Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   How to reset the LEDs? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/how-reset-leds-22322/)

Darksun 04-11-2005 01:22 AM

How to reset the LEDs?

I had to unlpug my battery to install my sub, but my LEDS don't work anymore. how do do I reset them??

tcsciontist 04-11-2005 02:33 PM

what LED's?

wyldkard 04-11-2005 03:58 PM

Why the hell does everything on the tC have to be reset when you disconnect the battery?

I'm used to driving cars where the only thing you had to reset was the clock and stereo settings.

-Z

Fsu1dolfan 04-11-2005 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by wyldkard
Why the hell does everything on the tC have to be reset when you disconnect the battery?

I'm used to driving cars where the only thing you had to reset was the clock and stereo settings.

-Z

I'll second that crap!!!! :flame: I installed the sub this weekend too...and i forgot the reset on that damn seatbelt alarm....arggggg what a pain...now i have to go find the paper i printed to do it!!!

JasonH 04-11-2005 04:41 PM

The LEDs shouldn't have to be "reset", but you might have to turn them back on with the switch. I suppose they could hav ebeen on when you bought the car and you never had to mess with the switch. It's sequential and has four settings: cupholder lights on, floor lights on, both on and all off. Just click through until you get the setting you want.

Mabus 04-11-2005 04:45 PM

dud what do u mean reset the seatbelt alarm..how do u turn it off??? please someone it hurts my ears while i drive to gasd station for ciggatettes

Darksun 04-11-2005 04:50 PM

@JasonH

The LEDs don't work at all right now. I've used the button many times, but after dissconnecting the battery, It went totally.

@tcsciontist

The LEDs are the blue lights near the feet & in the cupholders.

WheelSee 04-11-2005 04:56 PM

stupid question...

but have you checked your fuses?

~wC

jmiller20874 04-11-2005 05:01 PM

^^^ Yeah if they were on when you disconnected the battery, when you hooked the battery back up, it might of sent a surge blowing the fuse.

ScionDad 04-11-2005 05:23 PM

If this was a dealer install, the fuse is a yellow fuse holder (inline) behind the cig lighter. Don't ask how I know :doh:

Fsu1dolfan 04-11-2005 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mabus
dud what do u mean reset the seatbelt alarm..how do u turn it off??? please someone it hurts my ears while i drive to gasd station for ciggatettes

Turn on/off the seatbelt warning beeps
This is a nice way to disable the seatbelt warning without having to disconnect anything.
1. Make sure odometer (not trip meter) is active before starting
2. Turn key to "on" position - do not start the car just turn the key
3. Immediately after turning the key, press and hold the trip meter reset button.
4. Keep holding in button and after 10-12 sec. attach the driver's side seatbelt.
5. A message of "b-off" (disable) or "b-on" (enable) should appear in the odometer readout to show that it was done correctly.

Hope this helps...works great for me!!!! :eyebrow:

Darksun 04-13-2005 02:14 PM

Well, I got part of my answer:

Every once in a while the light would turn on. And I even cycled through the settings. But after turning my car off, then on, they stopped working again.

I called them and it sounds like the wiring is loose! I'm pretty ____ed. If they installed that so poorly that moving the wires out of the way to install an item causes them the connection to fail, they need to do it over, and do it right!

They should be looking at it tomorrow. well see..

JasonH 04-13-2005 02:28 PM

That sucks. I hope they fix it. I'm glad I installed mine myself, I know all the connections are good. I've never had a problem with mine.

jmiller20874 04-13-2005 02:36 PM

Dude if you got a bad install of the factory lights, get it checked ASAP. There's a member on here who's car interior had an electrical fire due to a suspected faulty dealer light install.

Darksun 04-13-2005 04:03 PM

Crap! I'm definately checking it out...