Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   A/C noises? What's the Problem? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/c-noises-whats-problem-30591/)

Complication 07-21-2005 06:31 PM

A/C noises? What's the Problem?

Well, I just got back from a Backpacking trip, took the tC up the SC side of the Smokies. It was great fun, the tC handles really well in the turns... :wink:... the drive back was great as well...but, when I got in my car this morning, I noticed that the A/C fan had gotten a lot louder
and was sounding like it was loose or grinding against something. I am not liking what I am hearing, we did use it a lot on during the trip had it on its coldest setting for long periods of time, but I tried to veriate it every once in a while so as not to stress it out, but it seems like I failed in doing so.

:cry: :cry:

_____

fearturtle44 07-21-2005 06:33 PM

Sounds like a warranty trip to your Scion dealer/service center. I have not read about this problem so far. And with it being a new car, I doubt it will be "major".

Good luck.

Kevin

pitajai61 07-21-2005 06:39 PM

hello

i mean i hear the noise from my car too, but not as serious as yours...check it out in the service center, and dont worry it can't be anything"major" :tap:

XEPHON 07-21-2005 07:04 PM

I started getting that noise too, my tC is not even two months old yet. I guess I'll make use of the Warranty by complaining and have them fix it.
Since I'm not the only person and I'll use this thread as proof, they'll definitely fix our A/Cs. Then I can get a free car wash too :P .

____

Juggalo79 07-21-2005 07:55 PM

I have and still have issues with my A/C fan kicks on and off but compressor is always on and only gets cold in 5 minute spurts then back to hot air.
Brought it to dealer because I found a TSB on in, got it back and its worse. if they don't get it right this time I'll fix it and send them the bill.

I'm ASE Certified.

____

scoobyroo2002 07-21-2005 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Juggalo79
i have and still have issues with my a/c ac fan fan kicks on and off but compresser is always on and only gets cold in 5 minute spurts then back to hot air. brought it to dealer because i found a tsb on in, got it back and its worse. if they dont get it right this time i'll fix it and send thme the bill. im ase certified.

You may be ASE Certified..but if they find out you did it work on your A/C..you just said bye bye to your warranty. But i can understand your frustration, My A/C Takes a but to get cold it's annoying.

Complication 07-22-2005 03:29 AM

Yaknow, I was feeling good about my tC, I hadn't found hardly any problems untill now... they seem to keep comming and comming...

dano9258 07-22-2005 03:48 AM

Why are there so many A/C problems?

I drive a 01' Corolla and its great (too cold actually).

teksno 07-22-2005 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyroo2002

Originally Posted by Juggalo79
i have and still have issues with my a/c ac fan fan kicks on and off but compresser is always on and only gets cold in 5 minute spurts then back to hot air. brought it to dealer because i found a tsb on in, got it back and its worse. if they dont get it right this time i'll fix it and send thme the bill. im ase certified.

You may be ASE Certified..but if they find out you did it work on your A/C..you just said bye bye to your warranty. But i can understand your frustration, My A/C Takes a but to get cold it's annoying.

actually if you have a problem that is covered under warenty, and the dealer fails to provide a propper fix with in 30 days, you can go to a third party, or do it yourself. and scion will pay. its called emergency reapirs. look it up. its a fairly standard deal. it also comes into effect if your car has a warenty problem and there isnt a certified dealership around...

scoobyroo2002 07-22-2005 04:44 AM

really? Hmmm