Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Help me spend $5k on my new FM tc

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member

Default Help me spend $5k on my new FM tc

Hey I'm new to this site (thank the forum gods for SL) and I'm getting a new '06 FM TC on Wednesday, and I"m trying to get some more ideas of what I should mod. As the subject says I was blessed with a little cash to burn for mods. So far I've decided on my wheels ( 18" Konig freefall grey hyperblack) haven't decided on what tires though or even where I can get the best price on the wheels. I'm getting the TRD short shifter installed as soon as the car arrives. I also have the Kamanari carbon fiber reverse cowl hood on order from eautoworks.com thanks to some post that I've read. Now I'm trying to decide on the sound. I am a music lover, but I'm not trying to go too over board. What do you guys think about that 10" bazoka tube they have through the dealer. I've been trying to find a dealership that has a tc that has it installed so that I can hear it but haven't had any luck. I also want to change the headlights, and I've been reading about the demon eyes anybody know what the overall consensus is? I don't want to be blinding people on the road I just want my lights to have that blue/puple hue to them without melting my wiring harnes. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post appreciate all your feedback.

Red
Old 01-29-2006, 07:56 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Congrats on the purchase. I had kinda the same thing. Bought a cheap car, then quickly (ina month) dropped 7 grand into it.

Dont get the Kumhp Ecsta Supra 712 tires. I totally hate them.
The Bazooka is way expensive for what it gives you.
Other than that just have fun and do it up.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I agree about the Bazooka, definitely not worth what you pay.

I say spend it all on motor.
Big-a$$ turbo........lol.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stay away from the Bazooka tube.Very expensive hence the scion name
If your into music and sound, head with either JL, Alpine, or Eclipse.
I have the full Alpine Type-x system in mine.ran me around 1500 total for everything but the sound is well worth the price.
Depends what you want to do otherwise.wheels and tires will be around 1200-1700
hood is gonna run your around 400-500.headlights.i just have hyperblue/white xenons and they have a nice accent.i'm getting the demon eyes soon but for now its good.

If your going performance,hit up an exhaust,CAI,and a supercharger if you want,lol
body kit sare also nice

i just ordered 18" wheels w/ a kaminari full urethane kit which wasnt that expensive.
hope this helped
Old 01-29-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i disagree on the sub. I have it and while it doesnt hit as hard as the two 12's i had in my previous rides, i think it does a decent job as a factory option. The price really isnt that bad ($264 from trdsparks.com). Especially for a custom fit box that leaves tons of trunk space. If you had a box built like that with a 10" sub, im sure you would be looking at a higher price. I like my music, but decided to give up some of the thump for the practicality of the trunk space. If you are a music nut that likes to have big bass, dont get the bazooka sub.

but to answer you question... buy some coilovers and strut/sway bars to take control of the handling and slap on an intake, header, & exhaust for more power.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 01-29-2006, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Wish i had this much to spend on my tC, here's a few ideas.

Nitto or Toyo tires ive heard are great!

get some good TEIN coilovers, sways and tower bar. Lip kit would also look nice.

JL 10w6 in a custom box and 500/1 amp would sound pretty nice IMO. some good components with a seperate amp would sound great! A nice 2006 alpine HU that are comming out soon. or eclipse navi system. an Ipod so you wont need cd's. Stinger connections.

or as "FrankenScion" said.....Big-butt turbo!
Good luck....keep us posted!
Old 01-29-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this question is easy:
you all ready have rims so minus 1000
you have a c/f hood so minus 500
now why dont you get a c/f hatch so that another 500
then invest in a nice susepension... how about trd stuts, and maybe htech springs(800 installed)
thats about 2800 right there, and you have 2200 left. how about an Injen CAI, Megan Racing Headers, and how about ummm iono, a ZPI full catback... that was a good 900 spent.
okay that is good for the performance aspect right now.... and you will be pleased for a while. you have 1300 hundred left. spend 100 on lights, as in HALO hyperwhites, and maybe some LED lights to finish off the exterior(not the tails, but all of the bulbs, uprgrade them) also when i say HALO i mean the company, not the rings. you know have 1200 left!!! how about a nice front lip for about 300. its carbon fiber
alright so you got 900 left huh, since you want sound and all, go with a KICKER L5 12inch sub, and a kicker amp to power that which would bring you to about 700 installed. so you got 200, spend maybe 100 getting your tails professionaly smoked, and with the 100 you got left... take your financial advisor(ME) to dinner!!! haha, but if you do need any help, i live like 20 minutes away from you... so i can get you cheap parts, just pm me
Old 01-29-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

supercharger
Old 01-29-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol.wow

i wish you lived that close to me
Old 01-29-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i try to help...

