Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Car Broken into for the SNS or Radar..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got the DEI Python 990 with 1 mile radius paging. It's awesome. Sorry to hear about the break in. They were probably looking to pop your trunk when they pulled the gas cap door. Anyone breaking into a tC should know to bring a 10mm nut driver, wire cutters and a Phillips head. I'm no thief but I've done many installs in many vehicles this one screams steal me. It would take me less than 3 mins to have all of the previously mentioned items. Get dark window tint, windshield strip, 5% over the factory sunroof (or close sunroof covers) and close the radio door. Out of sight, out of mind. I hated repairing stolen radio cars when I worked at Circuit City. These types of crimes are mostly opportunistic, not planned. Unless of course, it's someone you know... Fingerprint the waterfall FTW. Good luck on finding the a-hole.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-20-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um i would recomend any autopage alarm but u wana make sure u get the shock sensor for the glass and the back up battery i had somone one try to break into my car the other day and the alarm went off and they ran they thought if they cut my battery my alarm would be disabled not the casee this is a good one ill find the recipt and let you no what model number i have but here is one i found http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside....4-387149738215 but if u get one be sure and call ur insurance for the rebate i got 180 dollars back
Old 09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yeah, if fogot to mention the battery backup. good call
Old 09-22-2009, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by theo89
um i would recomend any autopage alarm but u wana make sure u get the shock sensor for the glass and the back up battery i had somone one try to break into my car the other day and the alarm went off and they ran they thought if they cut my battery my alarm would be disabled not the casee this is a good one ill find the receipts and let you no what model number i have but here is one i found http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside....4-387149738215 but if u get one be sure and call ur insurance for the rebate i got 180 dollars back
I would have to carry the remote on my keys? What goes off when someones trys to break in your car? The remote or ? Also what insurance do you have since they had given you the discount?

I just want a pretty decent 400-600 alarm that has a shock sensor for my windows, back up battery incase they try to discount my battery, and the other usual stuff that alarms come with... Now i dont want an alarm that will go off when some ricer passes by my car with his lound exhaust and makes it go off (espically when im parked in a garage).
Old 09-22-2009, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also does anyone know where i would be able to get a replacment Window with all the parts. I know TRDsparks has them, but not sure if everything comes with it. Also if anyone has pictures of there window just so i could get an image of how it fits. THX
Old 09-22-2009, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, you would have to carry the remote with your keys. It's a small pager with an LCD screen that displays on the screen the break in. Mine, displays if it was a slight bump to the car or if it was a door being opened. It also has a siren built into the pager but u can disable that and it also vibrates. As for the alarm going of when a ricer passes with his loud exhaust it will happen if the alarm sensitivity is set high. On my alarm module u can adjust that to your liking. Once again sorry but I don't know my autopage model number. I'm deployed in Iraq right now so I have no way of checking. Hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPDATE:
Just went up to the dealership, and asked them why didn't my alarm go off after my window was broken. Spoke to the manager, and pulled up some information on what they had installed on my car. After a while he finally found all the papers of what they had installed on my car when i had bought it form them. Made an appointment to dope the car off Thursday morning.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

what do you mean are you gona get a better alarm?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dunno yet, they are going to take a look at it and try to figure out why didnt my alarm go off when they broke the window.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um no my auto page was 180 plus instal i mean it has some false alarms like when someone comes by slaming theres sytem right by my car its gona shake the car and make the alarm go off i have autoowners but my buddy has alstate and he got a rebate to i looked on my recipt for the alarm it was 230 instaled and i love it it works great the keyy will vibrate in your pockett and u can actualy set it up with some peace where they call you and ask if everythings ok and if u need the police i dont have this but i no its avaliable
Old 09-23-2009, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

They might not have had the sensitivity turned up enough. After I brought my tC home I went in a turned it to max, a small tap on the hatch will set mine off. Also, I dunno if its still in the papers, but for mine it says Scion will give you like $1k if ur car gets broken into and the alarm doesn't go off One thing I hate about the SNS is it gets rid of the radio door if you install it factory style.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-20-2017 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gjpjr84- Do you know what model number you have? Do you just order it off there website? Also does that mean i would have 2 remotes to lock and unlock my car door?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um i dont no my exact model number but no u will have 1 remotee and a keyy to start your carr so if u call that 2 remotes then yess and i called the place i got mine done and they said they dont make my model anymore um the one i posted has the shock sensor i belive i google autopage alarm with shock sensor your best bet is to find a car shop and they will be able to help ya just make sure u say u want a one with a back up batery and shock senser
Old 09-23-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they probably thought u had gas in ur tank so they maybe wanted to suck the gas out of ur car. frikken thieves, cant even afford a tank of gas. hahah. imagine random people running around at night with buckets or waterbottles full of gasoline.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haa ya man there are some desperite people out there man a alarm will solve that be sure to put the sticker on the car cuz people will walk up to ur car and see a viper alarm sticker there not gona ____ around lol
Old 09-23-2009, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jeremydoc
imagine random people running around at night with buckets or waterbottles full of gasoline.
Sounds like a party. i'll have a lit cigarette waiting for them.

Sorry to hear about the car being broken into. It appears you don't have the door on the waterfall to close over the head unit? I'd think if you had it on/closed it'd help deter thieves. I got the darkest legal tint to keep prying eyes from my car. I went with 5% in the hatch/rear sides because I often have expensive electronic equipment in the back. With my 115lumens led flashlight I can't see though the window at night. Unfortunately 35% was the darkest legal for the front. I've learned my lesson with previous cars to keep the tint legal despite the fact i have built in night vision because my mom's a B****.

Alarm wise, it's disappointing to see the "Scion Security" is that weak. I'm going to try and mess with mine tomorrow and look into the manual to see if there are any ways to adjust the sensitivity as there are with aftermarket alarms.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jeremydoc
they probably thought u had gas in ur tank so they maybe wanted to suck the gas out of ur car. frikken thieves, cant even afford a tank of gas. hahah. imagine random people running around at night with buckets or waterbottles full of gasoline.
Believe it or not, this was actually a problem here in Cali back when gas almost hit $5/gallon. Locking gas caps were flying off the shelves at stores everywhere because people were siphoning other peoples gas.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had the Scion Security stickers but when i got my window tints, those M* never but them back on and called up the next day asking for them but they had thrown them away.

My light was on when i got home that night so if they really got to it, they would of only had 1.5gs of gas to take.

As for the door over my radio, the dealer didn't put that in. The SNS would of had to sit back a little for it to have enough space so the door could close. I have 35% window tints n the front which is legal here in Missouri and 15% in the back.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-20-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-23-2009, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JahJosef
Sounds like a party. i'll have a lit cigarette waiting for them.
Alarm wise, it's disappointing to see the "Scion Security" is that weak. I'm going to try and mess with mine tomorrow and look into the manual to see if there are any ways to adjust the sensitivity as there are with aftermarket alarms.
Make sure you check if your shock sensors on your windows work, I believe if you just tap the middle of the window with the tip of your key it should set it off.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shortbusxb
Believe it or not, this was actually a problem here in Cali back when gas almost hit $5/gallon. Locking gas caps were flying off the shelves at stores everywhere because people were siphoning other peoples gas.
I live in SoCal, here in the South Bay. I remember when gas prices were that high. but I was lucky, cuz I didn't drive then. haha, i got my license right when gas prices were going down.
I guess I just never hear people sucking the gas out of cars, probably cuz of where i live, people aren't so desperate. lol

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-07-2020 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge

Quick Reply: Car Broken into for the SNS or Radar..