Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   First mods Scion tC (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/first-mods-scion-tc-236887/)

ylruc 01-23-2019 08:07 AM

First mods Scion tC

I recently purchased an 06 Scion tC. I been reading around and found some good tips and advice.
I was wondering if I should go with an axle back exhaust or a cold air intake as my first mod?

I’m not really going for HP just for a nice sound, TBH. Also I want to get some aftermarket lights,

Any suggestions?

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

MR_LUV 01-26-2019 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by ylruc (Post 4292519)
I recently purchased an 06 Scion tC. I been reading around and found some good tips and advice. I was wondering if I should go with an axle back exhaust or a cold air intake as my first mod?
I’m not really going for HP just for a nice sound, TBH. Also I want to get some aftermarket lights, any suggestions

The 1st Mod is all Personal Preference depending on your taste and budget.
There are a bunch of YouTube videos where you can hear the different tC Exhaust sounds.

You can also Check Out the different Build Threads on this Forum.

A couple of examples are:

Dilirious' Photo/Build Thread Updated 09/26

dogg 01-29-2019 04:10 AM

I did the TRD axle back and love it...sound is exactly what i wanted...Meagan Racing mid pipe finished it off...

Also did a TRD CAI, but after a couple years, got tired of cleaning the airflow sensor to keep the light off...glad I kept the stock intake air cleaner assembly...

No real performance increases, but sounds good, and after 120,000 miles, still get 30 mpg on the highway...but starting to burn about a quart every 1500 miles or so...(just missed the recall requirements when i did it...scam I'm pretty sure...everyone JUST misses the mark...

Bullcrap...I caught the _______ overfilling mine the first time i went to do the survey...mark on the stick was 1/2 quart, at least, over the full mark when the criminals pulled the dipstick after the required 1200 miles, which I demanded I watch...oh, don't know what could have happened they say.
Then try to actually accuse me of tampering...

Second try was just short of the warranty requirements...imagine that...sorry, I"m just venting...

Ace83 02-01-2019 08:50 PM

Wow, Scion Life still alive :D the forum I used to be so frequent. But I would do sounds or aesthetic upgrades first, they're more fun.
You want performance either go big like Turbo system / SC or non at all.

gearheadmoto250 02-22-2020 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by ylruc (Post 4292519)
I recently purchased an 06 Scion tC. I been reading around and found some good tips and advice. I was wondering if I should go with an axle back exhaust or a cold air intake as my first mod?
I’m not really going for HP just for a nice sound, TBH. Also I want to get some aftermarket lights, Any suggestions?

I used an Injen Performance Intake. Pretty well built . Kinda expensive.

And I bought the TRD exhaust. Has a nice rumble to it.

___

Yo_tc 07-02-2022 03:06 PM

Next mods

Hi!
I have a 11' tc ans i was wondering what you guys think i could add more to my car..
Right now i have injen cold air intake, megan racing full exhaust and costum made high compression heads.
I make about 230 bhp.. i beat focus st on the drag strip hehe
is there more modification i can do to my engine/transmission or i can focus on body work?
i was thinking about trd short shifter but i don't know if it worth it.. if not do y'all have any other ideas?

waterfather 08-10-2022 07:02 AM

Upgrading the rear sway bar and front strut bar would also be a good and easy upgrade as well

waterfather 08-10-2022 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Yo_tc (Post 4311006)
Hi!
I have a 11' tc ans i was wondering what you guys think i could add more to my car..
Right now i have injen cold air intake, megan racing full exhaust and costum made high compression heads.
I make about 230 bhp.. i beat focus st on the drag strip hehe
is there more modification i can do to my engine/transmission or i can focus on body work?
i was thinking about trd short shifter but i don't know if it worth it.. if not do y'all have any other ideas?

I think it's worth it as you'll be able to shift faster into gears but from I've seen on Youtube there was one difficult step to remove a bolt carefully but also making sure you don't break the plastic