Anyways I have about 7000 dollars to spend so I have a list as well. I plan to do this in the summer though, cuz I need my car right now. As of now here are some of the mods:
-C/F Hatch
-OEM C/F Hood
-C/F front lip, and side skirts
-Magic rear lip w/ C/F overlay
-C/F roof panels(someone is doing it for me as I type this)
-C/F eyelids
-C/F B-pillar sticker
-VIS racing roof spoiler(a maybe)w/ c/f
-OEM lip spoiler(already on the car)
-Smoked Taillighs/brakelight,mirror signals, turn signals
-6000k hid kit
-reverse hid kit
-progress coilovers
-fresh coat of paint(color is not to be discussed..hahahahaha)
-and a nice set rims, 18x8 in the front, 18or19x10 in the rear!!!
-vinyl interior(whats the point of leather)
-and I/H/E and some engine dress up
Old 01-29-2006, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good
i just spent about 4500 or so on visuals
1500 previously on my audio system
and another 300 or so on underglow.interior LEDs and tint
probably going with a CAi+Exhaust soon so ill kep things posted up
Old 01-29-2006, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks guys for all the ideas. Definitely a lot to think about hey blackonblacktc that would be cool to hook up I can always use a good source for parts. I'm also wanting to try my hand on working on the car myself as well. Are you a part of a club? I want to join one out here but not a bunch of dick heads that think their car has to always be better than everyone else (even though we all think). I always show respece and I like to see other peoples concepts and I like to take pics of others ideas. Yeah I'm really thinking about getting the SC but haven't decided yet because that would be almost all my loot.

Will keep you posted thanks again for the replies anymore ideas will be appreciated.

:D :D :D
Old 01-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

I would go with the F5 Fujita intake, TEIN coilovers, reserve a Strup axleback, and get some 18 inch Jaz or Axis wheels w/ staggered fitment or width. This is just what I would do if I had a new tC and wanted to put $5k into immediately.

Then with some of the leftover money, a nice rear sway bar, then start on the ICE.

Of course a nice cf hood and hatch would be nice also, but it all depends on the theme you want.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:14 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

There's SoCal-tC-Club. There's actually a meet in Santa Ana this thrusday (the 2nd). Check my sig for the link.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member

Get a turbo kit, because the car already looks nice stock and needs to have the power to back it up. Thats just me thought, I glad you got a TC and do whatever makes you happy. good luck with that $5 grand
Old 01-30-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rough estimatated prices:

1000 Head unit (kenwood/eclipse. I <3 my ddx 7017)
500-800 decent head unit
1000 rims/tires
150 tint
600 remote start alarm
700 cai/exhaust (if you're realistic and know that this car won't be a beast w/o dropping masses of money into it, then this would give you that street car feel, at least in my mind)

That's up to 4300 right there. I dunno, people can't make your decision for you. If that was true, just give me a few hundred, duh!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alternatively, you could invest the money into something more worthwhile. Did you pay cash for your car? That 5k would be easily 6-8k savings after interest is all said and done.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member

take 3k and invest it

take the other 2k and go for one of the following themes:

handling
power
style/ dress up

once you have found out what you want to do to your tC, scroll up and look at the various suggestions
Old 01-30-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DuMa
supercharger
ditto, no question for me if i had the cash on hand.

i'd do one of the available turbo setups but none are CARB cert yet (turbonetics says they are gonna do it but that's pretty much a pipe dream and i'm not changing stuff out to smog).
Old 01-30-2006, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default SCTCC

Check your messages, im part of socal tc club. I gave the website. Anyways, we have meets everynow and then, and they are area specific so it cool for you to. anyways.. if you need any help, or wanna meet up to discuss parts and all we can do that. I have a friend that can get some parts cheap, and I can get some name brand stuff cheap too. However im not talking like dirt cheap, just cheaper then what you would normally pay, like maybe 20 to 50 bucks depending.

Quick Reply: Help me spend $5k on my new FM tc