2005-2010 [ANT10]

Car Broken into for the SNS or Radar..

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have a Viper 771xv

It has saved my car's a$$ quite a few times when I lived in the hood.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-07-2020 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 09-24-2009, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IDK man Scion Security is nothing like Viper or Autopage dude maybe they think Scion Security is factory lol

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-07-2020 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 09-24-2009, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by theo89
idk man scion security is nothing like viper or autopage dude maybe they think scion security is factory lol
Hehe probably man... But tmw morning im dropping the car off so they can check it out. Cant wait to hear what they have to say and what there going to do for me. I dont even feel safe anymore with it, cant wait to upgrade to a better system...
Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just got home from the dealership. As i go and pick up my car around 12:30 the services manager told me that when my car had gotten there, he made the alarm go off by tapping the window with the key. I believe that that is a lie, if that is true then i would of heard the alarm and im pretty sure no thief would sit there n still try to break in with the alarm going off for 90 secs. So he told me he had his technician set the sensor level from 6 to 8. Which is pointless because when the window gets broken no matter what the level the sensor is on the alarm should go off. So i ask him "Am i able to adjust the sensor myself?" he says "No you cant, only 5 dealerships in the area are able to do that". So I get told all BS from this guy, and my friend starts asking him questions and he asks him "are you the owner of this vehicle?" My friend replays "no" and then he says ok i have no business dealing with you. But anyway he told me i should get my lawyer and call the corp. and what not thinking his is some tough s*** that knows his right. So I leave ____ed off, get my keys and go out to my car n try to tap on my window with my key. I was afraid to tap it even harder so I go inside and his him to come and do it for me. He gets his technician to come out and do it. He does it and it goes off. So while this guy pretty cool I ask him the same question am i able to adjust the sensor of the windows myself? He says yeah of course you can and shows me where the sensor adjuster is at and everything. So basically the service manager told me a LIE in front of my face over something so small.

Call Scion Corp. and explain to them everything and she tells me that no matter what if the alarm goes off when you trigger it by opening the door from the inside it will work when you break the window and is talking the dealers word for it. So basically im screwed again. She tells me if i go to a diff dealership and get a different story from them, then they will investigate.

So me and my friend go to a different dealership and talk the service guy behind the counter and he tells us that the alarm should of went off no matter what the level it was on. Basically he tells us the opposite from what the 1st dealer had told me and since he is not the service manager he cant really do anything about it and gave me his managers business card so i can give him a call.

Story Highlights:
-Get screwed and told ____ off by the service manager when i go and pick up my car
-Technician tells me i can adjust my own sensitivity to the alarm when the Service Manager lied to my face
-Call Scion corp. and tell me there going to take the dealerships word for it unless i go to a different dealership and they tell me something different.
-Scion Corp. also tells me that if the alarm works when the door is opened from the inside that its 100% going to work with the window broken so i must of not heard the alarm for the 90 secs.
-Go to a different dealership and hear a whole different story but cant do nothing about it because the service manager is not there
Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should totally do a DIY on how to adjust the sensor! I've tapped on my window, and the alarm doesn't go off. I'd love to adjust it to make it more sensitive.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a thread on how to set the sensitivity yourself. Its normally on the passenger side underneath and to the right the glovebox next to the ECU. Its a black box and on one side there's a hole and it has numbered markings on it from 1 to 10/11. I set mine to 11 within the first few months of getting my car

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-20-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-24-2009, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^exactly what gjpjr84 said. Right next to the ECU behind the glove box, and the Service Manager would not even admit that. I'm thinking about going back up there and just telling him is one of the biggest liars out here.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-07-2020 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 09-25-2009, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  alarmbox.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  30.1 KB
Old 09-25-2009, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish knew about this 6 days ago. But i hope everyone with the Scion Security system can get something out of this post before they get to their car.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-20-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-25-2009, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is it in the same location on the gen1 xB's as well? And is it just a dial **** you turn to increase the sensitivity?