give them to me. Ridiculous. If any body has the measurements please let me know

draxcaliber 02-26-2014 12:59 PM

Call TRD Sparks and ask for the part number for the brake pads.

TotalChaos 02-26-2014 03:59 PM

TRDSparks website shows them as different pads. The OEM size high performance brake pads does not share the same part number as the pads made specifically for the BBK. You might be stuck using only TRD pads. Do you know who actually manufactured the TRD BBK? Maybe hit them up and see what will work.

TotalChaos 02-26-2014 04:00 PM

p/n PTR09-52096
TRD Brake Pads for Performance Brake Kit

From TRDSparks

ColonelSanders85 02-26-2014 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by TotalChaos (Post 4142114)
TRDSparks website shows them as different pads. The OEM size high performance brake pads does not share the same part number as the pads made specifically for the BBK. You might be stuck using only TRD pads. Do you know who actually manufactured the TRD BBK? Maybe hit them up and see what will work.

I think StopTech makes them. Yes thanks for the part number, I already have that, but what I don't have is the dimensions of the pads.

EBC, Hawk, etc... all have upgraded pads that I can use but none of them seem to know what size fits the TRD BBK.

The azzholes over TRD refuse to give me the dimensions of the pads even though I have the part number. I want to get some EBC Redstuff, but I just need the dimensions.