Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   Dealer said I could get A "Free Gift" (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/dealer-said-i-could-get-free-gift-123599/)

deadtoaster2 12-30-2007 12:11 AM

Dealer said I could get A "Free Gift"

So i went and checked out the tC again today and once we were talking pricing i asked if they could throw anything in because i would be paying in full. Although i figured they would say no, scions are pure pricing, blah blah blah he said that he would ask the manager. so the manager comes over and i tell him the situation and he says that they cant throw anything in, but that he could give me a "free gift" as long as it wasn't on the actual write up of the car.

I have no idea how much monetary value this gift would be but he said to let him know what i would like and he will see what he can do. So what should I ask for? I was thinking maybe a 3rd key.... but i really don't need a 3rd key but i cant think of anything else that isn't too expensive that they might throw in.

Ideas?

NotJonGreco 12-30-2007 12:14 AM

Sway bar? TRD Springs? Try something from TRD...What's the worst he can say, no?

RodC 12-30-2007 12:15 AM

I paid in full and didn't get sht for free. I had to pay for my TRD springs, shocks, struts, and bars.

andino 12-30-2007 12:18 AM

trd rear sway bar

highvoltage1 12-30-2007 12:33 AM

go with the rear sway bar

Jiggaman 12-30-2007 12:37 AM

so let me get this straight....

you are a buying a car from a dealership, and you want free stuff because they cant negotiate the price?

watching...if you get something free im gonna go to my dealership and demand free stuff!

:lol:

deadtoaster2 12-30-2007 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by RodC
I paid in full and didn't get sht for free. I had to pay for my TRD springs, shocks, struts, and bars.

maybe he was talking more along the lines of a free t-shirt or hat but i dont know. he wasnt specific. I will let you know what happens.

RodC 12-30-2007 12:52 AM

Yeah, you need to find out what kind of "free gift" they had in mind. But it can't hurt to aim high. You should go back there and demand a free xD with your tC.

scionteecee 12-30-2007 01:16 AM

tC comes with 3 keys, 2 master keys, 1 normal

as for the free gift it's gonna be like a keychain lol i got 2

draxcaliber 12-30-2007 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by scionteecee
tC comes with 3 keys, 2 master keys, 1 normal

as for the free gift it's gonna be like a keychain lol i got 2

2 master keys, and one "valet" key, it can start the car, but it doesn't have keyless entry, and it can't unlock the glove box.

MeatRocket 12-30-2007 02:20 AM

how about an extra set of floor mats :eyebrow:

FLEA 12-30-2007 02:23 AM

He'll probably give the the foam cup iPod holder. That was my "free" gift, even though I wasn't expecting one.

Chrisb319 12-30-2007 02:37 AM

^
The foam cup comes with the car. My 07 did.

A spare key isin't cheap, btw.

FLEA 12-30-2007 02:38 AM

I also got a couple free dents as well. Good thing I didn't take the car off the lot.

trialsindude 12-30-2007 02:46 AM

LOL the old pay in full with cash. The deal doesnt care they will get the money no matter which way you pay them, IE cash, check, MO, cashier check, LOAN, etc....
They will still get PAID.

LOL give me free ____ because I pay in full with cash.

hahahaha

WAlterEgo 12-30-2007 02:49 AM

free gift as in a cd sampler, scion fuzzy dice or antenna topper :P im pretty sure it wont be able to exceed more than a hundred bucks. jus get some floor mats, shift knob, sport pedals or something. don't push it.

revinnova 12-30-2007 03:01 AM

I got wheel locks, 2 master keys, 2 normal keys, front end mask, fiber guard, underbody coat, and he promised me mudguards but I didn't get any.

sweetdreamz 12-30-2007 03:27 AM

They may give him something well worth it. The dealer gave me the pedestal spoiler since they "said" they couldn't get a dealer trade on what I wanted.

SciontCya 12-30-2007 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by sweetdreamz
They may give him something well worth it. The dealer gave me the pedestal spoiler since they "said" they couldn't get a dealer trade on what I wanted.

Yeah, just like my daughter who got pulled over for tint yesterday and got no ticket...
Girls get all kinds of **** because they're hot and guys are like dogs without a bowl of water when they see one.

AS for the OP - why in the **** should you get anything free for paying cash?
I pay cash all the time for lots of things and don't get prizes.
Oh, and don't you mean daddy paid cash? :rofl:

deadtoaster2 12-30-2007 04:07 AM

actually no, I am paying for the whole thing. but thanks for being a jerk about it.